Cleveland vs Tarkington Predictions

Cleveland can lose this game but still makes it to the playoffs with a Liberty loss.However if Cleveland looses and Liberty upsets Coldspring (highly unlikely)then Liberty gets the 3rd spot.
  Tarkington hasnt won a game all year and would love to put a win in the win column and knock out their 'crosstown rivals',they will be giving it their all. What do ya'll think about it?

Does Tarkenton ever win? And I don't mean that in a mean way.. Seems every time I hear a final score for them it's always a lose. What can turn them around?

[quote name="octfeb" post="1101083" timestamp="1320101191"]
Does Tarkenton ever win? And I don't mean that in a mean way.. Seems every time I hear a final score for them it's always a lose. What can turn them around?
[/quote]
I can't remember Tarkington's last winning season and I mean in 20 years. But I heard their 9th grade team has beat all district JV teams, and the 8th grade too. It will be interesting to see if Coach Carpenter and his staff can build a winning attitude and better skills with these youngsters. I'd like to see the underdog win this week, but don't think it will happen this year. I predict a 40 point spread, if the Indians rest starters after the half. Congrats to Cleveland for making the playoffs. No way Liberty beats Coldsprings.

Last winning season was in '01-'02 I believe, it has been tough out there on the prarie for the horns but I think Coach Carpenter and his staff have things moving in the right direction with the possibility of two district champs in the lower levels (9th and 8th) and only 5 seniors graduating look for things to be turning around out there in a year or two.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1101655" timestamp="1320167618"]
Yea, I think Brandon has things headed in the right direction but no way Cleveland loses this one, even though Cleveland is the worst coached team I've seen all year.
[/quote]

Yes congrats to the indians on getting in, I'm really glad to see they had it in them.  As far as being worse coached I think you got it way wrong.  I think those guys are spread pretty thin but not the worse coached.  They have like 7 coaches between 3 teams.  I guess 22-3a is a joke of a district considering that the worse coached team you have seen all year has the 3rd spot. :P  I wish the longhorns the best of luck against them.   

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1101655" timestamp="1320167618"]
Yea, I think Brandon has things headed in the right direction but no way Cleveland loses this one, even though Cleveland is the worst coached team I've seen all year.
[/quote]

Trojan Fan keep digging ditches and leave the coaching out of it

[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="1102328" timestamp="1320248481"]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=90745.msg1101655#msg1101655 date=1320167618]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I will say this Cowboys1981, I support Cleveland and Coldspring along with any team that makes the playoffs from our district. Trojan fan has a good point only 29 total yards of offense in a game :'(, that sounds to me like poor coaching. The Cleveland team has alot of talent and the coaches are not using the talent where it is most productive. >:( I am glad to see Cleveland put together a second half and beat liberty and I hope they will make a great showing in the play offs. And yes, Cleveland has put together a great season compared to last years 2-8 season. Roll Tribe against Tarkington and good luck in the play offs ;D

Bigdaddy79, just because a team gets shut down on offense does not mean poor coaching.  The mighty Huffman offense only had 101 yards and -23 yards rushing and they have a great coaching staff.  You guys are way to quick to start pointing fingers instead of giving credit where credit is due:  Coldspring's defense!!!!!  Look it up!  Not to many teams with good numbers against that defense.

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="1102348" timestamp="1320249757"]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=90745.msg1102328#msg1102328 date=1320248481]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I will say this Cowboys1981, I support Cleveland and Coldspring along with any team that makes the playoffs from our district. Trojan fan has a good point only 29 total yards of offense in a game :'(, that sounds to me like poor coaching. The Cleveland team has alot of talent and the coaches are not using the talent where it is most productive. >:( I am glad to see Cleveland put together a second half and beat liberty and I hope they will make a great showing in the play offs. And yes, Cleveland has put together a great season compared to last years 2-8 season. Roll Tribe against Tarkington and good luck in the play offs ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="Tiger Boogie" post="1102560" timestamp="1320258726"]
Bigdaddy79, just because a team gets shut down on offense does not mean poor coaching.  The mighty Huffman offense only had 101 yards and -23 yards rushing and they have a great coaching staff.  You guys are way to quick to start pointing fingers instead of giving credit where credit is due:  Coldspring's defense!!!!!  Look it up!  Not to many teams with good numbers against that defense.

[quote author=Bigdaddy79 link=topic=90745.msg1102348#msg1102348 date=1320249757]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=90745.msg1102328#msg1102328 date=1320248481]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You are right to a point. Huffman held Coldspring to limited yards too. What I am saying, if you was at the game you would understand. Cleveland played a hard first half against Coldspring but very limited  yards on the offense to me is a lack of coaching on their part. You go into the feild house at half time and figure out what you have to do and make changes. The coach that is in the press box or on top of it has the best view and needs to relay info to the coaches on the field. JMO. Cleveland has a ton of talent on the field and needas to used where they are best weather its the QB or a tight end to a FS where ever it may be on the field. Like i say JMO

[quote name="slim shady" post="1102588" timestamp="1320260417"]
Trojan Fan....who is the best coached team in 22AAA, please dont say CS, it is easy to win when your athletes are superior.......cleveland has a good staff, but the best staff in the district is Huffman....Liberty has the most underachieving staff
[/quote]

Hold your horses there slim. Barbay is a very good coach in fact the entire family is full of great coaches. Idc how good you're athletes are eventually you will run into a team with athletes that are just as good. You don't get to the state championship without a good coach. Plus the fact that coldspring was able to maintain their high level of play even with losing as much as they did is just another testament of how good barbay is.

With that said Mac and staff over at Huffman have done an excellent job. They have really built an excitement and following around this program that was lacking before.

[quote name="slim shady" post="1102588" timestamp="1320260417"]
Trojan Fan....who is the best coached team in 22AAA, please dont say CS, it is easy to win when your athletes are superior.......cleveland has a good staff, but the best staff in the district is Huffman....Liberty has the most underachieving staff
[/quote]
I will roll with Huffman having a great coaching staff, a very disiplined football team. I enjoyed watching them play the other night. I would put heir staff on top then coldspring,Shephard,Tarkington,Splendora, Cleveland,Liberty. THat is what it would be if I was going to rank them.

Let me clear things up, CS has a very good staff, that is apparent, I was not saying they dont, if that is how it came across, my apologies. I just think Huffman is better, they get alot out of their kids, they are disciplined, and hard-nosed. If I was gonna rank em, it would go like this

Huffman
CS
Cleveland
Splendora
Shepherd
Tarkington
Liberty

[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="1102328" timestamp="1320248481"]
[/quote]

[/quote]Hey, I'm not digging ditches at this very moment, I'm actually watching your mom and dad suck out my septic system, but back to Cleveland coaching, and I'm not a cleveland hater, i am a Cleveland grad., but I went and watched them play Huffman and they have got be the most predictable offense I've ever seen, when Buckley's in they pass, when #12 is in they run, there was nothing that surprised anyone, I'd say thats in the coaching because Cleveland always has some talent, thats my opinion, also my coaching days have long past but we must have done something right, my son is playing football in the BIG 12 right now, and as far as the school board gig, I didn't have to do that to get my kid playing time, nice try LOSERS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder