*** OZEN vs BRENHAM ***

SgtRey

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1114562" timestamp="1321106060"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1114552#msg1114552 date=1321105831]
Cubs take this one!  Just too much firepower....
[/quote]You better contain Green ....He is one of the best High school players I have ever seen...He will upset some good teams ;)
[/quote]  What ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green is going to create problems for Brenham.  Is he going to beat them by himself?  Absolutely not.  He is an outstanding athlete with one of the best arms I've seen on a HS QB. 

The quandry is....even if you play sound fundamental football, keep your gap assignments, no blown coverages, etc. he makes a "backyard" play that you just can't plan for.  Our LBs had him dead to rights in the backfield a couple times and he was able to escape and put it on a rope 50 yards downfield (not an exaggeration). 

I guess the point of this post is....no I don't think Ozen will beat Brenham but Mr. Green will make about 4 or 5 "how in the he11 did he get out of that?" plays in this game.  Good luck to both teams, hope everyone stays healthy.

Brenham 35
Ozen      20

It will take a perfect game to hang w/Brenham def.line.Ozen w/size & speed gonna need to dbl up Malc.Brown/Tim Cole and J.Jones(a great small speedy back) will not slow down the green swarm.Ozen w/atheletes has a shot to pull it off but Trey won't get the protection to throw the long ball like he did vs BH.The short underneath stuff will work w/ good success but Ozen cannot give Brenham a short field by mistakes.Note:Keep em off balance w/counters & qb draws but the big yds will come off the edges ;)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1114670" timestamp="1321110770"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=91404.msg1114662#msg1114662 date=1321110460]
[quote author=BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN link=topic=91404.msg1114604#msg1114604 date=1321108136]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1114594#msg1114594 date=1321107734]
[quote author=BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN link=topic=91404.msg1114579#msg1114579 date=1321106754]
Does anybody know where the this game is going to be played? I was thinking Woodforest stadium.
[/quote]

Last night coach West said it will likely be @ Thorne Stadium in Aldine (where Brenham played PNG in 09'), but wasn't sure about the time & day yet.
[/quote]

THANKS. I hope its Saturday
[/quote]

[size=12pt][b]It looks like Vidor/Montgomery are playing at Thorne Friday,[/b][/size] so this game will have to be Saturday if they want that stadium.
[/quote]

He did say "likely" so it's not in stone, but it will probably be there, on Saturday.
[/quote]

Its stone... just got text from Coach Mathews and he confirmed this to be true.... Game time is 7:30pm and Montgomery will be home team...

Ozen has yet to face a six in the box threat that lurks in the land of cookies and cream. I'm being very serious in saying, the offensive line for Ozen will be overwhelmed, and Mr. Green may have escaped the rushes of Lumberton, Livingston, etc. etc. NONE of the teams on their schedule have the defensive firepower of the Ice Cream Boys.

Sorry to break it to ya...but it's going to be ugly........ Cubbies by 5 TD's

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1114760" timestamp="1321113736"]
Ozen has yet to face a six in the box threat that lurks in the land of cookies and cream. I'm being very serious in saying, the offensive line for Ozen will be overwhelmed, and Mr. Green may have escaped the rushes of Lumberton, Livingston, etc. etc. NONE of the teams on their schedule have the defensive firepower of the Ice Cream Boys.

Sorry to break it to ya...but it's going to be ugly........ Cubbies by 5 TD's
[/quote]We completely shut him down by not letting him scramble, keep him in the box and make sure you have good coverage.....pressure is key....with that said I have to go with the Panthers in an upset, sorry Brenham fan, just because I'd like to see them keep going. Odds aren't good with Brenham playing you though....

Thorne is a thorn in the arse to get inside the stadium.You gotta empty your pockets on a table and get scanned thru a walk-thru metal detector.At the Ike game had to go back to da car because I had a set of nailclippers w/a tiny dull blade underneath.Get in line early ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1114790" timestamp="1321114731"]
Thorne is a thorn in the arse to get inside the stadium.You gotta empty your pockets on a table and get scanned thru a walk-thru metal detector.At the Ike game had to go back to da car because I had a set of nailclippers w/a tiny dull blade underneath.Get in line early ;)
[/quote]I am thankful that it has not come to that around here yet Litex.....On a side note I would have tossed the clippers. ;D

These posts sound real familiar, last night the corp of linebackers (who were as good as promised) were supposed shut Ozen down.  Now is the the Brenham D-line.  Green is an outstanding QB but Ozen has many weapons and will take what the defense leaves open.  Brenham's DL might be special but it won't matter. If you score 40, Ozen scores at least 41.  Another upset, which is good medicine for arrogance,  (JMO)

[quote name="SASQUASH22" post="1114805" timestamp="1321115425"]
The Pressure is on Brenham. Ozen, just needs to limit their mistakes and this one could be interesting.

Remember, any team that doesn't come to play on a given night. CAN BE BEAT !

Ozen - 35

Brenham - 28
[/quote]

Bullseye has been on us all year....  We're use to it!  People picking their hearts and not their heads....  Lol

[quote name="ice74" post="1114810" timestamp="1321115613"]
These posts sound real familiar, last night the corp of linebackers (who were as good as promised) were supposed shut Ozen down.  Now is the the Brenham D-line.  Green is an outstanding QB but Ozen has many weapons and will take what the defense leaves open.  Brenham's DL might be special but it won't matter. If you score 40, Ozen scores at least 41.  Another upset, which is good medicine for arrogance,  (JMO)
[/quote]

Care to put a steak dinner on that?

[quote name="ice74" post="1114810" timestamp="1321115613"]
[/quote]

Like I've said in another post in reference to certain teams, each year you plan to win the State Championship and nothing else.  Brenham is on a totally different level than any other team in this area, including Dayton, Nederland, PNG, Vidor etc etc etc...This game won't even be close.  If you've seen a team that makes it to the state finals then you know what I'm talking about, talent wise.  Brenham has that team AGAIN.  Ozen beat an overrated BH team IMO and is just a bump in the road for Brenham's run.  Don't get me wrong Ozen may have some studs but Brenham's whole team is full of Div I talent.  If Brenham does lose it won't be by a 20-4A team.

The only team that can be compared to Brenham that the Panthers have faced is Memorial... we know how that turned out... Ozen is hot right now, but they can't beat a team that is just as athletic as they are, has great lines on both sides of the ball, and is a legitimate chance to win state. I hope Ozen wins with all that is in me, but I just don't see it happening... Brenham has way too much depth across the board.

This remeinds me alot of the year central beat BH and met Brenham in the 2nd round, but Brenham is not as good as that team was, I think Ozen turns alot of heads with this game, they have to good athletes but its going to take more then that to beat brenham, hopefully Nelsons gets his panthers heads right, seems like their peaking at the right time

[quote name="Xaphoon" post="1114869" timestamp="1321118788"]
The only team that can be compared to Brenham that the Panthers have faced is Memorial... we know how that turned out... Ozen is hot right now, but they can't beat a team that is just as athletic as they are, has great lines on both sides of the ball, and is a legitimate chance to win state. I hope Ozen wins with all that is in me, but I just don't see it happening... Brenham has way too much depth across the board.
[/quote]

I don't doubt Brenham is a good team but to say that they can be likened to memorial is a bit of stretch. ;) btw when Ozen played memorial Green did not play and our starting RB played QB most of the game.  Crown Brenham King if you like, they are beatable and This could very well be the week.

[quote name="ItzGood" post="1115064" timestamp="1321126996"]
Brenham wins going away, Ozen has not faced a defense anywhere close to what Brenham has.
[/quote]

Brenham's a 4A school with 5A talent.  Comperable to PAM.  I worry more about Ozen's coaches than I do the kids possibly calling a bad game.....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833