Top WR on SETx

mypooh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1087151" timestamp="1318971318"]
Nelson from PNG kid is like a football magnet,he makes catches being doubleteamed look unbelievable, leaves everyone in the crowd on both sides scratching their heads wondering how he caught the ball, he's just Plain rediculous with some of his circus catches. You could make a highlight reel off of all his catches. He may not be the biggest or the fastest receiver out there but I. Can assure you no one else receives as much attention from defenses than him, his nickname should be doublecovered, so what. Lol. Kid is down right amazing at times!!!
[/quote]
Just curious if you have ever seen Kelly play? After 52 catches and 650 yards as a sophomore, no WR has seen more bracket coverage than nick Schrapps over the past two seasons.  By the way, I have seen PNG play. Nelson is a really good player.

[quote name="magic" post="1087345" timestamp="1318987522"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=90008.msg1087151#msg1087151 date=1318971318]
Nelson from PNG kid is like a football magnet,he makes catches being doubleteamed look unbelievable, leaves everyone in the crowd on both sides scratching their heads wondering how he caught the ball, he's just Plain rediculous with some of his circus catches. You could make a highlight reel off of all his catches. He may not be the biggest or the fastest receiver out there but I. Can assure you no one else receives as much attention from defenses than him, his nickname should be doublecovered, so what. Lol. Kid is down right amazing at times!!!
[/quote]
Just curious if you have ever seen Kelly play? After 52 catches and 650 yards as a sophomore, no WR has seen more bracket coverage than nick Schrapps over the past two seasons.  By the way, I have seen PNG play. Nelson is a really good player.
[/quote]Put Kelly in 20 4a, Laugh out Freaking LOUD ! They would get there butts handed to them over and over and over and........... you get the picture!

That's not the question and I don't disagree.  Are you saying that Schrapps can play at north Texas, air force, Lamar, mcneese or northwesten state where he has offers but couldn't play at PNG? Why would you compare a school with 212 boys with one that has 800 or so?

[quote name="surfer73" post="1087379" timestamp="1318990490"]
[quote author=magic link=topic=90008.msg1087345#msg1087345 date=1318987522]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=90008.msg1087151#msg1087151 date=1318971318]
[/quote]
[/quote]Put Kelly in 20 4a, Laugh out Freaking LOUD ! They would get there butts handed to them over and over and over and........... you get the picture!
[/quote]

Hey genius the post is about a singular player not a whole team so maybe you should do a little more reading next time? Second how about you put reciever like Richardson, Schrapps or Jones in Nelson's spot and see what their stats would be. Last I checked those two guys (Richardson and Schrapps) are committed to play on Saturdays. Nelson is a great reciever don't get me wrong I am not attacking the kid at all. He definitely has talent.  I'm attacking posters who freak out when anyone disagrees with their opinion.

I'm not disagreeing with you, all the receivers everyone has mentioned is prob a darn good receiver, I have seen mem wide out seals ? Is that his name. He is one hell of an athlete no doubt , can take a slant to the house in a blink of the eye! But when I think receiver I'm talking about making plays out of nothing when the ball shouldnt have been caught, one handed snags, being double covered and still finding the endzone type, I wasn't just saying nelson because he is an indian, he truly is gifted. He isn't the biggest, nor is he the fastest, but he will make you respect him in some form or fashion! That's all, and that is just my opinion not meant to find an arguement.

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1089363" timestamp="1319225876"]
I'm not disagreeing with you, all the receivers everyone has mentioned is prob a darn good receiver, I have seen mem wide out seals ? Is that his name. He is one heck of an athlete no doubt , can take a slant to the house in a blink of the eye! But when I think receiver I'm talking about making plays out of nothing when the ball shouldnt have been caught, one handed snags, being double covered and still finding the endzone type, I wasn't just saying nelson because he is an indian, he truly is gifted. He isn't the biggest, nor is he the fastest, but he will make you respect him in some form or fashion! That's all, and that is just my opinion not meant to find an arguement.
[/quote]I look forward to seeing this kid in action.  he put up 'quiet' numbers last year, probably because he was overshadowed by the other Indian recievers.

[quote name="badndn" post="1089372" timestamp="1319226305"]
Nelson will also lay a DB on the ground down field in the running game. Have seen him do it on each long run Chase has had this season. Love the total package.
[/quote]A reciever that blocks downfield.  I like that!  That would be the X-Factor for good running teams. 

Don't forget Gibson at Sterling.  If he stays at receiver and learns the position, he could be a terror.
On pure athleticism alone, he's already difficult to deal with.

Sometimes it is hard to really judge across different offensive schemes and different talent levels of surrounding players.

That's how you get a guy like Bryan White ending up with a scholarship to Texas when he shouldn't have, and a guy like Jarret Dillard is a 2 star recruit that goes to Rice.

Lee has had some guys in the past that got more acclaim than they probably should have because of the offense Lee ran.  It's hard to name a Lee receiver that went on to do anything at the college level.  They were all products of the system.

Richardson, on the other hand, is really good and probably gets less acclaim than he should because of the lack of any semblance of an offensive system right now at Lee.  Stick him on a team like Katy that is able to run the ball and get the qb some time to let the routes develop, single him up out there in coverage, katy bar the door. (no pun intended)

He might need to red-shirt at A&M to learn the position, because I don't think he has gotten much instruction on how to run routes, etc.

Demarcus Collins has some skill in Jasper. Granted he has only been passed to 20 times he averages 24 yards a catch and has 6 touchdowns with 480 yards. He is the go to guy in Jasper and makes some key plays. Especially on the last drive against center. Probably not in the same league as the other people being mentioned but still deserves some recognition.

[quote name="badndn" post="1089372" timestamp="1319226305"]
Nelson will also lay a DB on the ground down field in the running game. Have seen him do it on each long run Chase has had this season. Love the total package.
[/quote]
Only saw Nelson once, against Nederland and wasn't that impressed. Can't make a claim based on one game but that night I didn't see anything spectacular.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1089442" timestamp="1319231558"]
Don't forget Gibson at Sterling.  If he stays at receiver and learns the position, he could be a terror.
On pure athleticism alone, he's already difficult to deal with.

Sometimes it is hard to really judge across different offensive schemes and different talent levels of surrounding players.

That's how you get a guy like Bryan White ending up with a scholarship to Texas when he shouldn't have, and a guy like Jarret Dillard is a 2 star recruit that goes to Rice.

Lee has had some guys in the past that got more acclaim than they probably should have because of the offense Lee ran.  It's hard to name a Lee receiver that went on to do anything at the college level.  They were all products of the system.

Richardson, on the other hand, is really good and probably gets less acclaim than he should because of the lack of any semblance of an offensive system right now at Lee.  Stick him on a team like Katy that is able to run the ball and get the qb some time to let the routes develop, single him up out there in coverage, katy bar the door. (no pun intended)

He might need to red-shirt at A&M to learn the position, because I don't think he has gotten much instruction on how to run routes, etc.
[/quote]
You are so right Panama.....most of his QB's were a product too. I think the same thing with Garrett Gilbert. He was so used to one read and throw in high school......wasn't that way at the next level.

[quote name="EX-Ceauxch" post="1090652" timestamp="1319273250"]
GoDogs27, I was there too and you're right. But Nederland had him double covered all night and the front 4 had the QB on his heels. Probably the best Def that PNG saw all year.
[/quote]
Y'all are right. Nederland covered Nelson like a blanket that night and the PNG QB was running from the rush every snap. Certainly the best defense PNG has seen so far and maybe the best defense I've seen at Nederland. Not a good showcase night for Nelson. I've had the luxury to watch him the last couple of years playing baseball and football. I understand he is a good basketball player too. Great kid and athlete. He does shine at WR though. He has made a lot of highlight reel catches, but no, not against Nederland.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1089425" timestamp="1319230901"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=90008.msg1089372#msg1089372 date=1319226305]
[/quote]A reciever that blocks downfield.  I like that!  That would be the X-Factor for good running teams.
[/quote]Blocking down field will lock it up for Nelson going to the next level...No doubt he will be there...good luck SON

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83