#2 BMT. CENTRAL @ #2 NEDERLAND Broadcast/NEDERLAND WINS 51-34!

Just got home from the game! Way to start stronger and finish even stronger! ( Still need to work on the middle part :-\ )

I thought the more time to prepare for the game allowed the Dogs to really slow down Smith and no one else really did much for the Jaguars. I thought we did great rebounding on both ends and that made a big difference in our run in the end.

Our 3s weren't falling to often but we made enough.

Central couldn't make a free throw to save their life. I think they went like 4-15 from the line.

Weisbrod is a beast! He had yet another great game.

Lastly, this was a much closer score than the final indicated but free-throws in the end helped us  pull it out. Should be another great one at Central! 4-0! 10 more to go!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game from Ned. Defense won this game for Big Ned. Curious to see the shooting percentage for Central. I would guess around 30%? Nederland was all over them the entire game. C. Smith seemed frustrated, and had trouble getting an open look. When he did, he was off. Late in the game, he had a break away for a dunk, but Colton Kimler blocked it from behind. He must have said something to Kimler, bc he got a tech, and Kimler said something back, and he got a tech.

The quick start from J. Lormier helped with some confidence after hitting back to back 3s in the 1st minute. After Ned was up 18-7, Nederland shot about 4 or 5 air balls in a row from 3 land. Not sure what was going
on?  ???

Again, Ned's defense was the key to the W, IMO. Being able to run time off the clock in the 4th without turning it over was huge too. Jamier Rodgers had a lot to do with that. Tonight was one of his best games of the year, IMO. He played smart and took care of the ball. At 5'10, maybe 5'11", he can get up! He won the jump at the beginning of the game, and he normally does.

Dunk count- 0 (lots of lay-ups though)  ;)
Mid range jump shots- not many  ???
2 handed chest passes-couldn't keep track  ;D

[quote name="Nedball4" post="1157738" timestamp="1326254495"]
It blows me away that 5 years ago teams like central or ozen would walk into that gym to play nederland and not have one doubt in their minds that they were about to dominate them. How things have changed. You can't say enough about coach e. He is a miracle man.
[/quote]Totally agree

First time to see Ned this year. Very impressed with the coaching! The wide open looks (3's) to start the game off fast made me question why Central started and stayed in the zone almost the whole game. Central has more talent, but the coaching, hustle, and team play of Ned is gonna make them hard to beat! Will be interesting to see what adjustments Coach Lee makes for the next match-up.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1157766" timestamp="1326256438"]
[quote author=Nedball4 link=topic=93957.msg1157738#msg1157738 date=1326254495]
It blows me away that 5 years ago teams like central or ozen would walk into that gym to play nederland and not have one doubt in their minds that they were about to dominate them. How things have changed. You can't say enough about coach e. He is a miracle man.
[/quote]Totally agree
[/quote]
Ditto!

[quote name="raider44" post="1157769" timestamp="1326256549"]
First time to see Ned this year. Very impressed with the coaching! The wide open looks (3's) to start the game off fast made me question why Central started and stayed in the zone almost the whole game. Central has more talent, but the coaching, hustle, and team play of Ned is gonna make them hard to beat! Will be interesting to see what adjustments Coach Lee makes for the next match-up.
[/quote]
Central played 5 different defenses:

(1)They started with a triangle-in-two: Man on Weisbrod, man on English, and the other three played zone. After Lormier hit those 3s in the beginning, they went to (2)man.
Then English scored 7 or 8 quick points, so they went to a (3)box-in-one on English for the remainder of the half.
They started with that in the 3rd.
Then for about 5-6 min in the 3rd, Central played a (4) 1-3-1 zone, then back to the box-in-one on English again.
Central (5)pressed for most of the 2nd half, but i don't think Ned had any
TOs during that time.
Then they played man again a little at the end.

When you have as many weapons as Nederland has, it's hard to find a defense to beat them. HJ's press was intense for Nederland in the 2nd game of the year. Since then, Ned has not had trouble with breaking the press. I give credit to HJ bc they are so good at what they do, and I believe that Ned was just not ready for it, being the 2nd game of the year.

Not sure why you think Central is more talented though?  ??? Didn't look like it tonight!

This game is exactly how i thought it would be.  Nederland started out hot at the begining of the game.  We made adjustments and ended up back in the game.  Ended the half playing great defense to only see Nederland make a flip up 3.  The gAme continued to remain clase until a series of key rebounds by Nederland after free throws game them maybe 6 or 7 straight points.  Now, in the 4th period, i have no idea why we went back to the zone.  I also dont know why we called off the pressure.  We used this to get back in the game.  I also dont know why we dont have set plays out of timouts or set plays at all.  We have to be able to get buckets or get open looks for buckets.  I would say we were outcoached, but this is not the case.  We forgot how to make baskets in the 4th and Nederland played their best ball and executed their game plan in this period.  Props to them.  We look forward to paying them back in the next meeting at Central. 

The officiating was trash, but i cant complain because it was trash on bpth ends.

Dunk count was at 0, but there were some key plays on dunk attempts.  K Smith got his dunk attempt blocked from behind and #21 for Nederland got his dunk blocked by our shortest man, a 5'6" freshmen on a breakaway dunk.  Lets rebound Friday, Jags, get better and get those bulldogs next time. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157787" timestamp="1326257819"]
This game is exactly how i thought it would be.  Nederland started out hot at the begining of the game.  We made adjustments and ended up back in the game.  Ended the half playing great defense to only see Nederland make a flip up 3.  The gAme continued to remain clase until a series of key rebounds by Nederland after free throws game them maybe 6 or 7 straight points.  Now, in the 4th period, i have no idea why we went back to the zone. [b] I also dont know why we called off the pressure[/b].  We used this to get back in the game.  I also dont know why we dont have set plays out of timouts or set plays at all.  We have to be able to get buckets or get open looks for buckets.  I would say we
were outcoached, but this is not the case.  We forgot how to make baskets in the 4th and Nederland played their best ball and executed their game plan in this period.  Props to them.  We look forward to paying them back in the next meeting at Central. 

The officiating was trash, but i cant complain because it was trash on bpth ends.

Dunk count was at 0, but there were some key plays on dunk attempts.  K Smith got his dunk attempt blocked from behind and #21 for Nederland got his dunk blocked by our shortest man, a 5'6" freshmen on
a breakaway dunk.  Lets rebound Friday, Jags, get better and get those bulldogs next time.
[/quote]
I'm guessing he stopped the pressure, because it wasn't effective, and it led to some easy buckets for Ned.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157787" timestamp="1326257819"]
This game is exactly how i thought it would be.  Nederland started out hot at the begining of the game.  We made adjustments and ended up back in the game.  Ended the half playing great defense to only see Nederland make a flip up 3.  The gAme continued to remain clase until a series of key rebounds by Nederland after free throws game them maybe 6 or 7 straight points.  Now, in the 4th period, i have no idea why we went back to the zone.  I also dont know why we called off the pressure.  We used this to get back in the game.  I also dont know why we dont have set plays out of timouts or set plays at all.  We have to be able to
get buckets or get open looks for buckets.  I would say we were outcoached, but this is not the case.  We forgot how to make baskets in the 4th and Nederland played their best ball and executed their game plan in this period.  Props to them.  We look forward to paying them back in the next meeting at Central. 

Dunk count was at 0, but there were some key plays on dunk attempts. 
K Smith got his dunk attempt blocked from behind [b]and #21 for Nederland got his dunk blocked by our shortest man, a 5'6" freshmen on a breakaway dunk[/b].  Lets rebound Friday, Jags, get better and get those bulldogs next time.
[/quote]

Christian Smith blocked his attempted dunk. I just watched the replay on the news.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157792" timestamp="1326258063"]
Im confident that we have it in us to beat Nederland since we've done it already this year.  We'll regroup and get it together for the next meeting.  8) 8)
[/quote]
Home court advantage always plays a big role in games like this. I'm guessing the next meeting will be intense!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1157799" timestamp="1326258325"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93957.msg1157787#msg1157787 date=1326257819]
This game is exactly how i thought it would be.  Nederland started out hot at the begining of the game.  We made adjustments and ended up back in the game.  Ended the half playing great defense to only see Nederland make a flip up 3.  The gAme continued to remain clase until a series of key rebounds by Nederland after free throws game them maybe 6 or 7 straight points.  Now, in the 4th period, i have no idea why we went back to the zone. [b] I also dont know why we called off the pressure[/b].  We used this to get back in the game.  I also dont know why we dont have set plays out of timouts or set plays at all.  We have to be able to get buckets or get open looks for buckets.  I would say we
were outcoached, but this is not the case.  We forgot how to make baskets in the 4th and Nederland played their best ball and executed their game plan in this period.  Props to them.  We look forward to paying them back in the next meeting at Central. 

Dunk count was at 0, but there were some key plays on dunk attempts.  K Smith got his dunk attempt blocked from behind and #21 for Nederland got his dunk blocked by our shortest man, a 5'6" freshmen on
a breakaway dunk.  Lets rebound Friday, Jags, get better and get those bulldogs next time.
[/quote]
I'm guessing he stopped the pressure, because it wasn't effective, and it led to some easy buckets for Ned.
[/quote]It was effective.  It lead to some consecutive turnovers.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1157804" timestamp="1326258615"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93957.msg1157792#msg1157792 date=1326258063]
Im confident that we have it in us to beat Nederland since we've done it already this year.  We'll regroup and get it together for the next meeting.  8) 8)
[/quote]
Home court advantage always plays a big role in games like this. I'm guessing the next meeting will be intense!
[/quote]It will be.  We should be on another big winning streak when we play again.  I cant wait.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157805" timestamp="1326258647"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=93957.msg1157799#msg1157799 date=1326258325]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93957.msg1157787#msg1157787 date=1326257819]
This game is exactly how i thought it would be.  Nederland started out hot at the begining of the game.  We made adjustments and ended up back in the game.  Ended the half playing great defense to only see Nederland make a flip up 3.  The gAme continued to remain clase until a series of key rebounds by Nederland after free throws game them maybe
6 or 7 straight points.  Now, in the 4th period, i have no idea why we went back to the zone. [b] I also dont know why we called off the pressure[/b].  We used this to get back in the game.  I also dont know why we dont have set plays out of timouts or set plays at all.  We have to be able to get buckets or get open looks for buckets.  I would say we
were outcoached, but this is not the case.  We forgot how to make baskets in the 4th and Nederland played their best ball and executed
their game plan in this period.  Props to them.  We look forward to paying them back in the next meeting at Central. 

[/quote]
[/quote]It was effective.  It lead to some consecutive turnovers.
[/quote]

I don't recall consecutive TOs in the 2nd half that led to buckets for Central. It happened once in the 2nd Q, but not the 2nd half. If you get
3 TOs from pressure that leads to 6 points, but give up 4 easy buckets for 8 points by the other team breaking your press, that's not effective.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157806" timestamp="1326258773"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=93957.msg1157804#msg1157804 date=1326258615]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93957.msg1157792#msg1157792 date=1326258063]
[/quote]
Home court advantage always plays a big role in games like this. I'm
guessing the next meeting will be intense!
[/quote]It will be.  We should be on another big winning streak when we play again.  I cant wait.
[/quote]
It will be that much more exciting if y'all are 10-1 (with 7 cons Ws) and we are (11-0). I know we are getting ahead of ourselves, but we are spectators, not players!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476