SILSBEE VS. BRIDGE CITY BROADCAST/BC wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1083570" timestamp="1318652397"]
[quote author=Paratrooper link=topic=89791.msg1083212#msg1083212 date=1318645707]
OUTSTANDING game by both teams
[/quote]

I would agree that Silsbee's defense played outstanding.

The offense..... [size=36pt][b]NOT!!!![/b][/size]
[/quote]

Did BC dress out in marron and white? Can't see WHY we throw 6 picks

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1083596" timestamp="1318653450"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89791.msg1083187#msg1083187 date=1318645470]
INT 6! Reed and Drake both need to sit down and figure out how not to have a game like this again. Silsbee QB's played like they didnt undertsand how to read coverage. Nice win BC.
[/quote]
Santa....the QB's actualy played well. With six interceptions I am still going to say that both QB's played just fine. 

I know that what I said might sound stupid, but if you were at the game, you would understand how they happend and why it happend. 

Can't justify 6 INT's! Tony Romo threw 4 with 2 pick 6's at the last Cowboys game I went to. Did he play a good game? Our QB has to control wanting to throw in triplle coverage. I agree both are outstanding players but poor decisions made in this game along with penalties caused SHS to lose. They couldn't help but to lose when you drive to the 2 yardnline and push your ow self pack 10 yards on penalties. Like I said Silsbee gave this game away.

I am very proud of both QB's for Silsbee tonight.  Is there work to be done....dont know about that?  [b]One small change[/b], would have solved it.
[/quote]

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1083668" timestamp="1318657641"]
I feel sorry for the Silsbee defensive players and defensive coaches. What an effort and to still lose
[/quote]

If you're feeling sorry, feel sorry for the WHOLE team.  TEAM is a single unit.  They all practice hard, they all play hard, they all share in victories and defeats.  Learn what TEAM means and quit trying to polarize the team.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1083806" timestamp="1318685348"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=89791.msg1083596#msg1083596 date=1318653450]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=89791.msg1083187#msg1083187 date=1318645470]
INT 6! Reed and Drake both need to sit down and figure out how not to have a game like this again. Silsbee QB's played like they didnt undertsand how to read coverage. Nice win BC.
[/quote]
Santa....the QB's actualy played well. With six interceptions I am still going to say that both QB's played just fine. 

I know that what I said might sound stupid, but if you were at the game, you would understand how they happend and why it happend. 

Can't justify 6 INT's! Tony Romo threw 4 with 2 pick 6's at the last Cowboys game I went to. Did he play a good game? Our QB has to control wanting to throw in triplle coverage. I agree both are outstanding players but poor decisions made in this game along with penalties caused SHS to lose. They couldn't help but to lose when you drive to the 2 yardnline and push your ow self pack 10 yards on penalties. Like I said Silsbee gave this game away.

I am very proud of both QB's for Silsbee tonight.  Is there work to be done....dont know about that?  [b]One small change[/b], would have solved it.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Knowing what you are.

Pretty way or ugly way. It is ok to be ugly and win.  Dont give up on ugly if it works or if it is who you are. 

The good thing about the Tigers is that this group of young men care.  They want to perform well.  They know they lost.  They know that they dont want that feeling again.  I dont see them laying down after this one ......Good group.

This ones on the coaches as well should have used spearman a lot more why have you backup QB come in and throw the ball like that we should be running more of a west coast type of offense especially if you run a spread and let spearman go to work as well bridge city is good no doubt but this is more of Silsbee loosing this game than bridge city winning it bad play calling penalties and poor execution could cost us the playoffs this district will not be a giving Hampshire fannet may not be that strong but they can score 61 points against hj and we go there after the west orange game so it will not be easy. I will always be a die hard tiger fan but we can't lose games like this no excuse  for the penalties at the 2 yard line on the game winning drive its just basic fundamental. Lets get it together tigers and win.

[quote name="MBaller#1" post="1083851" timestamp="1318690809"]
This ones on the coaches as well should have used spearman a lot more why have you backup QB come in and throw the ball like that we should be running more of a west coast type of offense especially if you run a spread and let spearman go to work as well bridge city is good no doubt but this is more of Silsbee loosing this game than bridge city winning it bad play calling penalties and poor execution could cost us the playoffs this district will not be a giving Hampshire fannet may not be that strong but they can score 61 points against hj and we go there after the west orange game so it will not be easy. I will always be a die hard tiger fan but we can't lose games like this no excuse  for the penalties at the 2 yard line on the game winning drive its just basic fundamental. Lets get it together tigers and win.
[/quote]

Perhaps you should learn some basic fundamentals too...It's called grammar and punctuation.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1083903" timestamp="1318693635"]
In my opinion this is the same ol book of Silsbee football. I expect 8-3 or 9-3 no further than that. The penalties scare me because this isn't week 0 or 1. 7 week in and this type of performance isnt good. Offense has struggled in the last 9 quarters.
[/quote]
They are better than 8-3.

After the loss last night 8-3 or 9-better.3 is going to be close.  We have a chance to finish the regular season 9-1 so that would make it 9-2 or 10-2.  The defense deserves better but our offense needs to get a lot  better. If that happens we could get past the second round.

Drake played his heart out. It takes some guts to play like he did. He barely came off of the field! You people are from Silsbee? All you do is put your team down and point out their flaws. Instead of bashing our players on the internet so the whole world can read it, let's applaud them for a great attempt and move on to focusing on next week. #27- you stepped up last night, and I could not be more proud of you. Great game guys, let's get 'em next week!

