#2 BMT. CENTRAL @ #2 NEDERLAND Broadcast/NEDERLAND WINS 51-34!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="1157705" timestamp="1326252726"]
How many did Weisbrod have?  There was an earlier conversation in another thread where the Central contingent felt they would contain Weisbrod and I disputed that.
[/quote]

Weisbrod finished with 13 points.

26% of Nederland's points. Pretty good Nash. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1157821" timestamp="1326260966"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=93957.msg1157705#msg1157705 date=1326252726]
How many did Weisbrod have?  There was an earlier conversation in another thread where the Central contingent felt they would contain Weisbrod and I disputed that.
[/quote]

Weisbrod finished with 13 points.

26% of Nederland's points. Pretty good Nash. ;)
[/quote]
Didn't seem like he shot many times either. Mostly due to Nederland controlling the game by slowing down on offense in the 2nd half. After 18 1st Q points, Ned scored 33in the last 3Qs. But Central only scored 13 in the 2nd half, so it didn't matter.
According to the BE article, English finished with 13 also, and Lormier scored 11.

Score by quarters

1        2          3            4          tot
Central                10      11          8            5            34
Nederland            18      6            9          18            51

FT %

Central      5/14      36%
Nederland  15/26      58%

3 point %

Central        3/20      15%
Nederland    6/20        30%

rebounds

Central            29
Nederland        42

turnovers

Central            22
Nederland        18

Individual scoring

Central

Garrison Mitchell          9
Kristian Smith              8
Tobias Traylor              4
Chris Ellis                    4
Andrew Wells              3
Jacory Guillory              3
Ja'Keal Lockett            3

Nederland

Zach English                13
Colton Weisbrod          13
Jared Lorimier              11
Jamier Rogers                4
Jayson Lubera                4
Kirby Hanley                  2
Colton Kimler                2
Shawn Washington        2

The 4th quarter was the doom for Central. Down 33-29 to start the 4th, Central did not score a point until there was 3 minutes left in the game (2 free throws). Central made the first and only FG with 8 seconds left in game when Guillory hit the 3 pointer.

Nederland's defense was awesome and their rebounding was top notch.

Coach English did a fantastic job coaching up his team tonight. Great job. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1157898" timestamp="1326290192"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93957.msg1157889#msg1157889 date=1326289541]
Good points. Players gotta execute. And obviously Nederland players were better prepared mentally for this game.
[/quote]

Dove- Please join me in offering the congratulations to Nederland that they so richly deserve.
[/quote]You know me. I'm with the winning side ;D Go Nederland...yeah-hhhhhh!

Nederland deserve all the credit. 

Another point of the game that I failed to mention. Within 2 minutes, when do we realize that you have to foul and you can't let them play keep away.  There were a lot of times where J. Rogers from Nederland had the ball late.  You foul him as it appears that he  is the worst of the starting Nederland free throw shooters (or foul SOMEBODY for that matter).  I assume that our staff didn't see that we were losing by double digits with under 2 minutes left.  How could that have been missed?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157907" timestamp="1326290535"]
Nederland deserve all the credit. 

Another point of the game that I failed to mention. Within 2 minutes, when do we realize that you have to foul and you can't let them play keep away.  There were a lot of times where J. Rogers from Nederland had the ball late.  You foul him as it appears that he  is the worst of the starting Nederland free throw shooters (or foul SOMEBODY for that matter).  I assume that our staff didn't see that we were losing by double digits with under 2 minutes left.  How could that have been missed?
[/quote]
I was wondering that too. I was sitting next to a few Central supporters, and they were asking the same thing. Seems like the coach just gave up with plenty of time for something to happen.

This was actually a very good game untill the 4th.  The wheels came off and Nederland rose to the challenge and put us away when it counted.  We know we can play with Nederland.  We need to work on some things in the 4th period.  We've lost many games this year due to no execution in the 4th.  I still say that you need your best players (G. Mitchell and K. Smith) to be in the best positions to do damage on set plays.  Smith is a good 3 point shooter.  Get him an open 3 point look off an off the ball screen. If they play it too tight, he'll drive in and finish at the cup.    Get Mitchell a good look off a quick curl for a midrange jumper.  If they overpersue, he can also finish at the cup in traffic.  If we want to beat Nederland in the second meeting and make a nice playoff run, these are things that we need to work on for the next few weeks, IMO.

Also, too any Central players either out of position or just plain standing around while the Nederland players were crashing the boards. In the 4th quarter, Central had 1 offensive rebound while Nederland had 8 offensive boards.

Nederland's defense in the 4th Q caused panic amongst the Jags. When their shots wouldn't fall, Central became very impatient with the offense and just would run down the floor and jack up a shot with no ball movement or allowing teammates to be in a position to rebound.

Central panicked in a situation that wasn't that dire. Down only 4 to start the 4th, down only 7 with over 4 minutes left, never should the team played in panic mode. Then when it was panic time (under 2 minutes to play) it seemed they were content on losing the game by not fouling quicker and often so that they could possibly get more possessions in those last 2 minutes. Nederland "was allowed" to dribble a lot of time off the clock in those last 3 minutes of the game.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1157904" timestamp="1326290390"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=93957.msg1157898#msg1157898 date=1326290192]
Good points. Players gotta execute. And obviously Nederland players were better prepared mentally for this game.
[/quote]

Dove- Please join me in offering the congratulations to Nederland that they so richly deserve.
[/quote]Except when HJ is the winning side, eh?

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1157952" timestamp="1326294542"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93957.msg1157904#msg1157904 date=1326290390]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=93957.msg1157898#msg1157898 date=1326290192]
[/quote]

[/quote]Except when HJ is the winning side, eh?
[/quote]I boast about HJ in *private* to Nash. Yall have enough people supporting HJ ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157916" timestamp="1326291220"]
This was actually a very good game untill the 4th.  The wheels came off and Nederland rose to the challenge and put us away when it counted.  We know we can play with Nederland.  We need to work on some things in the 4th period.  We've lost many games this year due to no execution in the 4th.  I still say that you need your best players (G. Mitchell and K. Smith) to be in the best positions to do damage on set plays.  Smith is a good 3 point shooter.  Get him an open 3 point look off an off the ball screen. If they play it too tight, he'll drive in and finish at the cup.    Get Mitchell a good look off a quick curl for a midrange jumper.  If they overpersue, he can also finish at the cup in traffic.  If we want to beat Nederland in the second meeting and make a nice playoff run, these are things that we need to work on for the next few weeks, IMO.
[/quote]

As a Nederland graduate from 20 or so years ago, it still shocks me what Brian English has done here.  I never thought I would see the day when Central would be talking about being able to compete with Nederland and hopefully beating them in the next game.  Huge reversal of fortune.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1157972" timestamp="1326297135"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93957.msg1157916#msg1157916 date=1326291220]
[/quote]

As a Nederland graduate from 20 or so years ago, it still shocks me what Brian English has done here.  I never thought I would see the day when Central would be talking about being able to compete with Nederland and hopefully beating them in the next game.  Huge reversal of fortune.
[/quote]Yes.  True.  He did it at Vidor and he is doing it here.  I gave you guys heck the last 2 years stating that the players are good as you have the Cunningham, Forney, Smith 3 headed monster.  Now, this team is getting it done by better coaching since this team isn't near as talented as last year's team.  English have had my respect for several years now. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1157916" timestamp="1326291220"]
[/quote] Soulja u have talk about this before would a new head coach make it better @ Central lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476