Nederland vs. Beaumont Ozen Game Thread/Ozen wins 54-43!

WOSgrad

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1176056" timestamp="1328938821"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=95812.msg1176028#msg1176028 date=1328935070]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=95812.msg1175841#msg1175841 date=1328925321]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1175836#msg1175836 date=1328925011]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=95812.msg1175834#msg1175834 date=1328924958]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1175833#msg1175833 date=1328924912]
Tied at 18. TO Ozen. 6 min
[/quote]

How is the crowd??
[/quote]

Nederland fans showed up! About twice as many as Ozen.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

I said on the show two weeks ago that Nederland traveled better than any other team in SE Texas!!!  Looks like I was right!!! 8) 8)
[/quote]

Maybe for 4A & 5A schools but HJ typically puts more people in the visitor seats than any of their competitors and their home seats.
[/quote]
Since Lazeek is a HJ guy, I'm certain he is well aware of how HJ travels!  :-\
[/quote]

And HJ travels very well........per capita I would say that HJ and Nederland are the same percentage.  Obviously Ned would have more just from a bigger population!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DickieV, these kids have come out and proven every single person outside of Nederland wrong this year.. The only things said about Nederland were that is was a rebuilding season and there is no way they can win after losing all that talent last year! These guys this year have put in the work and effort to be just as good, and I do believe they went undefeated through the first half of district.. You know what that means? EVERY team is gunning for you! You are going to every team's best! People know who the team to beat is.. I bet Nederland has gotten the best effort Central and Ozen in those past two games because they didnt like the idea of Nederland winning district AGAIN with a chance of going undefeated ;) Congrats to Ozen on a big win! Keep your heads up Dogs! This is now makes these last games huge!

I want details of this game, not talk about the Jv squad of Nederland missing shots.  I want to know what Ozen did on defense and offens and what the Nederland coach did to adjust to it.  What players showed up and didnt show up. 

From judging on the outcome, I would say that DV was dead on when he stated that Big Ned peaked 2 weeks ago.  I will eat crow because I thought Nederland would take it. I knew Nederland would have heck on their 2 trips to Beaumont, but i realistically thought they would lose once here.

Great job, Ozen.  Now, we have a 2 way tie for first with nederland facing yet another tough game with the Bears.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1176084" timestamp="1328951495"]
I want details of this game, not talk about the Jv squad of Nederland missing shots.  I want to know what Ozen did on defense and offens and what the Nederland coach did to adjust to it.  What players showed up and didnt show up. 

From judging on the outcome, I would say that DV was dead on when he stated that Big Ned peaked 2 weeks ago.  I will eat crow because I thought Nederland would take it. I knew Nederland would have heck on their 2 trips to Beaumont, but i realistically thought they would lose once here.

Great job, Ozen.  Now, we have a 2 way tie for first with nederland facing yet another tough game with the Bears.
[/quote]    Here are your details Soulja ,from a famous football coach I am sure we all know,"THEY ARE  WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE "

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1176054" timestamp="1328938647"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=95812.msg1176050#msg1176050 date=1328938079]
Did ozen jv win tonight?
[/quote]
As well as Ozen JV played, Ned hung around until the last few minutes of the game. Pretty much the same story as the Varsity squad, missed open shots.
[/quote]  NB DAWG ,give credit wear credit is due, in the JV game #23 was on the bench along with the other starters ,when Ned. made their run ,put them back in, and the lead swelled. In the varsity game Ozen simply out played Ned. in all aspects ,other than free throw shooting, Ned. tried to play hack a Shaq. ;D ;D

seeing a little backpeddling by a couple of nederville posters all of a sudden... a few weeks ago, they were disrespected and head and shoulders above anyone in the area... now they're "exceeding expectations".  not taking a shot at the program, which is still very good, just one or two posters :)

The Bear's game will be interesting.  Having locked in the 4th playoff spot, they don't have that worry going to Nederland.  They can go now and play for fun and to upset Nederland.  Sounds strange but I think they will play better under those conditions and not trying to stay alive in the playoffs.  Nederland will be at home and playing to stay tied for 1st.  Putting the playoff conditions to the side, Nederland will have the home court advantage and have more to lose than the Bears.

[quote name="rc2182" post="1176095" timestamp="1328966775"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95812.msg1176084#msg1176084 date=1328951495]

[/quote]    Here are your details Soulja ,from a famous football coach I am sure we all know,"THEY ARE  WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE "
[/quote]Ohh myyy!  :o  :o

