21-3A All-District Team

WOSgrad

How does Joe Person from HJ not make 1st Team Offense? Who voted on this crap? 2nd team All District as a Soph, 1st Team All District as a Junior, and second team defense as a Senior? Only kid on the whole field going 100 mph till the whistle and not even mentioned on Offense.... Thats crazy... Whoever voted on this should be ashamed of themselves...

[quote name="GunsBaseball" post="1140354" timestamp="1323123192"]
How does Joe Person from HJ not make 1st Team Offense? Who voted on this crap? 2nd team All District as a Soph, 1st Team All District as a Junior, and second team defense as a Senior? Only kid on the whole field going 100 mph till the whistle and not even mentioned on Offense.... Thats crazy... Whoever voted on this should be ashamed of themselves...
[/quote]
Agreed, it is ridiculous. I heard he got shanghaied by some people who didn't like his aggressive play style. Or was it by people who didn't like that he took it to their players?

Yeah, I was being sarcastic... Its still a shame. I heard that also about a coach saying he plays dirty but I was at every game and never saw Joe get a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. I did see him play till the whistle blew and kids get mad and try to fight him but never did I see Joe throw a punch or get ejected... As a matter of fact the only play I saw that looked dirty to me was when HJ played Bridge City and Bridge City had a player ejected for a massive helmet to helmet hit on a defensless HJ reciever. I wonder if that kid made 1st team?

Guest jettyman
He is my ANSWER, there were (4) 21-3a coaches conspired against my son with the BC head coach being the spokes person.  Here is his quote paraphrased which was stated in the meeting, "He plays too much after the whistle." I use the word conspired because what I've been told it seemed the coaches actions were predetermined. FACT, my son has committed 3 personal fouls in his entire varsity career, no ejections nor has he ever been involved in a on the field fight.  I will end by saying this, " people who live in glass house should not throw rocks."  I say this because the ones who judged my son are not perfect by no means. I am an active teacher and retired coach for the past 25 years.  I personally know and talk to several of the folks who were responsible for this outcome. Not once have I ever been told by any of them that my son plays dirty. Everything stated here was passed on to me by someone who was in the meeting, therefore, this information is not hear say.  Check your sources Mike, I am sure you will find my story to accurate ,if not, then I was misinformed.

[quote name="jettyman" post="1140597" timestamp="1323180200"]
He is my ANSWER, there were (4) 21-3a coaches conspired against my son with the BC head coach being the spokes person.  Here is his quote paraphrased which was stated in the meeting, "He plays too much after the whistle." I use the word conspired because what I've been told my it seemed the coaches actions were predetermined. FACT, my son has occurred 3 personal fouls in his entire varsity career, no ejections nor has he ever been involved in a on the field fight. If the coaches that were involved wanted to hurt my son they accomplished their objective but we have moved on. In the end I think he will come out of this a better person. I will end by saying this, " people who live in glass house should not throw rocks."  I say this because the ones who judged my son are not perfect by no means. I have been active teacher and retired coach for the past 25 years and I personally know and talk to several of the folks who were responsible for this outcome. Not once have I ever been told by any of them that my son plays dirty. Everything stated here was passed on to me by someone who was in the meeting, therefore, this information is not hear say.  Check your sources Mike, I am sure you will find my story to accurate if not then I was misinformed.
[/quote]
I take it daddys upset his son wasn't picked for all district? haha what does it even matter? he's going to college to play football, isn't this all a bit irrelevant? Its just an all district pick...

[quote name="stigers12" post="1140720" timestamp="1323192538"]
[quote author=jettyman link=topic=92672.msg1140597#msg1140597 date=1323180200]
He is my ANSWER, there were (4) 21-3a coaches conspired against my son with the BC head coach being the spokes person.  Here is his quote paraphrased which was stated in the meeting, "He plays too much after the whistle." I use the word conspired because what I've been told my it seemed the coaches actions were predetermined. FACT, my son has occurred 3 personal fouls in his entire varsity career, no ejections nor has he ever been involved in a on the field fight. If the coaches that were involved wanted to hurt my son they accomplished their objective but we have moved on. In the end I think he will come out of this a better person. I will end by saying this, " people who live in glass house should not throw rocks."  I say this because the ones who judged my son are not perfect by no means. I have been active teacher and retired coach for the past 25 years and I personally know and talk to several of the folks who were responsible for this outcome. Not once have I ever been told by any of them that my son plays dirty. Everything stated here was passed on to me by someone who was in the meeting, therefore, this information is not hear say.  Check your sources Mike, I am sure you will find my story to accurate if not then I was misinformed.
[/quote]
I take it daddys upset his son wasn't picked for all district? haha what does it even matter? he's going to college to play football, isn't this all a bit irrelevant? Its just an all district pick...
[/quote]
But it matters to the kid. He worked hard to earn the accolades and deserves them. It doesn't matter if he is going to play college ball or not. He felt he deserved the honor and is most likely upset about it. If it was your kid in the same situation, I'm sure you'd feel the same way.

Or, you can let the powers that be know you are on to their political crap and hopefully next time they will do the right thing and go ahead and reward the child for his hard work and determination instead of screw him... Especially a team surrounded with so much negativity, one of the few bright spots should have been rewarded for that...

Its not only there,its everywhere. It should be awarded by stats. Thats the only fair way, the system is flawed. My daughter in Coldspring Softball several years ago had a better batting avg., most doubles, most triples, least amount of strike-outs, least amount of errors, and most stolen bases out of the whole district at short-stop and was passed over becasue we was 4th place in district. The two girls that was awarded was on the 1st place team and 2nd place team, and their Coaches demanded the spots because of their team placement. Coaches buy and sell spots to get the picks they want to the kids they want. If your lucky you have a "just" Coach on this issue. I agree its is a lesson, no matter how hard you work, politics rule (same as life). U.I.L. is the only ones that can change the system.

Just curious to know how many of those that made the All District team are going on to play College ball? If an athlete is good enough for the next level, then why isn't he even [b]considered[/b]? It is a shame (although a reality) that things get political. Persohn was on a team with 1 win, yet he played hard every down. Should he have just given up and accepted defeat because of this record or get fired up and play hard? Playing dirty and playing with intensity are two totally different things. It seems like a bad excuse when someone that is ejected gets the All District recognition (not saying it wasn't deserved) but if that is the excuse for one - then keep it that way across the district.

I am also curious on the selection process. I spoke with several HJ players this past weekend. They said that several of the boys chosen never played, or played very little, the positions in which they made all-district. They also said that one of their players led the district in total tackles for 9 weeks but yet was never mentioned. If true, how does this work?

[quote name="Arrow15" post="1141463" timestamp="1323271953"]
I am also curious on the selection process. I spoke with several HJ players this past weekend. They said that several of the boys chosen never played, or played very little, the positions in which they made all-district. They also said that one of their players led the district in total tackles for 9 weeks but yet was never mentioned. If true, how does this work?
[/quote]

I don't know if this will answer all of your questions but 21-3A doesn't play district football for 9 weeks.  There are 6 teams in the district, therefore each team plays 5 district games.  The only stats that count are the stats recorded in the district games. 

You can only have so many on the team.  How many of the players at his position was he better than?
Since you are talking about tackles, I assume this is strictly about defense.  remember, he probably played the full 4 quarters while most of the others for the remaining teams didn't in lopsided games.  Could be a reason for more tackles.?

Hold on... Your telling me that someone on HJ's team was the #2 tackler in the district? I went to every game, my son started on defense and I cant see where we had anyone close to that... Someone is padding stats or I guess it could be because we never had the ball. All those 3-outs... Where are these stats officially logged? I'm curious to see how accurate that is... I know for a fact the ones on maxprepps are totally wrong. I watched every game and studied every game film with my son and those stats are'nt even close to being right.