*** OZEN vs BRENHAM ***

SgtRey

No doubt Brenham is the favorite and the better team. When you're facing one of the most dangerous QB's in the state, with a supporting cast, anything can happen. Ozen will have to play the game of their life to even keep it close. One thing about Green, he handles pressure quite well. Good luck Panthers

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ice74" post="1114810" timestamp="1321115613"]
These posts sound real familiar, last night the corp of linebackers (who were as good as promised) were supposed shut Ozen down.  Now is the the Brenham D-line.  Green is an outstanding QB but Ozen has many weapons and will take what the defense leaves open.  Brenham's DL might be special but it won't matter. If you score 40, Ozen scores at least 41.  Another upset, which is good medicine for arrogance,  (JMO)
[/quote]

Well put! Our offense is too potent and our defense adjusts well. It'll be a hell of a game for sure. Maybe even a shootout! Not so fast Brenham! If we weren't good enough we wouldn't have made it this far. Don't let the record fool you.

[quote name="Ozen Panther For Life" post="1117062" timestamp="1321221185"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=91404.msg1114810#msg1114810 date=1321115613]
These posts sound real familiar, last night the corp of linebackers (who were as good as promised) were supposed shut Ozen down.  Now is the the Brenham D-line.  Green is an outstanding QB but Ozen has many weapons and will take what the defense leaves open.  Brenham's DL might be special but it won't matter. If you score 40, Ozen scores at least 41.  Another upset, which is good medicine for arrogance,  (JMO)
[/quote]

Well put! Our offense is too potent and our defense adjusts well. It'll be a heck of a game for sure. Maybe even a shootout! Not so fast Brenham! If we weren't good enough we wouldn't have made it this far. Don't let the record fool you.
[/quote]

I never said Ozen was bad.  In fact, I did the opposite and said the would make the playoffs before the season started. (when most didn't give y'all a chance)

[quote name="Ozen Panther For Life" post="1117062" timestamp="1321221185"]
[/quote]

Well put! Our offense is too potent and our defense adjusts well. It'll be a heck of a game for sure. Maybe even a shootout! Not so fast Brenham! If we weren't good enough we wouldn't have made it this far. Don't let the record fool you.
[/quote]

For a team that BARELY beat a BH team that was 2nd at best in their district behind Dayton is going to be in for a big surprise.  There comes a time where you just prepare and hope the team your facing will have 27 turnovers because this game won't be close.  Ozen might, MIGHT, show a few flashes of speed and trickery in the first quarter and have Brenham on their heals, not doubting Ozens big play ability.  BUT, Brenham is loaded with big time play makers and at the beginning of the year were already booking their hotel rooms in Dallas.

Brenham 38 - Ozen 6

[quote name="7mary3" post="1117237" timestamp="1321233548"]
[quote author=Ozen Panther For Life link=topic=91404.msg1117062#msg1117062 date=1321221185]
[/quote]

[/quote]

For a team that BARELY beat a BH team that was 2nd at best in their district behind Dayton is going to be in for a big surprise.  There comes a time where you just prepare and hope the team your facing will have 27 turnovers because this game won't be close.  Ozen might, MIGHT, show a few flashes of speed and trickery in the first quarter and have Brenham on their heals, not doubting Ozens big play ability.  BUT, Brenham is loaded with big time play makers and [color=red][b]at the beginning of the year were already booking their hotel rooms in Dallas.[/b][/color]
Brenham 38 - Ozen 6
[/quote]
We really appreciate the love, BUT that is exactly what Brenham did last year, and we had six turnovers that killed us in bi-district.  I think the team, and coaches learned from that, and are doing everything they  can to prevent such a loss of focus.  We just want to keep playing another week.

As another poster stared, this Ozen team can be very very good or not good.  Hope they come out not good.  If they come out fired up, you may see an upset.  Their Offense rises to the challenge and have been playinng red hot.  Ozen's defense will be the key.  They have the athletes out there, but will they be ready to gp and not be intimidated by this team?  I'll make my prediction later this week.

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1117318" timestamp="1321237893"]
Brenham will win, but [b]Ozens qb is the best player on the field[/b], no doubt
[/quote]
That is a strong statement considering the competition.  Malcolm Brown is a five star recruit, Timothy Cole is a four star recruit, and let me not forget to mention that Dean Haveman(Brenham's QB) has thrown for over 1900 yards, 31 TD's, AND has a completion percentage of 72%.  He is also very dangerous outside the pocket, and is a VERY legitimate running threat.  Now, I do not doubt that Green is one heck of a fine athlete, and a good player, but THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD?  Come on man! 

[quote name="87Cub" post="1117346" timestamp="1321239608"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=91404.msg1117318#msg1117318 date=1321237893]
Brenham will win, but [b]Ozens qb is the best player on the field[/b], no doubt
[/quote]
That is a strong statement considering the competition.  Malcolm Brown is a five star recruit, Timothy Cole is a four star recruit, and let me not forget to mention that Dean Haveman(Brenham's QB) has thrown for over 1900 yards, 31 TD's, AND has a completion percentage of 72%.  He is also very dangerous outside the pocket, and is a VERY legitimate running threat.  Now, I do not doubt that Green is one heck of a fine athlete, and a good player, but THE BEST PLAYER ON THE FIELD?  Come on man!
[/quote]

Like i said! Best player on the field.

[quote name="liltex" post="1117347" timestamp="1321239660"]
Cub linebacker #40 is a headhunter,makes alot of solo tackles ;)
[/quote]
Jerrid Jeter Gilmon!  Yes, he has been playing in the shadows of Malcolm Brown, Tim Cole, and Troy Green for the last two years.  In my opinion, he is one of the most dangerous players on that defense, because he can play any position on the field.  He is actually classified as a hybrid Safety/Linebacker, but he has lined up as a defensive lineman at times as well.  He plays all of the positions well, and yes he is a headhunter.  He is a very valueable asset to that defense.  He is all over the field, every week.  You had better not forget about him when you try to account for the rest of the above listed players. 

[quote name="APanthers" post="1117200" timestamp="1321230412"]
Barbers Hill should have beaten Ozen last week . I don't see Brenham loosing .
[/quote]
Being from neither town, and halfway in between the two, i'll give an un bias opinion. IDK how you can say BH shouldve won? Both teams were evenly matched, the X factor was Green for Ozen was the best player on the field. Ozen won, it's done.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1117237" timestamp="1321233548"]
[quote author=Ozen Panther For Life link=topic=91404.msg1117062#msg1117062 date=1321221185]
[/quote]

[/quote]

For a team that BARELY beat a BH team that was 2nd at best in their district behind Dayton is going to be in for a big surprise.  There comes a time where you just prepare and hope the team your facing will have 27 turnovers because this game won't be close.  Ozen might, MIGHT, show a few flashes of speed and trickery in the first quarter and have Brenham on their heals, not doubting Ozens big play ability.  BUT, Brenham is loaded with big time play makers and at the beginning of the year were already booking their hotel rooms in Dallas.

Brenham 38 - Ozen 6
[/quote]

Not that it matters but just to be accurate, BH finished 1st in their district.  I understand Brenham is a different challenge, but they will have to prove that they are the better team.  I certainly hope they underestimate Ozen and overlook them as Baber's Hill did.  I do not minimize Brenham's success, but I know that this Ozen team is better than their record indicates and they are capable of beating anyone that takes the field.  Looking forward to a great game!

[quote name="AOO7" post="1117379" timestamp="1321241412"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=91404.msg1117200#msg1117200 date=1321230412]
Barbers Hill should have beaten Ozen last week . I don't see Brenham loosing .
[/quote]
Being from neither town, and halfway in between the two, i'll give an un bias opinion. IDK how you can say BH shouldve won? Both teams were evenly matched, the X factor was Green for Ozen was the best player on the field. Ozen won, it's done.
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself, Barber's Hill played a good game but I don't know why the original poster would feel like BH should have won.

[quote name="liltex" post="1114790" timestamp="1321114731"]
Thorne is a thorn in the arse to get inside the stadium.You gotta empty your pockets on a table and get scanned thru a walk-thru metal detector.At the Ike game had to go back to da car because I had a set of nailclippers w/a tiny dull blade underneath.Get in line early ;)
[/quote]

Being from Vidor I'm sure we'll be treated really well.....

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1117318" timestamp="1321237893"]
Brenham will win, but Ozens qb is the best player on the field, no doubt
[/quote]

That's a joke right?  Green is good, but he won't even be the best player with the last name Green on the field!  You are in for a surprise.  Here's a list of Cubs that are as good or better.

Malcom Brown- 5 star recruit, going to Texas
Tim Cole- 4 star recruit, going to Texas
Troy Green- 3 star recruit, going to Texas A&M
Adrian Bellard- 3 star recruit, going to Texas A&M
Jerid Jeter-Gilmon- Going to Texas State
Tre'mond Moore- Getting D1 offers

I'll stop there, but I could probably list 3 or 4 more.  Green might be the best player on Ozen, but he won't be close to the best player on the field when these 2 teams meet.  Good luck to Ozen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833