Port Neches-Groves vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland wins 46-42!

WOSgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bulldog81" post="1167447" timestamp="1327767621"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=95032.msg1167442#msg1167442 date=1327767080]
Central next week on the road, then Ozen, right? 2!!!!!!! ;D
[/quote]

Tough schedule to get to 33. Road trip to Livingston, @ Central, home for Lumberton, @ Ozen, home for LC-M.
[/quote]
ONE game at a time, and don't overlook ANYONE!!

Lots of Nederland haters out there....and that's too bad.  English has built a great program.  Ive seen every team in 20-4A on several occasions and in my opinion, Nederland is, by far, the best.  Not saying they will run the table or anything like that, but they manage to get the job done night in and night out.  Other teams may have more talent or quickness in spots, but, as a team, Nederland stands above the rest of the district.

Hats off to Nederland.  I just wish our team could develop that kind of talent and winning attitude that they have over there.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1167454" timestamp="1327768265"]
It'll be tough for Nederland to go to Ozen and Central and leave still undefeated.  Realistically speaking, they'll lose one of them.  They'll still win the district crown, though.
[/quote]
PNG played well and did everything they could to win the game. They battled hard all not, and we're never intimidated.  They even had swagger when they were behind by 9 points in the 4th Q. #15 lit it up with some deep 3s! He made one at the end to put them ahead, while he was fading away at the top of the key. #33 and #10 know what the word hustle means. They were all over the court.
No disrespect to PNG, but if Nederland plays like that against Central and Ozen, we will leave Beaumont 0-2.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1167516" timestamp="1327787991"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95032.msg1167454#msg1167454 date=1327768265]
It'll be tough for Nederland to go to Ozen and Central and leave still undefeated.  Realistically speaking, they'll lose one of them.  They'll still win the district crown, though.
[/quote]
PNG played well and did everything they could to win the game. They battled hard all not, and we're never intimidated.  They even had swagger when they were behind by 9 points in the 4th Q. #15 lit it up with some deep 3s! He made one at the end to put them ahead, while he was fading away at the top of the key. #33 and #10 know what the word hustle means. They were all over the court.
No disrespect to PNG, but if Nederland plays like that against Central and Ozen, we will leave Beaumont 0-2.
[/quote]Nederland has been doing that a lot lately... playing just good enough to win.  I understand the opponents are giving Nederland their best game, but if teams like LCM and PNG come close to beating them, then the play-offs is going to be a short trip.

Although I get the sneaky suspicion that Coach English will get them peaking at the right time.  I'd like to see what happens at Ozen and Central to see if things change.

[quote name="texas2step4u" post="1167451" timestamp="1327768034"]
Lots of Nederland haters out there....and that's too bad.  English has built a great program.  Ive seen every team in 20-4A on several occasions and in my opinion, Nederland is, by far, the best.  Not saying they will run the table or anything like that, but they manage to get the job done night in and night out.  Other teams may have more talent or quickness in spots, but, as a team, Nederland stands above the rest of the district.

Hats off to Nederland.  I just wish our team could develop that kind of talent and winning attitude that they have over there.
[/quote]Valid points

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1167537" timestamp="1327793170"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=95032.msg1167516#msg1167516 date=1327787991]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=95032.msg1167454#msg1167454 date=1327768265]
[/quote]
PNG played well and did everything they could to win the game. They
battled hard all not, and we're never intimidated.  They even had swagger when they were behind by 9 points in the 4th Q. #15 lit it up with some deep 3s! He made one at the end
to put them ahead, while he was fading away at the top of the key. #33 and #10 know what the word hustle means. They were all over the court.
[/quote]Nederland has been doing that a lot lately... playing just good enough to win.  I understand the opponents are giving Nederland their best game, but if teams like [b]LCM and PNG[/b] come close to beating
them, then the play-offs is going to be a short trip.

Although I get the sneaky suspicion that Coach English will get them
peaking at the right time.  I'd like to see what happens at Ozen and Central to see if things
change.
[/quote]
I do agree that Ned needs to step it up or the playoff run will be short lived. However, let's review these 2 teams for a minute.

LCM:
They lost to Ozen by 1 and by 2, then lost to Nederland by 2. LCM is a playoff team this year, and easily could upset Crosby in round 1 of the playoffs.

PNG:
6 of the last 8 meetings between Ned/PNG have been victories by Ned by 5 points are less. We all know about the football history and the hype of MCM. People outside of these communities don't realize that MCM is applied to all sports (boys and girls). So when these schools meet, it's anyone's game, bc emotions are so high.

I do think that Nederland needs to play with more spark and intensity, but there is no need to push the panic button just yet. Every team does give them their best game, so they will have to 'bring it'.

[color=yellow][move][size=18pt]28!!!![/size][/move][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami