VIDOR VS. ANGLETON/Angleton advances 55-30!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1130749" timestamp="1322284117"]
I just responding to the dirty team talk. Angleton has never been a dirty team. They play hard and if you hit them in the mouth, they just hit back. There was only 2 PF called tonight, so I thought it was just a hard hitting game by both teams. If you want to say that Angleton is dirty because they just wipped Vidor's tail tonight, then I would think Vidor fans wouldn't have liked it if Vidor would have won and I came on here saying they were a dirty team. Hey, it was just kids going at it for 48 minutes and Angleton just made more plays to advance. I said that if it was a scoring fest that Angleton would win. But anyways great season by Vidor. You all have great fan support over there. :D
[/quote]
That guy that made the comment is not from Vidor so dont let others leave a bad taste in your mouth about us. You were clearly the better team and proved it. And I am going to keep saying this "SOMEBODY PLEASE BEAT LAKE TRAVIS!"

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1130784" timestamp="1322285942"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=92192.msg1130749#msg1130749 date=1322284117]
I just responding to the dirty team talk. Angleton has never been a dirty team. They play hard and if you hit them in the mouth, they just hit back. There was only 2 PF called tonight, so I thought it was just a hard hitting game by both teams. If you want to say that Angleton is dirty because they just wipped Vidor's tail tonight, then I would think Vidor fans wouldn't have liked it if Vidor would have won and I came on here saying they were a dirty team. Hey, it was just kids going at it for 48 minutes and Angleton just made more plays to advance. I said that if it was a scoring fest that Angleton would win. But anyways great season by Vidor. You all have great fan support over there. :D
[/quote]
That guy that made the comment is not from Vidor so dont let others leave a bad taste in your mouth about us. You were clearly the better team and proved it. And I am going to keep saying this "SOMEBODY PLEASE BEAT LAKE TRAVIS!"
[/quote]

Beating Lake Travis will be a hell of a feat. They are a machine. But first things first and try to win the region next week. Dawson and Nederland are 2 great programs. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing Dawson, just because they are in Brazoria county and I want a rematch from last years butt wipping they gave us in bidistrict, but Nederland would be a heck of a matchup also.

Well, It was a hard fought game for both teams and although Angleton won decisively (sp?)  tonight, I must say congrats to the Pirates' Team on a very strong showing and an excellent season! You have some really good talent, and some of the best, most hardcore, and most polite fans (not to mention LOUD ;D) that we have encountered this season. I have been at every one of our 13 games this season, and I haven't seen a better group. I could be mistaken but it sounded at one point like a lot of you (Vidor) were clapping and cheering for The Cats after the game was over. If so, It was very classy I must say. Very cool. You never know, there may be a 'round two' next Nov!

P.S. dustoff03, We hope to make it far enough to get a shot at L.T. if someone else doesn't take them out first! The team has still got a lot of work to do, but they're workin hard on it! Also, 'Cats have beaten Dawson before, and they can do it again!! OK, SO WHO'S GONNA BE NEXT!?!?!? 

Great season Pirate's, we're all very proud of you. Congrats Angleton on a good win and a hard fought game...and yes we were clapping for both teams. No. 15 from Angleton showed us why hes a D1 commit. Also a player from Angleton, after the game and shaking hands with our players, shouted "Great game Vidor. We love you." I thought that showed class and respect.

[quote name="Roughneck006" post="1130802" timestamp="1322288320"]
Great season Pirate's, we're all very proud of you. Congrats Angleton on a good win and a hard fought game...and yes we were clapping for both teams. No. 15 from Angleton showed us why hes a D1 commit. Also a player from Angleton, after the game and shaking hands with our players, shouted "Great game Vidor. We love you." I thought that showed class and respect.
[/quote]

Actually, #8 Ryan Jackson is the D1 recruit going to UH next year. #15 is Richard Cooper and he is just a junior. When teams have keyed on Jackson, Cooper has came up with some big games and tonight was another one.