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1176081" timestamp="1328947615"]
DickieV, these kids have come out and proven every single person outside of Nederland wrong this year.. The only things said about Nederland were that is was a rebuilding season and there is no way they can win after losing all that talent last year! These guys this year have put in the work and effort to be just as good, and I do believe they went undefeated through the first half of district.. You know what that means? EVERY team is gunning for you! You are going to every team's best! People know who the team to beat is.. I bet Nederland has gotten the best effort Central and Ozen in those past two games because they didnt like the idea of Nederland winning district AGAIN with a chance of going undefeated ;) Congrats to Ozen on a big win! Keep your heads up Dogs! This is now makes these last games huge!
[/quote]
Dawgs, I really hate to say, but these kids did not prove anything...they are who I thought they were...Coach E was able to carry them so far...They peaked, and now reality is setting....they are just not THAT good...Weisbrod is going to be a good prospect and so is Zach English..both are solid players...#40 can hit an open 3 every now and then...thats it...Rogers has flashes of being ok, but you would never know that kid is on the floor at times...The rest of those kids look like JV players...Thats just the truth...and Coach E managed to outcoach the opposition before those kids hit that talent wall...it was inevitable...You guys say, "we missed shots"....well, YEAH! When quicker, more athletic guys are in your mug, that is what USUALLY happens! ::)...Ozen's game plan (sadly enough) actually played into Nederlands hands in the first half! No defensive pressure, that dang handoff crap ( I don't know WHERE he saw that and decided to use it) where there was no movement at all offensively, which made the kids tentative and were not aggresive offensively in the first half...It was exactly what they needed Ozen to do to stay in the game...The second half, which was really no better, the kids just refused to lose to these guys and it showed..They got every rebound, and although they were still walking the ball up the floor (as if they felt trasition baskets counted for negative points or something... ::)) they took care of the ball, and executed ON THEIR OWN...Glad to see those kids step up and will their way to a win, because God knows they had no help from the bench...It was hard to watch, but glad the kids got the W....Sidenote: why did a Nederland dad (which will remain nameless to protect the kid), rush across the court after the game ended and tell the kids "those refs were just racist!"??..... :o :o :o....There was one white ref and two black refs, and they have been around this area for years...I was stunned to say the least.. :o

[quote name="LCMBIGFan" post="1176110" timestamp="1328970183"]
The Bear's game will be interesting.  Having locked in the 4th playoff spot, they don't have that worry going to Nederland.  They can go now and play for fun and to upset Nederland.  Sounds strange but I think they will play better under those conditions and not trying to stay alive in the playoffs.  Nederland will be at home and playing to stay tied for 1st.  Putting the playoff conditions to the side, Nederland will have the home court advantage and have more to lose than the Bears.
[/quote]Yes, Nederland does have more to play for.  Central beats PN-G.  If Big Ned has another stumble, Central wins district outright. It would be bad for nederland as they back into the playoffs and have to face a good CE King team instead of on of those not so good teams.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1176115" timestamp="1328971036"]
[quote author=LCMBIGFan link=topic=95812.msg1176110#msg1176110 date=1328970183]
[/quote]Yes, Nederland does have more to play for.  Central beats PN-G.  If Big Ned has another stumble, Central wins district outright. It would be bad for nederland as they back into the playoffs and have to face a good CE King team instead of on of those not so good teams.
[/quote]
Soulja..come on man..Central JV can beat PNG! LCM COULD stun Nederland at home, but I doubt that happens...they are not that good either, but Nederland is definitely better than LCM.  If they beat Nederland, it would not surprise me, but once again, I doubt that happens....Coach E will have those kids ready to play.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1176120" timestamp="1328971645"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95812.msg1176115#msg1176115 date=1328971036]
[quote author=LCMBIGFan link=topic=95812.msg1176110#msg1176110 date=1328970183]
[/quote]
Soulja..come on man..Central JV can beat PNG! LCM COULD stun Nederland at home, but I doubt that happens...they are not that good either, but Nederland is definitely better than LCM.  If they beat Nederland, it would not surprise me, but once again, I doubt that happens....Coach E will have those kids ready to play.
[/quote]I know the Bears have not shown much against the top half of the district, but they did give big Ned a struggle last time.  If they did battle with them or even sneak one off, it really wouldnt suprise me.

I wasnt at the game Dickie, so I wont tell you what should have happened, but I will just agree to disagree with you about that team. Nederland will be fine and those kids know it will be time to step up. Didnt most people agree Nederland could split these games in district with Ozen and Central? All that changed during the season as people started taking notice of what Nederland had going and they became the story of most Sports sections in the news! Undefeated again after losing so much?

You say peaking. I say best efforts by the other teams.. The other team earned the win. Not because the other team was superior in talent.

[quote name="rc2182" post="1176100" timestamp="1328967722"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95812.msg1176054#msg1176054 date=1328938647]
[quote author=team first link=topic=95812.msg1176050#msg1176050 date=1328938079]
Did ozen jv win tonight?
[/quote]
As well as Ozen JV played, Ned hung around until the last few minutes of the game. Pretty much the same story as the Varsity squad, missed open shots.
[/quote]  NB DAWG ,give credit wear credit is due, in the JV game #23 was on the bench along with the other starters ,when Ned. made their run ,put them back in, and the lead swelled. In the varsity game Ozen simply out played Ned. in all aspects ,other than free throw shooting, Ned. tried to play hack a Shaq. ;D ;D
[/quote]
Yep, that's what smart coaches do when they are down by 5 with two minutes to play. You foul the other team and send them to the line in hopes that they miss at least one. It didn't happen. Ozen shot 8-10 FTs and won the game! When Ned had a 5 point lead a few weeks ago, your coach sat on his butt the last two minutes, and Ned played keep away!

I'm not sure what else u want me to say about #23? He's a stud! If the coach decides to play other players, then the other team needs to try to catch up during that time, and that's what happened. Our JV did not do what ur varsity did. We missed 8-10 FTs down the stretch, and Ozen JV blew the game open.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1176117" timestamp="1328971449"]
Good analysis, DV.  One a side note, 'refs were RACIST?' WOW,thats a first Iv'e heard that one. :o
[/quote]
I have no idea what he's talking about. Not saying it didn't happen, but I didn't see it or hear anyone else mention it. Send me a PM of who it was, and I will investigate it.
If anything, the white ref made more bad calls than any of the 3 refs.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="1176134" timestamp="1328973419"]
I wasnt at the game Dickie, so I wont tell you what should have happened, but I will just agree to disagree with you about that team. Nederland will be fine and those kids know it will be time to step up. Didnt most people agree Nederland could split these games in district with Ozen and Central? All that changed during the season as people started taking notice of what Nederland had going and they became the story of most Sports sections in the news! Undefeated again after losing so much?

You say peaking. I say best efforts by the other teams.. The other team earned the win. Not because the other team was superior in talent.
[/quote]
And thats ok to disagree...I am telling you that Nederland is NOT as talented as Ozen or Central..Thats an obvious fact...The first five is just ok...the bench is JV at best..BUT the X-factor is the head coach, and he has done a terrific job.

Dickie V...if you want to be a respected contributor to this board my suggestion would be SUPPORT your team, critique others RESPECTFULLY. Nederland lost, and we expect some flack. That's OK, it makes the board fun. But it really is unnecessary to call out specific boys by name or number and say things like "you don't even know when they're on the floor, or "they have JV talent at best".  You said Weisbrod and English are good players, simply leave it at that. If you notice, you are the only one who in almost every post in some way shows your dislike for Nederland. All in fun, I don't think so. Am I oversensitive, not hardly.  Not sure where the deep seeded dislike stems from, but keep in mind this board exists because of the very boys and teams we talk about. When you got back on this board you said you wanted to be a positive contributor.......keep working at it, IMO you're not there yet.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1176183" timestamp="1328980566"]
Dickie V...if you want to be a respected contributor to this board my suggestion would be SUPPORT your team, [b]critique others RESPECTFULLY.[/b] Nederland lost, and we expect some flack. That's OK, it makes the board fun. But it really is unnecessary to call out specific boys by name or number and say things like "you don't even know when they're on the floor, or "they have JV talent at best".  You said Weisbrod and English are good players, simply leave it at that. If you notice, you are the only one who in almost every post in some way shows your dislike for Nederland. All in fun, I don't think so. Am I oversensitive, not hardly.  Not sure where the deep seeded dislike stems from, but keep in mind this board exists because of the very boys and teams we talk about. When you got back on this board you said you wanted to be a positive contributor.......keep working at it, IMO you're not there yet.
[/quote]

There are some others on this site that need to adhere to your advice.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1176184" timestamp="1328980791"]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=95812.msg1176183#msg1176183 date=1328980566]
Dickie V...if you want to be a respected contributor to this board my suggestion would be SUPPORT your team, [b]critique others RESPECTFULLY.[/b] Nederland lost, and we expect some flack. That's OK, it makes the board fun. But it really is unnecessary to call out specific boys by name or number and say things like "you don't even know when they're on the floor, or "they have JV talent at best".  You said Weisbrod and English are good players, simply leave it at that. If you notice, you are the only one who in almost every post in some way shows your dislike for Nederland. All in fun, I don't think so. Am I oversensitive, not hardly.  Not sure where the deep seeded dislike stems from, but keep in mind this board exists because of the very boys and teams we talk about. When you got back on this board you said you wanted to be a positive contributor.......keep working at it, IMO you're not there yet.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And some need to look in the mirror also!!! ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1176188" timestamp="1328981594"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=95812.msg1176184#msg1176184 date=1328980791]
[quote author=5 on 5 link=topic=95812.msg1176183#msg1176183 date=1328980566]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And some need to look in the mirror also!!! ;)
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1176183" timestamp="1328980566"]
Dickie V...if you want to be a respected contributor to this board my suggestion would be SUPPORT your team, critique others RESPECTFULLY. Nederland lost, and we expect some flack. That's OK, it makes the board fun. But it really is unnecessary to call out specific boys by name or number and say things like "you don't even know when they're on the floor, or "they have JV talent at best".  You said Weisbrod and English are good players, simply leave it at that. If you notice, you are the only one who in almost every post in some way shows your dislike for Nederland. All in fun, I don't think so. Am I oversensitive, not hardly.  Not sure where the deep seeded dislike stems from, but keep in mind this board exists because of the very boys and teams we talk about. When you got back on this board you said you wanted to be a positive contributor.......keep working at it, IMO you're not there yet.
[/quote]

Good advice.  I believe you should add in that is equally improper to demean a community or any individual sports program as well.