1. 1. Who wins?

• PN-G
    • Dayton

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="7mary3" post="1107394" timestamp="1320633100"]
AND correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Dayton DOMINATE the Golden Triangle for years?  I'm pretty sure there were several teams INCLUDING png or is it PNG (not sure of the spelling) that were glad Dayton left.
[/quote]

Leave it to a Dayton fan to be unsure of how to spell a three letter acronym... ;D

[quote name="purplepassion" post="1107296" timestamp="1320627262"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=90983.msg1107225#msg1107225 date=1320622573]
Should be a real good game...I'll go with Dayton, 31-21
[/quote]

Wrong !!!!!!!!!!!

PNG will dominate the Phillies

Indians  48
Phillies    6    sympathy TD late in the fourth
[/quote]
Better leave that fire water alone Tonto

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1107402" timestamp="1320633512"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=90983.msg1107394#msg1107394 date=1320633100]
AND correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Dayton DOMINATE the Golden Triangle for years?  I'm pretty sure there were several teams INCLUDING png or is it PNG (not sure of the spelling) that were glad Dayton left.
[/quote]

Leave it to a Dayton fan to be unsure of how to spell a three letter acronym... ;D
[/quote]

That PNG or is it png diploma is showing...appreciate you explaining the word "acronym", I thought it was a type of VD or spider or something.....

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="7mary3" post="1107412" timestamp="1320633937"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=90983.msg1107402#msg1107402 date=1320633512]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That PNG or is it png diploma is showing...appreciate you explaining the word "acronym", I thought it was a type of VD or spider or something.....
[/quote]
Of course you did  ::)

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1107402" timestamp="1320633512"]
AND correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Dayton DOMINATE the Golden Triangle for years?  [b]I'm pretty sure there were several teams[/b] INCLUDING png or is it PNG (not sure of the spelling) [b]that were glad Dayton left[/b].
[/quote]

[/quote]a spelling comment? Thats all you got? What about the statement?No comment bout that?  ???

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1107343" timestamp="1320629865"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=90983.msg1107340#msg1107340 date=1320629275]
Let's see, losses to Nederland, Livingston, and Crosby.....wowzers.  PNG still overrated in my book, they are about one to two STUD players away from making another deep playoff run.  PNG still relies on their fan fare to win games for them.  Plus, their helmets are ugly (the name of the school and the mascot on the helmet? really?).  Anyways, should be a good game.  Dayton has had to overcome lots of injuries and an up and down young defense.  Don't know which Dayton team will show up but i'm counting on a high scoring affair.  I give the edge to Dayton.
[/quote]

Well then by all means... PN-G should just not show up and embarrass themselves with their ugly helmets.  ::)

They should just give it to Dayton and tell their fans to stay home.

Really 7mary3???
[/quote]Nederland game = Totally different level of playing...doesn't matter the record, always tough, anyone can take that game
Crosby game = Went in WAY to confident coming off a slamming of a weak Gregory Portland team. Underestimated those freakishly good twins. Lost by a point.
Livingston Game = the BULL MAYES ( all the difference in the world)!!!!!!! Mayes didn't play after us....if he would have I think you see an entirely different playoff scene
Believe me we are not taking Dayton lightly....Know that their losses came to some tough teams with the exception of GCM (5 turnovers! :o)
Fine with us to be overrated....just show up and play our game and we'll win.... 8)

[quote name="octfeb" post="1107414" timestamp="1320634015"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=90983.msg1107402#msg1107402 date=1320633512]
AND correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Dayton DOMINATE the Golden Triangle for years?  [b]I'm pretty sure there were several teams[/b] INCLUDING png or is it PNG (not sure of the spelling) [b]that were glad Dayton left[/b].
[/quote]

[/quote]a spelling comment? Thats all you got? What about the statement?No comment bout that?  ???
[/quote]

Personally, I wasn't too happy Dayton left. We got stuck with Livingston after that. Dayton's not as far away.

As for whether or not Dayton "dominated" the Golden Triangle, I'm pretty sure Lumberton has something to say about that. ;)

[quote name="FrodoNDN" post="1107417" timestamp="1320634137"]
[quote author=KHS 89 link=topic=90983.msg1107343#msg1107343 date=1320629865]
Let's see, losses to Nederland, Livingston, and Crosby.....wowzers.  PNG still overrated in my book, they are about one to two STUD players away from making another deep playoff run.  PNG still relies on their fan fare to win games for them.  Plus, their helmets are ugly (the name of the school and the mascot on the helmet? really?).  Anyways, should be a good game.  Dayton has had to overcome lots of injuries and an up and down young defense.  Don't know which Dayton team will show up but i'm counting on a high scoring affair.  I give the edge to Dayton.
[/quote]

Well then by all means... PN-G should just not show up and embarrass themselves with their ugly helmets.  ::)

Really 7mary3???
[/quote]Nederland game = Totally different level of playing...doesn't matter the record, always tough, anyone can take that game
Crosby game = Went in WAY to confident coming off a slamming of a weak Gregory Portland team. Underestimated those freakishly good twins. Lost by a point.
Livingston Game = the BULL MAYES ( all the difference in the world)!!!!!!! Mayes didn't play after us....if he would have I think you see an entirely different playoff scene
Believe me we are not taking Dayton lightly....Know that their losses came to some tough teams with the exception of GCM (5 turnovers! :o)
Fine with us to be overrated....just show up and play our game and we'll win.... 8)
[/quote]

I think it's going to be a coin flip, could go either way.  I think Dayton has had just a tad more adversity this year than PNG and this will help them in the post season.  IMO Dayton did way better than I thought they would this year.  Good luck to both teams.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1107418" timestamp="1320634214"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90983.msg1107414#msg1107414 date=1320634015]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally, I wasn't too happy Dayton left. We got stuck with Livingston after that. Dayton's not as far away.

As for whether or not Dayton "dominated" the Golden Triangle, I'm pretty sure Lumberton has something to say about that. ;)
[/quote]

You just had to go there...still haven't recovered from that one.  8)  Don't worry BH is the new Lumberton  ;D

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1107418" timestamp="1320634214"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=90983.msg1107414#msg1107414 date=1320634015]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Yeah Livingston is pretty far... Dayton being back in district 19 all the schools are pretty close... I think NF is/was the farthest for Dayton. But with the realignment coming up in February who knows who will be where... and with NF being consolidated with Houston schools that leaves an open spot in this district. Maybe Livingston with take that spot.

[quote name="7mary3" post="1107426" timestamp="1320634567"]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=90983.msg1107417#msg1107417 date=1320634137]
[/quote]

Really 7mary3???
[/quote]

I think it's going to be a coin flip, could go either way.  I think Dayton has had just a tad more adversity this year than PNG and this will help them in the post season.  IMO Dayton did way better than I thought they would this year.  Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

So taking a design after LSU and TCU is an ugly helmet? All Dayton does is copy the Colts.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1107429" timestamp="1320634986"]
[quote author=7mary3 link=topic=90983.msg1107426#msg1107426 date=1320634567]
[quote author=FrodoNDN link=topic=90983.msg1107417#msg1107417 date=1320634137]
[/quote]

Really 7mary3???
[/quote]

[/quote]

So taking a design after LSU and TCU is an ugly helmet? All Dayton does is copy the Colts.
[/quote]

Struck a nerve...nice ::)

Yep, when all else fails --- the argument always goes to our "purple" is not "manly" enough, the mascot is "feminine" and the helmets are ugly.

Typical things girls consume themselves with.  :-*

I've watched some Dayton video, Dayton has a difficult time stopping a run offense. PNG can run the ball down your throat and then hit you with a nice pretty pass to Nelson for 6. I know PNG is not underestimating Dayton, I sure hope Dayton is underestimating PNG ! Since the beginning of District play our D has stepped up and really made a statement. This game will be a toss up. I know we are all going to see some dang good football played. As far as adversity, as mentioned in previous post, PNG has had to endure some adversity, but the good thing is that with our injuries we have had other boys step in and not miss a beat. We do have good depth that has not slowed us down. Lots of fresh legs to keep rotated into the game.

[quote name="pngfan66" post="1107526" timestamp="1320666322"]
I've watched some Dayton video, Dayton has a difficult time stopping a run offense. PNG can run the ball down your throat and then hit you with a nice pretty pass to Nelson for 6. I know PNG is not underestimating Dayton, I sure hope Dayton is underestimating PNG ! Since the beginning of District play our D has stepped up and really made a statement. This game will be a toss up. I know we are all going to see some dang good football played. As far as adversity, as mentioned in previous post, PNG has had to endure some adversity, but the good thing is that with our injuries we have had other boys step in and not miss a beat. We do have good depth that has not slowed us down. Lots of fresh legs to keep rotated into the game.
[/quote]I don't doubt you'll be able the run the ball some ,but I doubt your run it down our throats. Dayton will put alot of points on the board with a balanced run and one of the best passing games in SETX hope you can put the ball in the air because your running game won't be enough ! Also hope you have a good kicking game if the game is on the line the Bronco's will "Kick" butt with their D-1 kicker .

I think this game will be decied by defense.

Whoever's defense can step up and make the big plays...will win this game. I also have a feeling it will be close with it being decided in the last few minutes.

PN-G by 1.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder