Liberty's Deel???

Where are you getting your information that Deel has no experience on the playing field?  That is untrue.  He has also taken a program that was in the toilet - Liberty- and turned it around.  The Panthers have improved each year under him and I expect that they will continue to do so.  And, teaching kids morals and ethics [u]Should[/u] be more important than anything else. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LP6" post="1178631" timestamp="1329330738"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=95266.msg1178526#msg1178526 date=1329323070]
[quote author=Buckeyes936 link=topic=95266.msg1178419#msg1178419 date=1329315769]
Slack would get lauged at in Liberty.
[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who proably never had good experince in football at all, and is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel, and how he only made the playoffs 1 time out of 4 years, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 Fitz at a Tight End, and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
Yeah we could use that in Liberty, but IDK what Slack has done that deal hasn't. Slack can't do that at HD lol much less Liberty.
[/quote]The talent level at Hull-Dasietta isn't very good. Liberty has a heep of great athletes that Junior class up coming seniors next year is one of the best, but can't reach there peak :'(

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1178556" timestamp="1329325548"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=95266.msg1178526#msg1178526 date=1329323070]
[quote author=Buckeyes936 link=topic=95266.msg1178419#msg1178419 date=1329315769]
[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who is 5'2 and who is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel's results, and how he only made the playoffs 1year out of 4, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 at a Tight End, and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Again,how right you are!!!Couldnt said it better myself!! OH!!! Wait a minute!!!I thought Deel was 4'9"  :o
[/quote]
Yeah and Chris Johnson is an NFL running back but I promise you he couldn't coach a football team. There's
A lot of coaches with no playing experience out there who do a fine job, but that's not the case since Deel does have playing experience so why don't you get you'r facts straight before you accuse someone of having no experience.

[quote name="3 and Out" post="1178703" timestamp="1329335177"]
Where are you getting your information that Deel has no experience on the playing field?  That is untrue.  He has also taken a program that was in the toilet - Liberty- and turned it around.  The Panthers have improved each year under him and I expect that they will continue to do so.  And, teaching kids morals and ethics [u]Should[/u] be more important than anything else.
[/quote]So being in the playoffs 11 times out of 13 years and winning District Championships 2003 and 2004 is a program that is in the toliet???? ummmmm not accurate at all. Slack is a good coach, but why didn't they hire Douglas or Taylor or even Haynes at one time? He got the job, because of the old Superintendent just very much luck

[quote name="LP6" post="1178713" timestamp="1329335522"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=95266.msg1178556#msg1178556 date=1329325548]
[/quote]Acually Coach Slack wouldn't get laughed at. He will do a way better job than Shane Deel, He actually has playing experience from my understanding. Unlike Deel who is 5'2 and who is more concerned about soocer than worring about the whole program. Slack from my understanding was All-State at Hull-Dasietta in Football, Basketball, and Track and Field. Also heard a legend that he could dunk too back in his playing days. All the coaches of the district 22-3A and Liberty alumni are flattered at Shane Deel's results, and how he only made the playoffs 1year out of 4, and trust me me Slack would have his best athletes at every postion. So having 6"6 at a Tight End, and line up a faster, accurate, more posed Quarterback and running the triple option mixing it up with the pass and run ( which Deel doens't know how to utilize in the Shotgun Spread) will be a better fit for Liberty. Wish the school board members are who ever is in charge in hiring the AD/Head Football Coach will change things it's 2012 not 1970. We want Wins, District Championships, Deep Playoff runs, more attendance, more school spirt, and the last and most important thing is teach the young student athletes how to survive in the real world and show them that you can make it in life after football ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]Again,how right you are!!!Couldnt said it better myself!! OH!!! Wait a minute!!!I thought Deel was 4'9"  :o
[/quote]
Yeah and Chris Johnson is an NFL running back but I promise you he couldn't coach a football team. There's
A lot of coaches with no playing experience out there who do a fine job, but that's not the case since Deel does have playing experience so why don't you get you'r facts straight before you accuse someone of having no experience.
[/quote]lmao yeah not good enough coaching experience

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1178715" timestamp="1329335543"]
[quote author=3 and Out link=topic=95266.msg1178703#msg1178703 date=1329335177]
[/quote]So being in the playoffs 11 times out of 13 years and winning District Championships 2003 and 2004 is a program that is in the toliet???? ummmmm not accurate at all. Slack is a good coach, but why didn't they hire Douglas or Taylor or even Haynes at one time? He got the job, because of the old Superintendent just very much luck
[/quote]
In a 4 team 1A district that still takes 3 teams like Liberty's SEVEN team district, I would hope you could make the playoffs 13/13 years. Liberty has the largest district in the state (before the new realignment) and didn't get in with a 7-3 record, 5 points to Cleveland kept them out of it, they had a good year, the team looked good they just didn't finish, which I will blame on play calling and injuries in that one game. If Liberty would have won they would have been 8-2 and done in the first round and no one would be complaining because the team performed well and WOS would have been too much for them. IMO injuries and offensive play calling lost the Clevleand game, and Huffman outplayed them on that given night, and with the injury to Liberty's starting safety replaced him with a 5ft5 130 pount freshman against Huffman was a problem being that they are a pass first offense.

[quote name="LP6" post="1178751" timestamp="1329337440"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=95266.msg1178715#msg1178715 date=1329335543]
[quote author=3 and Out link=topic=95266.msg1178703#msg1178703 date=1329335177]
[/quote]
In a 4 team 1A district that still takes 3 teams like Liberty's SEVEN team district, I would hope you could make the playoffs 13/13 years. Liberty has the largest district in the state (before the new realignment) and didn't get in with a 7-3 record, 5 points to Cleveland kept them out of it, they had a good year, the team looked good they just didn't finish, which I will blame on play calling and injuries in that one game. If Liberty would have won they would have been 8-2 and done in the first round and no one would be complaining because the team performed well and WOS would have been too much for them. IMO injuries and offensive play calling lost the Clevleand game, and Huffman outplayed them on that given night, and with the injury to Liberty's starting safety replaced him with a 5ft5 130 pount freshman against Huffman was a problem being that they are a pass first offense.
[/quote]I'm talking about Liberty program was great before Deel arrived not HD. Liberty.

3 and Out – I will start by saying that personally I do not know anything about Deel other than his record as a coach.  He may be a great guy but he has chosen a profession that he will be judged by his wins and losses – whether that is right or wrong is another argument. 

And I can say the same about Stewart as my son played while he was the head coach and I believe he was a straight shooter and treated all his players well – was he perfect No but who is.

But to say that Liberty was in the Toilet and Deel turned it around is a HUGE stretch.  First his overall record during his first 4 years is not any better than Stewarts was his last 4 years.  And as I stated earlier:

“The only reason that Liberty is improving in the W-L rankings is that Deel schedules NOBODY.  In the 4 years that Deel has been in Liberty in the preseason games Liberty has I believe scheduled 1 team that even had a winning record – and that was in 2011 in Beaumont Kelly – every other game that Liberty played was against teams with losing records.  The last 4 years Stewart was the coach they played 8 preseason games against teams that had 8 or more wins – not just winning records but at least 8 wins.  The W-L of the preseason teams was 58% while Stewart had the job and 36% under Deel. “

When you have a district that you have (lately) 3 guaranteed wins in Tarkington, Shepherd and Splendora (last 3 years or so) making the playoffs is not a tough task and Liberty should be there every year.  Liberty under Deel has struggled against every team with a winning record and generally performs poorly against with winning records.

You can talk trash about the previous coach all you want and his last 3 years were definitely down from his previous years.  But in Deel’s case he has yet – in my opinion – to have a year that would be considered quality.  And I believe he will not have that until he starts playing against quality opponents.  And yes I will include last years 7 – 3 record as unimpressive as the only quality team they beat was Beaumont Kelly – all the other 6 wins were against teams with losing records.

Man I thought Shepherd had Problems, I am glad I don't live in Liberty. Why don't you Liberty folks look at the real picture. You have good Athletes that will play hard and put up a good fight, but they are not good enough and you don't have enough of them to beat out Coldspring, Huffman and Cleveland year in and year out. I will say this those boys in Liberty do play there butt off for that coach and play a very disciplined game, Maybe yall should do more to support the coach and change the community attitude toward him then come on here and just run him down. When was the last time some of you that are running him down went and helped the program to work hard and change the loosing attitude? Just food for thought. I am not talking bad about the kids from Liberty just the folks that run this coach in the ground.

[quote name="idk" post="1178882" timestamp="1329344349"]
Man I thought Shepherd had Problems, I am glad I don't live in Liberty. Why don't you Liberty folks look at the real picture. You have good Athletes that will play hard and put up a good fight, but they are not good enough and you don't have enough of them to beat out Coldspring, Huffman and Cleveland year in and year out. I will say this those boys in Liberty do play there butt off for that coach and play a very disciplined game, Maybe yall should do more to support the coach and change the community attitude toward him then come on here and just run him down. When was the last time some of you that are running him down went and helped the program to work hard and change the loosing attitude? Just food for thought. I am not talking bad about the kids from Liberty just the folks that run this coach in the ground.
[/quote]
i will say that Liberty DOES support the team.  I went to watch a Liberty/Cleveland game last year and had to sit on the Cleveland side (Liberty Home game).  I was shocked to see the stands packed on the home side.  I was more shocked by the lack of support on the Cleveland side.  But back to the point, win or lose, Liberty had some butts in the seats.

[quote name="86hawk" post="1178890" timestamp="1329344865"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=95266.msg1178882#msg1178882 date=1329344349]
[/quote]
i will say that Liberty DOES support the team.  I went to watch a Liberty/Cleveland game last year and had to sit on the Cleveland side (Liberty Home game).  I was shocked to see the stands packed on the home side.  I was more shocked by the lack of support on the Cleveland side.  But back to the point, win or lose, Liberty had some butts in the seats.
[/quote]
I would say the town is average for a Texas town as far as support goes. Yes, the stands are packed but it's a small town and there is nothing else to do, but as far as voting on bonds and things that will improve the town, they show no support. The field house at the stadium is a wreck, the only reason the press box is there is because the hurricane destroyed the other one, the seats are broken in the stands and have loose screws, basically everything that has to do with football besides the field, is in bad shape, and the only reason the field is in shape is because the coaches take personal responsibility to make sure of that. I think Deel is headed in the right direction, and if he can do some good things next season he will be fine. I think he has the tools to turn this around, but we will see if he can utilize them this next season. I'm not a Deel supporter just yet, but I am for sure not a Deel hater, he is a good Athletic Director NO DOUBT, added soccer that went to the playoffs their first year in existence, signed Bickham as girls basketball coach who took them from 1 win and 30 losses to a district title and 2 rounds in his first season, then this year they are back in the second round. Football finally made playoffs 2 seasons ago and although they didn't this year they were 7-3 and have a lot of talent returning, he deserves his position as head coach/athletic director based on his performance so far, but I think this next season will be the decision maker. If he does good then I would say Liberty is back on track, if not then it's time to clean house once again.

[quote name="goodtimes" post="1179514" timestamp="1329421542"]
Liberty will have their hands full in preseason, if they make it though it should be OK for district.
[/quote]
They will be OK for playing Tarkington, Shepherd and Splendora. They still will be lucky to beat Ceveland for the 3rd spot.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1180264" timestamp="1329523453"]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=95266.msg1179514#msg1179514 date=1329421542]
Liberty will have their hands full in preseason, if they make it though it should be OK for district.
[/quote]
They will be OK for playing Tarkington, Shepherd and Splendora. They still will be lucky to beat Ceveland for the 3rd spot.
[/quote] More like they'll be lucky to beat your falcons for the 3rd spot.I think ya'll will have problems with Cleveland next season.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1180612" timestamp="1329583213"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95266.msg1180264#msg1180264 date=1329523453]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=95266.msg1179514#msg1179514 date=1329421542]
[/quote]
[/quote] More like they'll be lucky to beat your falcons for the 3rd spot.I think ya'll will have problems with Cleveland next season.
[/quote]
We will have problems beating Cleveland by 40, we will not have problems stomping Liberty.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1180636" timestamp="1329587656"]
Cole and Chase Harold were two very talented football players from Hull-Daisetta, they are two of Huffmans best players. Huffman will be tough the next 3 years.
[/quote]
Cold did nothing against Liberty, and I agree with minuteman you will have problems with Cleveland

