Silsbee vs. Pleasant Grove Game Thread/Silsbee wins 67-43!

WOSgrad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was reading another messageboard about this game and it seems folks up there in East Texas had not seen the kind of speed that Silsbee brings. Some were predicting that Pleasant Grove would make the Region II finals. By looking at some of the comments, Silsbee exposed this PG team and East Texas.

Some folks were commenting that even at #5 in the state, that Silsbee was underrated.

Those guys need to come down here and get them some of Region III.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1180929" timestamp="1329662151"]
Silsbee Speed = Dangerous playoff team  ;)
[/quote]

I think Silsbee's speed would almost guarantee them a spot at state in almost any region... except Region 3.  They're still capable of making it, but this region is packed with teams athletic enough to at least keep up with them to some extent.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1180933" timestamp="1329662452"]
I love playoff time. If Silsbee beats Splendora, will they come closer to Houston to play in round 2?
[/quote]

If Silsbee defeats Splendora, they will face Brookshire Royal in the 2nd round. I would think that this game would be played somewhere in the Greater Houston area.

[quote name="Kountzer" post="1180960" timestamp="1329666449"]
Delmar stadium gym would be a good location.
[/quote]
Too big...unless its a double header, it would seem empty...There are SO many very nice HS venues there to choose from which would be better...Kingwood, North Shore, even Wheeler Fieldhouse (Ft Bend ISD) would be better suited...Delmar?...No.

[quote name="no-look" post="1180973" timestamp="1329667847"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96227.msg1180965#msg1180965 date=1329667182]
I am thinking if this game happens it will be somewhere in the Conroe/Woodlands area.
[/quote]I'm thinking this game should be played at Angelina College...  ;D
[/quote]

I have no problems with that.

BTW no-look, those two Houston brothers are pretty good, particularly Zebo! They just don't have enough around them.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1180974" timestamp="1329667955"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=96227.msg1180973#msg1180973 date=1329667847]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=96227.msg1180965#msg1180965 date=1329667182]
I am thinking if this game happens it will be somewhere in the Conroe/Woodlands area.
[/quote]I'm thinking this game should be played at Angelina College...  ;D
[/quote]

I have no problems with that.

BTW no-look, those two Houston brothers are pretty good, particularly Zebo! They just don't have enough around them.
[/quote]Probally the two best players in the district, but our district is down this year.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1180962" timestamp="1329666834"]
[quote author=Kountzer link=topic=96227.msg1180960#msg1180960 date=1329666449]
Delmar stadium gym would be a good location.
[/quote]
Too big...unless its a double header, it would seem empty...There are SO many very nice HS venues there to choose from which would be better...Kingwood, North Shore, even Wheeler Fieldhouse (Ft Bend ISD) would be better suited...Delmar?...No.
[/quote]What about Hardin-Jefferson's Gym? 

C'mon, guys! ;)  Oh yeah, its too close to Silsbee.....

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="bullets13" post="1180930" timestamp="1329662330"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96227.msg1180929#msg1180929 date=1329662151]
Silsbee Speed = Dangerous playoff team  ;)
[/quote]

I think Silsbee's speed would almost guarantee them a spot at state in almost any region... except Region 3.  They're still capable of making it, but this region is packed with teams athletic enough to at least keep up with them to some extent.
[/quote]
Good insight, Bullets.  We certainly could use some size but, playing by the rules, we gotta play with with we got.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1180923" timestamp="1329661471"]
Was reading another messageboard about this game and it seems folks up there in East Texas had not seen the kind of speed that Silsbee brings. Some were predicting that Pleasant Grove would make the Region II finals. By looking at some of the comments, Silsbee exposed this PG team and East Texas.

Some folks were commenting that even at #5 in the state, that Silsbee was underrated.

Those guys need to come down here and get them some of Region III.
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D 8)

My inlaws went to this game and some PG fans sat behind them. My lnlaws said they talked about how good they were and that they have only one lose and the size advantage they have on such a small team and yada,yada,yada. Then just before tip off one of them tapped my father-in-law on the shoulder and said "we didn't drive all this way for nothing, so get ready" my father-in-law said "OK". In the second period they didn't talk as much, and when the third period got going they didn't say nothing. After the game they just got up and left the building, with out saying a word. Kinda rude don't you think, just getting up and leaving like that not even a good luck or nothing. Go Tigers!!!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BigDaddy00" post="1181095" timestamp="1329691120"]
Despite all the good teams in region 3 I still have a good feeling we will see a Silsbee/HJ regional finals game
[/quote]
BigDaddy, I hope you are right and it's not just flatulence that you feel. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124