**HARDIN-JEFFERSON at PORT NECHES-GROVES BROADCAST**HJ WINS 67-41

Lazeek

[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1146137" timestamp="1323878460"]
I love the HJ haters.  Here is the deal.  They are as good this year as they have been in awhile.  More athletic for sure.  They do it every year.  (That's program)  No one can say for sure but I will speculate like the rest.  HJ is in Austin this year and will contend in the finals for a another State Championship.  Deal with it.  If you don't like it, get a team, coach them, put HJ on the schedule and beat them.  Then talk.  Some of you should practice the old saying-"tis better to keep quiet and let peole think you are stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt". 
    In summary, some of you know who I am.  If you do, you know I am not a HJ band wagoneer.  I am not an HJ guy.  Quite the contrary, I tried my hand at beating then quite a few times.  Very seldom succesful.  I know a good team when I see it.  HJ is good. 
Period.
[/quote]

8) 8) 8)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the HJ haters.  Here is the deal.  They are as good this year as they have been in awhile.  More athletic for sure.  They do it every year.  (That's program)  No one can say for sure but I will speculate like the rest.  HJ is in Austin this year and will contend in the finals for a another State Championship.  Deal with it.  [b]If you don't like it, get a team, coach them, put HJ on the schedule and beat them.  Then talk.  [/b] Some of you should practice the old saying-"tis better to keep quiet and let peole think you are stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt". 
    In summary, some of you know who I am.  If you do, you know I am not a HJ band wagoneer.  I am not an HJ guy.  Quite the contrary, I tried my hand at beating then quite a few times.  Very seldom succesful.  I know a good team when I see it.  HJ is good. 
Period.
[/quote]

Not necessary. I'll leave that up to my Silsbee Tigers. I like their chances.

I love the HJ haters.  Here is the deal.  They are as good this year as they have been in awhile.  More athletic for sure.  They do it every year.  (That's program)  No one can say for sure but I will speculate like the rest.  HJ is in Austin this year and will contend in the finals for a another State Championship.  Deal with it.  If you don't like it, get a team, coach them, put HJ on the schedule and beat them.  Then talk.  Some of you should practice the old saying-"tis better to keep quiet and let peole think you are stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt". 
Period.
[/quote] Really! Silsbee is prepared to change those sentiments this year. It's our year and HJ ain't stopping us. Can't wait till we meet yall in district  ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1145914" timestamp="1323835262"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=92998.msg1145910#msg1145910 date=1323835084]
#10 from HJ should have many dunks in a game. He stands at half court the whole game. HJ has had alot better teams in the past. PNG is just bad.
[/quote]

::) ::) ::)

This shows what you know.  He is the lead on the press.  Usually if a steal is created, the lead on the press is the benefactor!!!!! 

I thought PNG played really well in the 4th.  If they had done that for 4 quarters it might have been a game.  Instead of scoring 22 points on HJ's bench.  ;)

And as far as HJ having better teams in the past..... ::) ::) ::)

Sometimes you play to the level of the competition!!!!
[/quote]

Lazeek, you beat me to it. Basketball ignorance at its finest!  How about that pass that turned into an ally?  :D

[quote name="WinnieThePooh" post="1146192" timestamp="1323882224"]
Also I want to ask any PNG fan why there were only around 100 people there? Aren't yall crowned and praised for support of all athletic programs? HJ brought just as many fans. IMO
[/quote]

HJ had almost twice as many fans!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1146197" timestamp="1323882440"]
[quote author=WinnieThePooh link=topic=92998.msg1146192#msg1146192 date=1323882224]
Also I want to ask any PNG fan why there were only around 100 people there? Aren't yall crowned and praised for support of all athletic programs? HJ brought just as many fans. IMO
[/quote]

HJ had almost twice as many fans!!!!
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't want to be wrong about that but that is what I figured. I mean  you go from how many 5000 in football to 100 in basketball?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1146147" timestamp="1323878765"]
[quote author=setxbbfan link=topic=92998.msg1146137#msg1146137 date=1323878460]
Period.
[/quote] Really! Silsbee is prepared to change those sentiments this year. It's our year and HJ ain't stopping us. Can't wait till we meet yall in district  ;D
[/quote]

Oh, Dove, you never cease to amaze me. So is it HF, Ozen, or Silsbee? I can't seem to figure out who you support, nor why you support them. I understand if your kids go there, but with all the moves, who knows where they are!!!  ::) Why exactly don't you support HJ??? Why Silsbee? I really am curious!!!

[quote name="HJ2012" post="1146219" timestamp="1323883727"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92998.msg1146147#msg1146147 date=1323878765]
Period.
[/quote]

Oh, Dove, you never cease to amaze me. So is it HF, Ozen, or Silsbee? I can't seem to figure out who you support, nor why you support them. I understand if your kids go there, but with all the moves, who knows where they are!!!  ::) Why exactly don't you support HJ??? Why Silsbee? I really am curious!!!
[/quote] C'mon HJ, Silsbee actually think it has a chance against us this year. We did it last year and we'll do it again this year. Can't wait till district to show up Silsbee ;)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="HJ2012" post="1146219" timestamp="1323883727"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92998.msg1146147#msg1146147 date=1323878765]
Period.
[/quote]

[/quote]
I, too, wonder why Dove is touting Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson.  It really makes me nervous and I wish he wouldn't do it.  I also think along with you "bbfan" that the Hawks, barring any serious injuries or other disrupting forces like a grades issue, will win District 21-3A, will win the Region III championship and will be at the state tournament.  I'm not yet ready to hand them the State Championship - need to see how some of the teams in the other regions develop over the season. 8)

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1146236" timestamp="1323884808"]
Yeah i agree.....don't see them losing until MAYBE the state tournament....

all depends on grades, injuries, and any dumbfounded mistakes a player can make.

When someone tells me that this is the best team he's coached....
[/quote]

This isn't the best team Todd has coached at HJ.  Remember he was an assistant on the 91' team  ;)

[quote name="TigerBait2011" post="1146238" timestamp="1323884897"]
Tigers spank the hawks. 

TigerBait
[/quote]

OK tigerbaked, there is no doubt, Silsbee has had the edge in the last few years, and they have won more than they have lost to HJ, This year I do feel as though it will change, In no way am I predicting a blowout. Anytime these two teams step on the court it will be a battle.

The Silsbee and Hardin-Jefferson games are probably the best rivalries in this area. Two of the top teams battling not only for the district championship, but bragging rights for one year. Here you have the top coaches in the area on both sides of the court. Some of the best assistants in the area . Matching game *wits* against each other. Its a storybook tale in the making. The big game where one dreams of hitting the winning shot as the buzzer goes off. Fans rushing to the court with jubilation. Now who would not wanna be a part of this chapter. It's what dreams are made of....  ;)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="1146322" timestamp="1323893626"]
[quote author=TigerBait2011 link=topic=92998.msg1146238#msg1146238 date=1323884897]
Tigers spank the hawks. 

TigerBait
[/quote]

OK tigerbaked, there is no doubt, Silsbee has had the edge in the last few years, and they have won more than they have lost to HJ, This year I do feel as though it will change, In no way am I predicting a blowout. Anytime these two teams step on the court it will be a battle.
[/quote]

Like they say, if things go right for one team and bad for the other any team can win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476