[quote name="LP6" post="1180804" timestamp="1329609915"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1180636#msg1180636 date=1329587656]
Cole and Chase Harold were two very talented football players from Hull-Daisetta, they are two of Huffmans best players. Huffman will be tough the next 3 years.
[/quote]
Cold did nothing against Liberty, and I agree with minuteman you will have problems with Cleveland
[/quote]
Cole may have "done nothing" though I do not agree but his team "stomped a mudhole" in Liberty. Cleveland will put up no more fight than last year. They are another version of Liberty, a relic of the past. 

[quote name="89falcon" post="1180818" timestamp="1329615640"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=95266.msg1180804#msg1180804 date=1329609915]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1180636#msg1180636 date=1329587656]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Cole may have "done nothing" though I do not agree but his team "stomped a mudhole" in Liberty. Cleveland will put up no more fight than last year. They are another version of Liberty, a relic of the past.
[/quote]Chase may be the better overall player. Cole would have been H-D's starting QB, kid has a cannon arm. Liberty will have to face Chase for 3 more seasons and Cole for 2 more seasons. Gonna be nasty. Chase is a hitter, in junior high at H-D he knocked a couple kids out cold. H-D has lost lots of talented players to relocation. Just no houses or jobs in the woods.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1180942" timestamp="1329663795"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=95266.msg1180818#msg1180818 date=1329615640]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Chase may be the better overall player. Cole would have been H-D's starting QB, kid has a cannon arm. Liberty will have to face Chase for 3 more seasons and Cole for 2 more seasons. Gonna be nasty. [b]Chase is a hitter, in junior high [/b] at H-D he knocked a couple kids out cold. H-D has lost lots of talented players to relocation. Just no houses or jobs in the woods.
[/quote]

Did you just say[b] Jr. High. Football[/b]?????
Also I  believe that the two young men that you are talking about were not from H-D.  Katy is were their  family was from and had a brother play there, if I am not mistaking.

[quote name="goodtimes" post="1181208" timestamp="1329746863"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1180942#msg1180942 date=1329663795]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Chase may be the better overall player. Cole would have been H-D's starting QB, kid has a cannon arm. Liberty will have to face Chase for 3 more seasons and Cole for 2 more seasons. Gonna be nasty. [b]Chase is a hitter, in junior high [/b] at H-D he knocked a couple kids out cold. H-D has lost lots of talented players to relocation. Just no houses or jobs in the woods.
[/quote]

Also I  believe that the two young men that you are talking about were not from H-D.  Katy is were their  family was from and had a brother play there, if I am not mistaking.her.
[/quote]Both kids are friends with my brother. They grew up in Daisetta from elementary to junior high. Their mother worked in the H-D cafeteria. Their older brother did play for a Houston school, due to a divorce.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1181361" timestamp="1329764935"]
[quote author=goodtimes link=topic=95266.msg1181208#msg1181208 date=1329746863]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=95266.msg1180942#msg1180942 date=1329663795]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Also I  believe that the two young men that you are talking about were not from H-D.  Katy is were their  family was from and had a brother play there, if I am not mistaking.her.
[/quote]Both kids are friends with my brother. They grew up in Daisetta from elementary to junior high. Their mother worked in the H-D cafeteria. Their older brother did play for a Houston school, due to a divorce.
[/quote]
They're average players at best. Huffman used a combination of Townley and Spot at QB during 7 on 7, neither was very good but Townley was obviously the right choice with the stats he put up this year, I think Spot could have done nearly the same in that offense with that schedule, Townley has the arm, but not the size or the accuracy that's why I will again say that the 6'6 216 pound Daniel Fitzwater is better, and I am still amazed that he was simply named honorable mention QB, when he is clearly the best QB in the district, and will do more than Townley and Scott from CS after high school, and more than likely next season as well as they are all 3 juniors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder