Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland wins 52-27!

WOSgrad

It's amazing how a game can turn out when the refs call the game like its basketball and not just a pickup play ground free-for-all.  LCM tried to play that way but the fouls stopped it pretty quick.  My hat's off to the fair minded refs.  Thank you very much!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1178392" timestamp="1329313865"]
Not taking anything away from Nederland, but LC-M went through the motions.  They had nothing at all to play for and according to the Beaumont Enterprise article, the LC-M coach seldom even got up off the bench and played the scrubs most of the game.
[/quote]
::) ::)....scrubs? LCM has scrubs? you have to have PLAYERS in order to have scrubs... ::)..and don't refer to bench players as scrubs...its demeaning...they are the RESERVES... 8)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1178398" timestamp="1329314086"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96031.msg1178392#msg1178392 date=1329313865]
Not taking anything away from Nederland, but LC-M went through the motions.  They had nothing at all to play for and according to the Beaumont Enterprise article, the LC-M coach seldom even got up off the bench and played the scrubs most of the game.
[/quote]
::) ::)....scrubs? LCM has scrubs? you have to have PLAYERS in order to have scrubs... ::)..and don't refer to bench players as scrubs...its demeaning...they are the RESERVES... 8)
[/quote]I'm sorry, I mean the 'bomb squad'.  ;)

BTW, the article that I'm in reference to is posted by myself up top.

Not taking anything away from Nederland, [b]but[/b] LC-M went through the motions.  They had nothing at all to play for and according to the Beaumont Enterprise article, the LC-M coach seldom even got up off the bench and played the scrubs most of the game.
[/quote]
You just took EVERYTHING away from them (in your opinion). 'BUT' may only be a three letter word, BUT it is one of the most powerful words when used like this. The TRUTH remains that Ned won 28 games this year and went 12-2 in district. And THAT'S something you CAN'T take
away from these kids.
The FACT is that the big kid from LCM got 2 fouls early, so he HAD to sit a while. The coach (and the paper) can claim they played their 'reserves', BUT they failed to mention this FACT. LCM played hard and their 1st team until the game got out of hand.
Great win and great defense Dawgs! Keep it up!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1178437" timestamp="1329317168"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96031.msg1178392#msg1178392 date=1329313865]
Not taking anything away from Nederland, [b]but[/b] LC-M went through the motions.  They had nothing at all to play for and according to the Beaumont Enterprise article, the LC-M coach seldom even got up off the bench and played the scrubs most of the game.
[/quote]
You just took EVERYTHING away from them (in your opinion). 'BUT' may only be a three letter word, BUT it is one of the most powerful words when used like this. The TRUTH remains that Ned won 28 games this year and went 12-2 in district. And that's something you CAN'T take
away from these kids.
The FACT is that the big kid from LCM got 2 fouls early, so he HAD to sit a while. The coach (and the paper) can claim they played their 'reserves',
BUT they failed to mention this FACT.
Great win and great defense Dawgs! Keep it up!
[/quote]I wasn't at t his game.  I'm just the messenger, man.  Don't kill the messenger.  :D

[/quote]And that one of the problems with the playoff system. Watered down

I was at the game and LCM really didn't play hard.  Both Ozen and Nederland have won big games only to lose the next one.  LCM beat Livingston last week to capture 4th.  Their hearts were not in this game and their playing showed it.  It didn't help that their big man fouled early. To many mental errors and poor shooting.  Hopefully they will not carry this to the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476