As far as the Angleton kid, great sportsmanship from him after the game.

[quote name="Roughneck006" post="1130802" timestamp="1322288320"]
Great season Pirate's, we're all very proud of you. Congrats Angleton on a good win and a hard fought game...and yes [color=red]we were clapping for both teams[/color]. No. 15 from Angleton showed us why hes a D1 commit. Also a player from Angleton, after the game and shaking hands with our players, shouted "Great game Vidor. We love you." I thought that showed class and respect.
[/quote]Thank you all. I think that was really cool and I was very impressed by that. Our Team Is always expected to show that type of character and respect on and off of the field, and they all do a very good job of it. My daughter is a freshman @ TAMUCC, and she is very good friends with T.J. Austin (#12, QB) and several others who are on the team this year as well as players such as Quandre Diggs,(UT) Henry Josey,(mizzou) Rodney Hall who graduated together with her. They all are some of the most respectful upstanding young men that I have ever met and I am happy to say that I know them because they all make Angleton very proud. :) :) :).
[color=purple][size=18pt]Go Cats, GO!!!!  [/size] [/color] Also - [color=maroon][size=18pt]Go 'NECKS!!! [/size] [/color]

I was sitting on the 40 yd field house side ... and it was a hard nosed game for sure! I can say when we lost our cool in the 3rd qtr and got mad at ourselves is when we lost the game.... I will say this... 44 and 32 are very classy young men... all through the game if they made the tackle they helped our RB/QB up off the ground... and then when it was all said and done as they walked across the field in the traditional handshake line... they were patting our Pirates on the back and giving hugs.... I thought that was very classy very sportsman and totally BAD@$$! It was a great ride for the Black Pearl! and yes she will sail again next year! I will be pulling for Angleton... unless of course you run into the bulldogs... :-D gotta support my home District.... But I will back the wildcats in any other game.... I wish you the best of luck... and TAKE FREAKING LAKE TRAVIS TO SCHOOL if you meet them.... I think them pirates gave you all you wanted in the first half.... just a few miscues in 2nd half got us behind deep and quick and I think the boys had the wind knocked out of their sails for a couple of series and the wildcats capitalized on mistakes we made just like any good football team does.....

CONGRATS PIRATES ON A GREAT SEASON!!!!
CONGRATS WILDCATS ON THE WIN!!!

Vidor may of lost the game to Angleton.... but they have won the hearts and respect of southeast Texas and the Houston area !!

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1130811" timestamp="1322289480"]
Speaking of Quandre Diggs, he was on the Angleton sideline tonight wearing his Angleton jacket cheeering on his former teammates after his huge game he had Thursday night over the Aggies.
[/quote]
Huge game indeed, must have been an inspiration for the Wildcats to have a distinguished alumni like Quandre back on the sidelines.  Congratulations on the win, y'all have a bunch of offensive playmakers and an opportunistic defense to take advantage of mistakes.  Good luck from here on out.

I said it before and I will say it again, Vidor Pirates, you have no reason to hang your head, walk through the halls of your school, with your chin up and a smile on your face, because you have won a game much more complex and difficult, and that's the game of life. In this world where respect is a rare commodity, and hard to come by, you have won. Hands down you have won. Matt is smiling down on his team, knowing they gave 110% on and off the field. Your peers are still talking about what a great thing you've done, and you did it with pride, dignity, and self respect, that would make anyone proud to be associated with, and any team proud to know they stepped on the field of play, with the Vidor Pirates. The downside of this season to most of your opponents, is the fact that most of your starters will be returning, and I guarantee that every coach has you on their radar, and their chalk boards bear your names.

Good luck to your graduating Seniors, and walk proud boys, walk proud.......

Congrats Angleton...Great players at the skill positions.You did to us what we usually do to other teams..Kept our defense on the field and took advantage of our turnovers..Great football  game that was really closer than the score indicated.Angleton won it in the 3rd quarter.Again great job and I hope you win it all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012