A few game observations....

1. Fantastic game atmosphere for football game between 2 really comparable teams. Very cleanly played game by the players, great sportsmanship and competition. Saw several guys help players up off the ground from opposing sides. All these young men were good examples of how it's done.

2. Great game for both defenses! Was really blown away that BC was able to spend so much time in the Silsbee backfield, especially with the size of Silsbee's O line. Conditioning was a big factor in this as well, BC defense was on the field ALL NIGHT and was still running around in the 4th quarter like it was the 1st.

3. Garrett Drake played a super game. He extended plays from the QB position with his speed, that guy can go. Really a shame that Reed got hurt, hope he's okay.

4. Unreal how many long 3rd down conversions Silsbee made, had to be a half dozen that were over 10 yards. That offense they ran on those plays looked like it took advantage of their talent, the field really gets big when they use their use speed and that created some wide open spaces.

5. One thing BC appeared to really take advantage of was the Senior experience at their skill positions. Menard, Dishon, Hubbard, Roberts,Clark etc have all been in those big games before and that was definitely a plus. Silsbee can look forward to having that luxury for the next several years with the young talent they posess.

6. Have to give a big thumbs up to BC defensive coaches for a great game plan. They changed their look and brought some pressure from different areas. Silsbee's coaches are to be commended as well, their defensive game plan was top notch and more than good enough to win.

In the end BC took advantage of Silsbee miscues (INT's and penalties) and a great performance from their defense. The BC offense finally did enough in the 2nd half to both score and give their defense a much needed break from the first half. Silsbee seemed like they just couldn't get the one big play that would allow them to really break it loose. The district race is wide open and nobody out there is a lock. It gets nothing but more exciting each week from here on out. Hold on, it's going to be wild ride!

Good luck to Silsbee for the rest of the season.

Rake1   

[quote name="Rake1" post="1084098" timestamp="1318704478"]
A few game observations....

1. Fantastic game atmosphere for football game between 2 really comparable teams. Very cleanly played game by the players, great sportsmanship and competition. Saw several guys help players up off the ground from opposing sides. All these young men were good examples of how it's done.

2. Great game for both defenses! Was really blown away that BC was able to spend so much time in the Silsbee backfield, especially with the size of Silsbee's O line. Conditioning was a big factor in this as well, BC defense was on the field ALL NIGHT and was still running around in the 4th quarter like it was the 1st.

[b]3. Garrett Drake played a super game. He extended plays from the QB position with his speed, that guy can go. Really a shame that Reed got hurt, hope he's okay.[/b]4. Unreal how many long 3rd down conversions Silsbee made, had to be a half dozen that were over 10 yards. That offense they ran on those plays looked like it took advantage of their talent, the field really gets big when they use their use speed and that created some wide open spaces.

5. One thing BC appeared to really take advantage of was the Senior experience at their skill positions. Menard, Dishon, Hubbard, Roberts,Clark etc have all been in those big games before and that was definitely a plus. Silsbee can look forward to having that luxury for the next several years with the young talent they posess.

6. Have to give a big thumbs up to BC defensive coaches for a great game plan. They changed their look and brought some pressure from different areas. Silsbee's coaches are to be commended as well, their defensive game plan was top notch and more than good enough to win.

In the end BC took advantage of Silsbee miscues (INT's and penalties) and a great performance from their defense. The BC offense finally did enough in the 2nd half to both score and give their defense a much needed break from the first half. Silsbee seemed like they just couldn't get the one big play that would allow them to really break it loose. The district race is wide open and nobody out there is a lock. It gets nothing but more exciting each week from here on out. Hold on, it's going to be wild ride!

Good luck to Silsbee for the rest of the season.

Rake1   
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing this out.  Drake seems to be taking the brunt of the blame for the loss.  Ashley Elam (KBMT) even stated on the Blitz that Garrett was responsible for all 6 interceptions! Not very good reporting on his part.  Garrett only threw 4 of them.  Drake plays kicker, punter, free safety and receiver.  He tries his hardest at every position, even quarterback. I am proud of our Tigers...win or lose!
Congrats BC

[quote name="ST413" post="1084069" timestamp="1318703080"]
Tiger11 Drake did play his heart out last night. He gave everything he had but we still have to improve as an offensive unit from top to bottom.
[/quote]

Yes Drake did play hard. 6 INT's from your QB's will out weigh all of that hard work. Drake led them down for the game winning score but penalties killed it. Crap happens!

It looks like they are bashing QB's.  I dont think they are.

You cant put [b]any[/b] backup QB that has as little of snaps as this one has,  and expect to be abe to toss the ball around 35 times.  I dont care how good a person or athlete he is....if you make him toss the ball that much it will hurt him and the team.  Not his fault at all.

At the begging of the year the coaches said that didnt want the Soph to feel that he has to win the game.....but they did just that to both of them last night. 

A soph with 8 years playing time as a QB or a Senior with one year of playing time as a QB.....three years ago. 

Run it!  Our QB's are fine. 

Drake is an awesome player and an even more awesome young man!  Not one Tiger player on that team wanted to lose. They all played their hearts out.  But it happens.

What I love about this year's team is they don't give up like some teams have in the past.  Keep your heads up Tigers, keep playing as a TEAM and you will be fine!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83