West Hardin vs Colmesneil, thoughts....

Joharr73

West Hardin needs to win and have Hull-Daisetta lose one of it's next 2 games to secure an Oiler playoff spot.  With the Bobcats traveling to Loveldy this week & the hosting a West Sabine team coming off an open week for the final game, it seems very likely to happen.

So, what is everyone's prediction of the score between the Bulldogs & the Oilers?

I'm thinking the Oiler JV will be playing by the end of the 3rd quarter again, in another West Hardin win.

West Hardin - 55
Colmesneil - 14

[quote name="HD94" post="1094075" timestamp="1319572203"]
West Hardin by as much as Henry allows.  On the HD comment, stranger things have happened, but your right WH has most likely secured playoffs.  Good luck to yall the rest of the season.
[/quote]

You're 100% correct, I'm not counting on anything to happen as planned.  Just like our chances.

Really hoping the Oilers take the field focused. I am sure they will , the Seniors want this pretty bad. Good Luck to the Oilers and Good luck to all the Parents Walking that track to Greet their Seniors ! Kinda sad this is the last regular season game for Wyatt Patterson, Justin Harrington, Tyler Caruthers, Cody Marcontell, Darrin Creel, Corey Graves, Austin Browning, Hunter Dorion, Jacoby Roth and Aubrey Palmer .. Whew I think I got them all ... :) If I missed any so sorry

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1094451" timestamp="1319598016"]
So, if H-D loses to Lovelady Friday and you guys beat Colmesneil all the playoff teams will be set? Be just a matter of playoff seeding next week?
[/quote]

Here's the breakdown:

LL 2-0 with games left against HD and Colmesneil.  Should finish 4-0 and district champs.

WS 2-1 with one game left against HD.  Should finish 3-1 for second place or  even if they finish 2-2.

WH 1-2 with one game left against Colmesneil.  Should finish 2-2 for third place.

HD 1-1 with two games left against LL and WS.  Should finish fourth at 1-3.

Colmesneil 0-2 with games left against WH and LL.

If WS wins against HD then they are alone in second place and they hold the tie-breaker vs. WH should they lose and WH wins.

IF the playoffs started today with LL 1, WS 2 and WH 3, these would be the matchups:

LL:  First round bye, then play the winner between the 2nd-place team in district 10 (currently Alto) and the third-place team from district 9 (currently Big Sandy).

WS: Play the third-place team from district 12 (currently Moody) in the first round.

WH: Play the 2nd-place team from district 12 (currently Thrall).

Of course, there are still 1-2 games left for these teams to play and this could change.

Right now Thrall is 4-5 and Moody is 5-3 but both are in a weak district.

Alto and Big Sandy are both 5-3, but both come from tougher districts.

[quote name="HD94" post="1094585" timestamp="1319633116"]
Just playing the what if game, what if HD beats West Sabine. Wouldn't that leave WH, HD, and West Sabine all 2-2?  What is the deciding factor for who goes?  Not the most likely scenario, just wondering.
[/quote]

then it would go to the head to head match ups and if that doesn't help then it comes down to the point system

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder