Hamshire-Fannett Coach DeCello out???

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1143434" timestamp="1323493585"]
Not sure how anyone can say that a coach is the "best coach a school has ever had" if he only coached 5 games.

I agree about Kenner!!!!!
[/quote]  I will say it again he the best coach HF has every had. I see u dont no anything about DeCello.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1144309" timestamp="1323624783"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=92671.msg1143434#msg1143434 date=1323493585]
Not sure how anyone can say that a coach is the "best coach a school has ever had" if he only coached 5 games.

[/quote]  I will say it again he the best coach HF has every had. I see u dont no anything about DeCello.
[/quote]LOL! Da CATMAN has spoken!

If he had brought them to a regional final I would listen to that argument but unfortunately, we'll never really know if he could have been the "best" coach they ever had. As it stands now, keener is the top guy to date that I can think of.

I will say though that he seems to have set a good foundation that can be built off of.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1144309" timestamp="1323624783"]

[/quote]

Hard to be the best coach seeing as he only coached about 5 games!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1144522" timestamp="1323653707"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=92671.msg1144309#msg1144309 date=1323624783]

[/quote]

[/quote] I dont care if he only coach 1 game he is still the best coach that HF has every had.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1144757" timestamp="1323665281"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=92671.msg1144522#msg1144522 date=1323653707]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=92671.msg1144309#msg1144309 date=1323624783]

[/quote]

[/quote] I dont care if he only coach 1 game he is still the best coach that HF has every had.
[/quote]

He may make good decisions on the court, but..........

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1144820" timestamp="1323696992"]
Just asking but why is Kenner considered the best basketball coach HF has had?
[/quote]
Jeff Keener is a good coach....don't know if he was the BEST coach that HF ever had. But I do think that the bar had been set pretty low by Parr.

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1144853" timestamp="1323699981"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=92671.msg1144847#msg1144847 date=1323699774]
Was he the coach in the early 2000s that took HF really far?
[/quote]
Yes, he was the driver that took (transported) the team to some successful seasons.
[/quote] ;D So, you're suggesting he had so much talent on that team that all he had to do was make sure the players showed up?  ;D Another question! Did HF [size=14pt][color=red]DEFEAT[/color][/size] HJ and win district that one year, or was it several years of winning for HF?

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1144820" timestamp="1323696992"]
[/quote]

He had a good group of athletes and he made the region finals and lost to Kountze. That's as far as they've been as far as I know unless there's some before my time I don't know about. He had good success. Isn't that what was talked about? "just win baby" If that constitutes te best coach, then he's the best. But even more than that, I know that he ran summer basketball camps that I attended back then and pretty sure he had an open gym policy...

[quote name="horndawg" post="1144869" timestamp="1323701811"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=92671.msg1144820#msg1144820 date=1323696992]
[/quote]

He had a good group of athletes and he made the region finals and lost to Kountze. That's as far as they've been as far as I know unless there's some before my time I don't know about. He had good success. Isn't that what was talked about? "just win baby" If that constitutes te best coach, then he's the best. But even more than that, I know that he ran summer basketball camps that I attended back then and pretty sure he had an open gym policy...
[/quote]Regionals? "just win baby" attitude? summer camps? open gym policy? Sounds good. DeCello (I'm getting back on topic for mods) definitely had 3 of those listed above in his favor.

Those are some of the qualities I've seen people talk about and Keener had those, so I was simply pointing that out. Plus he had the wins to go along with it. I'm not saying DiCello couldn't have been that, he just didn't have enough time, unfortunately, to be considered the best. I don't have a problem giving credit where it's due, but a realist as well and as Lazeek said, 5 games wasn't nearly enough. But what's done is done and I hope nothing but the best for the kids playing. Hope they can fight through all this and get themselves a playoff spot.

[quote name="horndawg" post="1144881" timestamp="1323703544"]
Those are some of the qualities I've seen people talk about and Keener had those, so I was simply pointing that out. Plus he had the wins to go along with it. I'm not saying DiCello couldn't have been that, he just didn't have enough time, unfortunately, to be considered the best. I don't have a problem giving credit where it's due, but a realist as well and as Lazeek said, 5 games wasn't nearly enough. But what's done is done and I hope nothing but the best for the kids playing. Hope they can fight through all this and get themselves a playoff spot.
[/quote]I really appreciate the info. I had no idea HF had gone that far. I knew they had a playoff run in early 2000's.

[quote name="12gage" post="1144870" timestamp="1323701858"]
as far as the bar "being set really low" with parr . i will bet he had more playoff games than any bb coach in hf history , check your facts before you mouth off
[/quote]
With that rant I can rest assured that you don't know why he left for Burleson ISD in a cloud of dust.

Guest speechless
Lets get some facts straight here:

-HF lost to Kountze in the Regional QUARTER Final....not Regional Final (they were in same district that year....HF finished 3rd and Kountze won it)

-HF did not win district when HJ was in it.....they split games but, HF lost another district game and HJ won the district title that year (not the same year as HF lost to Kountze)

-And Jeff Keener is one heckuva coach

[quote name="ST413" post="1145046" timestamp="1323716060"]
Ok from my point of view it doesnt matter how long one coached at a school to be considered the best. For example, if Phil Jackson came and  coached HF for one game wouldnt he still be the best coach HF ever had just not the most  successful at HF?
[/quote]No, he would be the best coach who happened to coach at HF.

The Best Coach HF ever had, is the coach who was able to have the most success with the Longhorns.

[quote name="ST413" post="1145046" timestamp="1323716060"]
Ok from my point of view it doesnt matter how long one coached at a school to be considered the best. For example, if Phil Jackson came and  coached HF for one game wouldnt he still be the best coach HF ever had just not the most  successful at HF?
[/quote] that is very true does anyone know how coach decello had done before coming to hf

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476