Ozen at Nederland Predictions

GoDogs27

[quote name="SFA85" post="1092636" timestamp="1319458266"]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=90243.msg1092302#msg1092302 date=1319413490]
Well said 85, and thanks......but we have 2 more to go before we get the crown.
[/quote]

I think u're good Out.  If not this week, then week 10 but the Golden Foozball goes to Nederland...
[/quote]
Thanks 85,  I know it hurt you to say that :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland started out very slow against Lumberton and they played very sluggish with to many mistakes. There was no spark on the sidelines like usual. If the dogs come in with the same lack luster emotions Ozen could be a spoiler. With it being Sr. Night i would expect another win but, Ozen is traveling with a surprise win over Livingston. The first quarter in my opinion will set the tone for the game. Nederland knocks the chip off their shoulder and its 42-14 if not then its gonna be close at 28-24.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1092818" timestamp="1319470844"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=90243.msg1092636#msg1092636 date=1319458266]
[quote author=outanup link=topic=90243.msg1092302#msg1092302 date=1319413490]
Well said 85, and thanks......but we have 2 more to go before we get the crown.
[/quote]

I think u're good Out.  If not this week, then week 10 but the Golden Foozball goes to Nederland...
[/quote]
Thanks 85,  I know it hurt you to say that :)
[/quote]

In this case, the truth doesn't hurt....

at halftime of liv ozen game was thinking with size and speed ozen had they should be a lot better still thinking liv was going to win easily and then a different ozen team came out that second half and dominated liv. if ned gets that second half ozen team they better bring their a game or we might be talking about another ozen upset

Dude, no one has come close to scoring 35 on Nederland...do you really think that Ozen is that far and away the best offense Nederland will be seeing this year...the most points Nederland has allowed so far is 21 and that was to PNG with a trash time TD with 3 seconds left.

Ozen is capable of pulling the upset, but not by hanging 35...I stick with Nederland 24, Ozen 14

Word to the wise.  Stay away from the inside.  Run Jones from east to west.  Screen passes.  They try to funnel everything to the middle.  Also, one of the RB's will probably need to stay and block on pass plays for Green to launch it deep.  I say, test Nederland's outsides and CB's.  Stay away from the D-Linemen. On offense, keep an eye on the little RB Benjamin (sp). He's shifty.  And please don't get sucked in on the playaction pass.  They have recievers that catch passes.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1094036" timestamp="1319570006"]
Word to the wise.  Stay away from the inside.  Run Jones from east to west.  Screen passes.  They try to funnel everything to the middle.  Also, one of the RB's will probably need to stay and block on pass plays for Green to launch it deep.  I say, test Nederland's outsides and CB's.  Stay away from the D-Linemen. On offense, keep an eye on the little RB Benjamin (sp). He's shifty.  And please don't get sucked in on the playaction pass.  They have recievers that catch passes.
[/quote]Pretty good assessment. You're a better scout than your coaches are.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1094102" timestamp="1319573580"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90243.msg1094036#msg1094036 date=1319570006]
[/quote]Pretty good assessment. You're a better scout than your coaches are.
[/quote]Don't get me started..  But thanks for the compliment. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1094036" timestamp="1319570006"]
[/quote]

Great game plan Soulja. Now, if only it can be executed. Ned's defense is geared for disruption. Green is to be respected. He's the best I have seen including last year. He better get his passes off quickly because I know we are going to pressure him. Playing against Ned, you better have a good punter.

PNG beats Vidor, so Ned wins district at home. If that can't get us pumped up, then I don't know what will.

[quote name="baddog" post="1094123" timestamp="1319574502"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90243.msg1094036#msg1094036 date=1319570006]
[/quote]

Great game plan Soulja. Now, if only it can be executed. Ned's defense is geared for disruption. Green is to be respected. He's the best I have seen including last year. He better get his passes off quickly because I know we are going to pressure him. Playing against Ned, you better have a good punter.

PNG beats Vidor, so Ned wins district at home. If that can't get us pumped up, then I don't know what will.
[/quote]Not very often do I agree with a Ned fan....I even believe Ned will win the DC....What I do disagree with Is PNG beating us..If you were at the Vidor/Ned game baddog you know that Vidor plays pretty good defense also...I believe our secondary matches up with any in the district.JMO

[quote name="pirate68" post="1094300" timestamp="1319587020"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=90243.msg1094123#msg1094123 date=1319574502]
[/quote]

Great game plan Soulja. Now, if only it can be executed. Ned's defense is geared for disruption.
Green is to be respected. He's the best I have seen including last year. He better get his passes off quickly because I know we are going to pressure him. Playing against Ned, you better have a good punter.

[/quote]Not very often do I agree with a Ned fan....I even believe Ned will win the DC....What I do disagree with Is PNG beating us..If you were at the Vidor/Ned game baddog you know that Vidor plays pretty good defense also...I believe our secondary matches up with any in the district.JMO

[/quote]

If I could pick the winners of every game, I'd be at the beach with my "new" friends. I think Ned wins the DC too, but if PNG beats Vidor, we can do it in front of a home crowd, not that we don't
travel well.

I was at the Vidor game and y'all have a good chance of beating PNG. It will be a close game and my pick was also influenced by wishful thinking.

Nederland, at home, playing for an outright district title which is something Neumann wants really bad. Nederland 28, Ozen 14. Ozen has some hosses and won't be denied the endzone but Nederland will roll to win district this year. I have to say I believe that Neumann is one of the best coaches in high school football and he knows how to draw up a game plan for the team he's playing. Props to him and his coaching staff. Ozen has coaching issues same as Central. No offense SoulJa.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1094718" timestamp="1319643470"]
Nederland, at home, playing for an outright district title which is something Neumann wants really bad. Nederland 28, Ozen 14. Ozen has some hosses and won't be denied the endzone but Nederland will roll to win district this year. I have to say I believe that Neumann is one of the best coaches in high school football and he knows how to draw up a game plan for the team he's playing. Props to him and his coaching staff. Ozen has coaching issues same as Central. No offense SoulJa.
[/quote]No offense at all.  It's true.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1094718" timestamp="1319643470"]
[/quote]

And what is so funny is that Neumann did not play football all that great when he was in high school.  ;)

On another note, yeah I think Nederland will beat Ozen but I also think the Pirates will beat PNG.  It will come down to who has the ball last and it will be a nail bitter!!

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1094830" timestamp="1319649888"]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90243.msg1094718#msg1094718 date=1319643470]
[/quote]

And what is so funny is that Neumann did not play football all that great when he was in high school.  ;)

On another note, yeah I think Nederland will beat Ozen but I also think the Pirates will beat PNG.  It will come down to who has the ball last and it will be a nail bitter!!
[/quote]

And Jason Garrett was a backup to Troy Aikman and look where he is at now. It's not how well you play the game, but how well you know the game. When it comes to coaching. and It is Larry's time to get him that out right district title. Dogs are gonna roll on senior night.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1094861" timestamp="1319651413"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=90243.msg1094830#msg1094830 date=1319649888]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=90243.msg1094718#msg1094718 date=1319643470]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And Jason Garrett was a backup to Troy Aikman and look where he is at now. It's not how well you play the game, but how well you know the game. When it comes to coaching. and It is Larry's time to get him that out right district title. Dogs are gonna roll on senior night.
[/quote]

And Tony Romo was a backup too, look how great that has turned out for the Cowgirls.  Gotta love Romo's 4th QTR chokes! LOL

May the best team win, that goes to all of the games played this week!

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1094869" timestamp="1319651658"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=90243.msg1094861#msg1094861 date=1319651413]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=90243.msg1094830#msg1094830 date=1319649888]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And Tony Romo was a backup too, look how great that has turned out for the Cowgirls.  Gotta love Romo's 4th QTR chokes! LOL

[/quote]

Well Yeah Romo is garbage, but I was just using that as an example about people might not play as well on the field, but they understand the game of football. Like Garrett does. I never knew how well Nuemann played when he was in school. But he understands the game of football very well.

If I'm mistaken Coach Neumann played Jr College football on Scholarship and also played for Lamar back in the 70's,  I don't know how good he was, but you have to do something on the field to play in college. I also know he is one of the most intense coaches you will find anywhere, I wouldn't want him mad at me, he gets his point across when he needs to.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1094878" timestamp="1319651945"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=90243.msg1094869#msg1094869 date=1319651658]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=90243.msg1094861#msg1094861 date=1319651413]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well Yeah Romo is garbage, but I was just using that as an example about people might not play as well on the field, but they understand the game of football. Like Garrett does. I never knew how well Nuemann played when he was in school. But he understands the game of football very well.
[/quote]

I understood what you were saying, and yes, he is a great coach. He played high school ball out of Houston at Dobie High School, he played with my father. He and my father are good friends actually. Just thought it was a funny little tid bit.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder