Cleveland vs Tarkington Predictions

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1102487" timestamp="1320254921"]
[quote author=1deadey8 link=topic=90745.msg1100815#msg1100815 date=1320086804]
Cleveland beats the Horns and then look out[s] Mustangs[/s].We get those mighty Mustang.
[/quote]

Fixed it fer ya. ;D
[/quote]

Who is we?  Cleveland beats Tarkington and plays WOS Mustangs.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1102589" timestamp="1320260772"]
[quote author=slim shady link=topic=90745.msg1102588#msg1102588 date=1320260417]
Trojan Fan....who is the best coached team in 22AAA, please dont say CS, it is easy to win when your athletes are superior.......cleveland has a good staff, but the best staff in the district is Huffman....Liberty has the most underachieving staff
[/quote]

Hold your horses there slim. Barbay is a very good coach in fact the entire family is full of great coaches. Idc how good you're athletes are eventually you will run into a team with athletes that are just as good. You don't get to the state championship without a good coach. Plus the fact that coldspring was able to maintain their high level of play even with losing as much as they did is just another testament of how good barbay is.

With that said Mac and staff over at Huffman have done an excellent job. They have really built an excitement and following around this program that was lacking before.
[/quote]I totally agree, when you lose as much Huffman and Coldspring did last year and play at the level that both teams did this year it's not just the talent you have, it takes a really good coaching staff to teach them how to play and win.

I will say this with amount of talent (including one of the best wr corps in the state) Huffman had last year they should've gone further in the playoffs than they did. This seems to be a recurring theme in Huffman sports. Last year the baseball team was top 10 and was coming off a 15-2 win over the #1 team in the state and then they  lose in the area round. Barbay found away to win in the playoffs, mac hasn't YET. So for that reason I have to put barbay at the top for now.

I watched Cleveland play 3 games on tape and watched them play Huffman. I seen Buckley and Fitzwater at an Under Armour camp in Houston and they both were in the top 5 out of 25 in Houston. Buckley does not have the same numbers in District as Fitzwater because of the WR's and coaching, they either ran bad routes (a blind man can guard them) or dropped balls and then he was substituted for a QB that does not run the ball hard at all. Buckley can run better than that guy. The coach did not coach his scheme to the players he has, example you can't run the spread if you can't catch the ball or find the passing lanes. I think the Coach in cleveland is getting bad advice from his assistants or he is a bad coach. He maybe a good politician with parents and school boards but unless they wake up it will continue. [b]Looks like by these post from Cleveland it continues[/b]. As far as athletes, Coldspring lost the best track stars last year. Every year since this current 11th grade group was in Junior High we was always beat (teamwise) by Cleveland or Splendora in track. Gilbert always placed 1 or 2 but several  other players are slow, we just are smart football players. Cleveland wins 42-8 dispite the coach or parents.

It always good to criticize from the stands but please go back and watch the films again.. Bad throws, routes, and dropped balls. Remeber Fitzwater has been in the system for three years Buckley has ran and the other kids have ran three different systems in four years.  It is hard to go to a throwing team within a year when you have only thrown for a year.  It is a process turning a 2-8 team into a 6-3 team.  Systems do grow as the kids in the program grow and learn what the coaches want. 

I agree with that but tell the fans and the kids not to expect much the first year. Which means you basically told the seniors their year does not mean anything. What coach did he bring in to turn it to a spread? (Should of stole a coach from a proven system to help) We used to have Coach Limas and each year he said it would get better but it didn't and he is still losing in Hearne (1-7). Thats what happens when a coach is a salesman and keeps the parents and school board believing.

Ok after this post i'm through with this thread...Yes i think cleveland has some athletes so yes they should always be competetive, however your looking at an average senior class, which only a hand ful of them played on the 09playoff team, only 3 juniors play on varsity, and the rest are sophomores.  To be their first year in a new offense and defense and to have won the number of games they have is pretty respectable imo...I think their losses are to silsbee, cs, and huffman..3 very good teams.  To sit here and say that the coaches arent playing to their kids talent sounds just like the last group of idiots that ran off tullos.  As far as the qb dilema, there shouldn't be one...nothing against 8 but from the few games I watched it seems like 12 makes them more dynamic, irregardless of the scheme.  We are all on the outside looking in, unless your a coach and have coached at this level you can't say what you would do with what kids you have.  Good luck Indians! 

Tullos ran himself off with the player fighting that was caught on tape and then coaches interfering. I'm sure it wasn't just that. Cleveland does have scattered players that are talented, but they could of played us and Huffman tougher by throwing the ball not running #12 and/or having a better secondary/linebacker coach. These are just a few coaching areas that has to improve. Yes, coaching from the stands is tuff but I could give him more help than the coaches he has in the crows nest helping. His plays was so predictable I was calling run or pass before the play happened and who was going to run and which side with 95% accuracy. If I can do that what do you think the other coaches are seeing. I am still pulling for Cleveland in the play-offs and even picked them to beat Huffman (ate crow on that one) but the HC needs to get some better assistants to be more than 3rd in district. You maybe happy with 3rd place the next few years.

[quote name="captredass" post="1102918" timestamp="1320282581"]
Tullos ran himself off with the player fighting that was caught on tape and then coaches interfering. I'm sure it wasn't just that. Cleveland does have scattered players that are talented, but they could of played us and Huffman tougher by throwing the ball not running #12 and/or having a better secondary/linebacker coach. These are just a few coaching areas that has to improve. Yes, coaching from the stands is tuff but I could give him more help than the coaches he has in the crows nest helping. His plays was so predictable I was calling run or pass before the play happened and who was going to run and which side with 95% accuracy. If I can do that what do you think the other coaches are seeing. I am still pulling for Cleveland in the play-offs and even picked them to beat Huffman (ate crow on that one) but the HC needs to get some better assistants to be more than 3rd in district. You maybe happy with 3rd place the next few years.
[/quote]

As a parent of a Junior whom plays on Clevelands Varsity team, I couldnt had said it any better than this..

[quote name="Indian11" post="1102961" timestamp="1320286093"]
[quote author=captredass link=topic=90745.msg1102918#msg1102918 date=1320282581]
[/quote]

As a parent of a Junior whom plays on Clevelands Varsity team, I couldnt had said it any better than this..
[/quote]

Minus the Tullos part however, I think Ricky got a bum deal out of that.....

You guys have no idea what goes on at practice or behind the sences that can influence several of these coaching decisions.  Maple is a great coach and could use some better help with him, but no one is beating down the door to go coach a Cleveland with the mess the administration is in and his staff took a hit just like most staffs in Texas with the cuts.  It is always easier to criticize with only one view of the situation.

[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="1102825" timestamp="1320274769"]
It always good to criticize from the stands but please go back and watch the films again.. Bad throws, routes, and dropped balls. Remeber Fitzwater has been in the system for three years Buckley has ran and the other kids have ran three different systems in four years.  It is hard to go to a throwing team within a year when you have only thrown for a year.  It is a process turning a 2-8 team into a 6-3 team.  Systems do grow as the kids in the program grow and learn what the coaches want.
[/quote]

It is hard to go from a 10-0 team to a 2-8 team in a years time too. as Cleveland was before Maples. JMO and they didnt lose that much in the years time, but the best AD Cleveland will ever have.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder