*** OZEN vs BRENHAM ***

SgtRey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMT HS FOOTBALL FAN" post="1115161" timestamp="1321130273"]
Found a little vid about the Brenham Cubs

MAN, the Cubs look like the real deal!!!!

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8348197
[/quote]

#3 in the state!  #19 in the nation!

I know none of this matters, cuz it's win or go home!

Go Cubs!

Ozen coaches will have to do their best coaching in this game for them to have a chance. Hope they don't let the kids down, because Brenham is the real deal, but they don't have depth, that's the only weakness I saw. They can't afford to lose any of their players any time of the game. One thing I do know, OZEN will not be no Kingwood Park.

Ozen, if you are going to win state, which is the dream of all teams, sooner or later you are going to have to play a team like Brenham. You have to make your stand and take it up a notch. Play mistake free ball. Brenham is very tough. This is the game you played all year to be in. Good luck.

[quote name="baddog" post="1115599" timestamp="1321146286"]
Ozen, if you are going to win state, which is the dream of all teams, sooner or later you are going to have to play a team like Brenham. You have to make your stand and take it up a notch. Play mistake free ball. Brenham is very tough. This is the game you played all year to be in. Good luck.
[/quote]
+1  Good post.

[quote name="SFA85" post="1115108" timestamp="1321128246"]
[quote author=ItzGood link=topic=91404.msg1115064#msg1115064 date=1321126996]
Brenham wins going away, Ozen has not faced a defense anywhere close to what Brenham has.
[/quote]

Brenham's a 4A school with 5A talent.  Comperable to PAM.  [b]I worry more about Ozen's coaches than I do the kids possibly calling a bad game.....[/b]
[/quote]

Yep, and that is my issue with Ozen.  The coach.

[/quote]

+2

[quote name="7mary3" post="1114863" timestamp="1321118558"]
[quote author=ice74 link=topic=91404.msg1114810#msg1114810 date=1321115613]
These posts sound real familiar, last night the corp of linebackers (who were as good as promised) were supposed shut Ozen down.  Now is the the Brenham D-line.  Green is an outstanding QB but Ozen has many weapons and will take what the defense leaves open.  Brenham's DL might be special but it won't matter. If you score 40, Ozen scores at least 41.  Another upset, which is good medicine for arrogance,  (JMO)
[/quote]

Like I've said in another post in reference to certain teams, each year you plan to win the State Championship and nothing else.  Brenham is on a totally different level than any other team in this area, including Dayton, Nederland, PNG, Vidor etc etc etc...This game won't even be close.  If you've seen a team that makes it to the state finals then you know what I'm talking about, talent wise.  Brenham has that team AGAIN.  Ozen beat an overrated BH team IMO and is just a bump in the road for Brenham's run.  Don't get me wrong Ozen may have some studs but Brenham's whole team is full of Div I talent.  If Brenham does lose it won't be by a 20-4A team.
[/quote]

One of the better defenses you'll ever see in HS.  Talent is there, coach is there, just don't see anyone in the region beating them but that's why they play the games.

[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head...if Ozen wants to know what a State Championship caliber team is they're fixing to get their shot.  Ozens got their work cut out....ive seen stranger things happen.

[quote name="D3zii" post="1114975" timestamp="1321122884"]
This remeinds me alot of the year central beat BH and met Brenham in the 2nd round, [b]but Brenham is not as good as that team was[/b], I think Ozen turns alot of heads with this game, they have to good athletes but its going to take more then that to beat brenham, hopefully Nelsons gets his panthers heads right, seems like their peaking at the right time
[/quote]
I would have to disagree with you on that point.  The Cubs had a good team in 2005, that was just loaded with D1 talent just like this team is.  Actually, I think that the 2005-2006 era had more D1 talent.  The difference now is we have an overall better level of talent.  Along with Malcom Brown, Tim Cole, and Troy Green you have to deal with Shea Nutt, Jesse Baker, Klartel Claridy, AND Dean Havemen at QB.  Do not get me wrong, Jarrett Lee was a good QB, but after watching Haveman in every game this year, all I can say is ,"Why the hell was this guy not starting last year?  He is an amazing high school QB, who is every bit as accurate as Jarrett Lee was, and I loved Ty Schlottmann, but this guy is good, really good. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="87Cub" post="1116597" timestamp="1321196483"]
Jumping on the board for the first time. Another fan from ice cream land joining in on all of this fun!!
[/quote]

Welcome aboard, 87Cub.  I was born in Hempstead (many years ago) and I know that there are more GOOD things in
Brenham than just the ice cream (meaning the PEOPLE if anyone needs it explained).

Thank you all very much for the hospitality, everyone!  I try to be very objective, EVEN THOUGH I am probably one of the biggest Brenham homers that you will ever see.  I believe that if you are going to crack on anyone, you MUST crack on your own first.  I used to be a regular on a certain board that has pretty much dried up.  Look forward to sharing my thoughts on pretty much anything. 

Guest beechnut
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1114820" timestamp="1321115968"]
These posts sound real familiar, last night the corp of linebackers (who were as good as promised) were supposed shut Ozen down.  Now is the the Brenham D-line.  Green is an outstanding QB but Ozen has many weapons and will take what the defense leaves open.  Brenham's DL might be special but it won't matter. If you score 40, Ozen scores at least 41.  Another upset, which is good medicine for arrogance,  (JMO)
[/quote]

Care to put a steak dinner on that?
[/quote]

LOL

[quote name="beechnut" post="1116959" timestamp="1321215330"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91404.msg1114820#msg1114820 date=1321115968]
[/quote]

Care to put a steak dinner on that?
[/quote]

LOL

How bout an ice cream sandwich and a plate of crow?
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder