Congrats to HJ on a Co-District Championship

Lazeek

HJ finished the regular season 36-1 and 9-1 in District 21-3A.  They shared the District Championship with the Silsbee Tigers this year.  Both teams finished 9-1 and will represent the District in the playoffs starting next week.

Silsbee conceded the 1st place seed to HJ today.  Therefore Silsbee will be the #2 seed and play Splendora next week in the 1st round of the playoffs.  HJ will get the BYE in the 1st round and will play the winner of Sealy/Smithville/Rockdale in 2nd round of the playoffs.  Smithville and Rockdale are tied for 3rd in their District and will play it off on Friday.  Winner of that game will play Sealy on Monday or Tuesday.

Silsbee will play Texarkana Pleasont Grove on Saturday in a warm up game, and HJ is working on a game to be played on Saturday as well.  I will post the HJ game info once I receive it.

Congrats to the Tigers and Hawks, and good luck to both in the playoffs!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1178279" timestamp="1329282223"]
Congrats to both teams on their co-district championship.

This makes 5 consecutive years and 7 of the past 8 years that Silsbee has been co-champs or out right district champs. (out right champs in '05, '10, '11, co-champs '06, '08, '09, '12)
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Wow...you had to get that in,....

I've learned when I read a certain person's post the last sentence or what's in parenthesis is all they want you to come away with.  A wise man once said "listen for the buts in every sentence because the true meaning of the statement comes after the word but".  Before the "but" is the smile before you get punched in the face.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1178422" timestamp="1329316179"]
Congrats to the Hawks for having the top average score in district play and giving up the fewest average points in district play, not to mention the largest average margin of victory.
[/quote]
and they were probably only the second most talented team in the district.... ::)

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1178446" timestamp="1329317573"]
I dont understand why they didnt play the game out.  I would get tired of being co-district champs, I would want the title alone.  Kind of like kissing your sister.
[/quote]
Well, they would be Co-champs, regardless...If they had played, it would be for playoff seeding only.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1178446" timestamp="1329317573"]
I dont understand why they didnt play the game out.  I would get tired of being co-district champs, I would want the title alone.  Kind of like kissing your sister.
[/quote]

You think maybe it could be because of the way the match up would have went later on in playoffs?

[quote name="Lightning/Eagle" post="1178451" timestamp="1329317939"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=96046.msg1178446#msg1178446 date=1329317573]
[/quote]

You think maybe it could be because of the way the match up would have went later on in playoffs?
[/quote]You mean, you think Sealy's got something to do with it?

Nooooo.......

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1178454" timestamp="1329318058"]
It may say for playoff seeding, but everyone would know who the outright winner would be, either HJ or Silsbee but you would know.  That would be my point.
And I dont see why it has to be for seeding only, arent district championships important?  Sorry Dickie, cant agree with you on this either.
[/quote]
It's not an agreeable point, its the rule! They are BOTH considered district CO-CHAMPIONS...Matters not who would have won the seeding game..Yes, I understand your "bragging rights" claim, but the books will read 2012 CO-Champions.. 8)

[quote name="east texas bb" post="1178454" timestamp="1329318058"]
It may say for playoff seeding, but everyone would know who the outright winner would be, either HJ or Silsbee but you would know.  That would be my point.
And I dont see why it has to be for seeding only, arent district championships important?  Sorry Dickie, cant agree with you on this either.
[/quote]I think how far you go in the play-offs is a better determinant than who won "Round 3".  We all know that a 10 game series would go 5-5 or 6-4 (at worst).  So who wins this game isn't really all that important.

Take the 2008 season, for example.  HJ beat Silsbee when they played this game (for seeding purposes).  So HJ has bragging rights, correct?  No, Silsbee won game 4 in Hunstville and went on to the State Tournament.  HJ may have had bragging rights, but only for about 2-1/2 weeks.

[quote name="lamar73!" post="1178460" timestamp="1329318354"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96046.msg1178422#msg1178422 date=1329316179]
Congrats to the Hawks for having the top average score in district play and giving up the fewest average points in district play, not to mention the largest average margin of victory.
[/quote]

"BUT"
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1178453" timestamp="1329318032"]
[quote author=Lightning/Eagle link=topic=96046.msg1178451#msg1178451 date=1329317939]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=96046.msg1178446#msg1178446 date=1329317573]
[/quote] I know if I were Silsbee id want the rematch against Sealy and try to prove you can beat them

[/quote]You mean, you think Sealy's got something to do with it?

Nooooo.......
[/quote]

Whats with all these SHARING of district titles around these parts, BLUEDOVE? HJ and Silsbee, then Central and Nederland... I thought there was supposed to be just ONE champion of each district... ::) ::)..They must me too nice here in SE Texas with all of this SHARING!! We didn't share in Houston, did we Dove? STINGY district champions!! ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476