TO THE YOUNG MEN WHO WILL TAKE THE FIELD TONIGHT AND TOMORROW

WOSgrad

Some of you will have at least one more game after this week;

Some of you will be back next year to play this game again;

Some of you have shown the skill to play this sport in college;

Many of you, however, will never put on a football uniform again after tonight or tomorrow.

May you cherish this night and all of the Friday nights that you have chosen to represent your school and community, for we all have.  We have cheered, yelled, gnash teeth and, I am sure in some cases, cried for you as you represented us on that football field.  And while we have always denied it, we have lived through you...like it or not, you have carried us on that field with you.  Thank you for doing it without complaint.

To the coaches that guide them...I am sorry that you have not always been treated with the reverence that you deserve....the reverence that we know that you use with the young men.  Please don't take our spur of the moment words typed in frustration as a lack of respect for your position.  We will speak as if we know that we could do better.....but the reason that we stay here behind the security of our keyboards instead of joining your ranks is that we know the truth.  That truth, that it takes a special person to let their lives be determined by the performance of teenagers who just by nature of their stage in life may not hold the same priorities that you do.  Thank you for what you do.

May God bless you and guide you to the wonderful things you all deserve and we all look forward to the special moments that you will provide to us in the future.

Todd Broussard
Administrator

From a Big HS Football Fan,All of your hard work preparing from summer weight/conditioning programs-current has not gone un-noticed.It's been exciting watching winners which scores do not reflect-All of you the/ Atheletes are winners in my book just by sticking thru the good/bad times.To the Coaching Staffs job well done putting in countless hours of preparation and a warm heart w/big shoulders to guide these students,teaching them positives on/off the field.To the young people who provide hydration,thank you for your contibution.To the bands/cheer and directors,along w/caring supportive parents/friends that entertain us,we have be blessed to watch.To all the seniors:Cherish these lifetime memories and may you be blessed in your future.You all have had a hand in making our lives less stressful during these times we live in.Hold your heads high to be successful,You Are Our Future ;)

Great post Grad.  I occasionally get made fun of because I like or love high school football.  Really though all u have to do is go and watch a game on Friday night and see what these young men put into it and how could u not fall in love with it.  I truly believe this is football at it's purest form.  No money involved.  Just blood, sweat, and hard work.  Plenty of Rudy stories to go around.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1103949" timestamp="1320408515"]
Some of you will have at least one more game after this week;

Some of you will be back next year to play this game again;

Some of you have shown the skill to play this sport in college;

Many of you, however, will never put on a football uniform again after tonight or tomorrow.

May you cherish this night and all of the Friday nights that you have chosen to represent your school and community, for we all have.  We have cheered, yelled, gnash teeth and, I am sure in some cases, cried for you as you represented us on that football field.  And while we have always denied it, we have lived through you...like it or not, you have carried us on that field with you.  Thank you for doing it without complaint.

To the coaches that guide them...I am sorry that you have not always been treated with the reverence that you deserve....the reverence that we know that you use with the young men.  Please don't take our spur of the moment words typed in frustration as a lack of respect for your position.  We will speak as if we know that we could do better.....but the reason that we stay here behind the security of our keyboards instead of joining your ranks is that we know the truth.  That truth, that it takes a special person to let their lives be determined by the performance of teenagers who just by nature of their stage in life may not hold the same priorities that you do.  Thank you for what you do.

May God bless you and guide you to the wonderful things you all deserve and we all look forward to the special moments that you will provide to us in the future.

Todd Broussard
Administrator
[/quote]

That pretty much says it all! Great post.

This is for the young men who never quit, no-matter how tough it got. You will find-out that in your future life you will not be a quitter. Some of the first jobs you get will be just as tough as football was but if you stick with it the way you stuck with football, soom you will find a job that you can be happy with.  "NEVER QUIT".

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1104057" timestamp="1320415084"]
Nice post Todd... Trevin asked about WOS GRAD the other day...And I told him he is still around..Nice work goes out to you ..Thanks for everything you do Todd..
[/quote]

Thanks.  I am not going anywhere, LOL!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124