LIVINGSTON VS. NEDERLAND BROADCAST/Nederland wins!!

All I can say is WOW,  Way to go Dog.  I admit I thought Livingston would win this one in a close one and when the lions Qb broke that long run at the start of the game I went oh no.  But that Nederland D last night was fantastic.  Best Ive seen them play all year.  Great win Dogs and keep your eye on the prize.  Great win boys.  Keep it up.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a lunatic if you really think that the Dogs couldn't have handled Mays as well. As others have said, we have had our fair share of injuries over the past few years and even this year, but aside from that, why can't you just accept that this Nederland defense is legit? What's it gonna take to prove that to you surfer? Its ironic how this defense holds every team well under there average ppg but every week I hear haters saying "well they didn't have to face so-and-so". Just because a certain player isn't on the field, doesn't mean the nederland D couldn't contain them also. You don't have to think this Dog D is worth anything Surfer, but most teams are saying Nederland is the toughest defense they've played by far all year. Keep hating, and we'll keep winning...

You know after the Lion QB scored on the first play I'm sure the Lion fans thought he would be able to do that all night long...well the Bulldog defense made sure it did not happen, and If the injured RB "Bull" had played we would have solved him to. After all only one player at a time can have the ball and our defense lived in the backfield of the Lions..ugh.. is'nt that where Bull would have been? A little food for thought for anyone doubting this defense....next year most of it will be back with even more experience....that's scary. woof woof.

I was wondering when we would hear about Livingston playing without their RB, and how they would have won had he played. You can't just insert a missing player and say you would win. Heck, he would just be another in a line of players we put the brakes on. He couldn't be tougher to bring down than your QB. That guy is a hoss!

[quote name="baddog" post="1077363" timestamp="1318104307"]
I was wondering when we would hear about Livingston playing without their RB, and how they would have won had he played. You can't just insert a missing player and say you would win. Heck, he would just be another in a line of players we put the brakes on. He couldn't be tougher to bring down than your QB. That guy is a hoss!
[/quote]

Livingston RB Devonte Mayes

37 carries  416 yards  11.24 yds per      8 TD's

You lose that kind of production, it will hurt any team. Now, would it been the difference of Livingston winning or losing, that is all speculative. But he would have made a difference in the game, no doubt.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1077364" timestamp="1318104629"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89387.msg1077363#msg1077363 date=1318104307]
[/quote]

You lose that kind of production, it will hurt any team. Now, would it been the difference of Livingston winning or losing, that is all speculative. But he would have made a difference in the game, no doubt.
[/quote]

Corbin Carr for Nederland would have made a difference in the game too, but we didn't have him. If we lose the game last night, i don't think we make excuses for not having him on the field. Nederland has held every team they've played this year to well below their averages in ppg. Have we been full strength all year? No. No team ever is. You play with what you have available. This is not tennis or golf, it's a team sport.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1077304" timestamp="1318100019"]
You're a lunatic if you really think that the Dogs couldn't have handled Mays as well. As others have said, we have had our fair share of injuries over the past few years and even this year, but aside from that, why can't you just accept that this Nederland defense is legit? What's it gonna take to prove that to you surfer? Its ironic how this defense holds every team well under there average ppg but every week I hear haters saying "well they didn't have to face so-and-so". Just because a certain player isn't on the field, doesn't mean the nederland D couldn't contain them also. You don't have to think this Dog D is worth anything Surfer, but most teams are saying Nederland is the toughest defense they've played by far all year. Keep hating, and we'll keep winning...
[/quote]I have said that Nederlands D is the real deal after last week, and still do not think they would have held Mays as much as you think! Like I said a win is a win ! Good luck the rest of the season.

[quote name="EZDawg" post="1077372" timestamp="1318105120"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89387.msg1077364#msg1077364 date=1318104629]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Corbin Carr for Nederland would have made a difference in the game too, but we didn't have him. If we lose the game last night, i don't think we make excuses for not having him on the field. Nederland has held every team they've played this year to well below their averages in ppg. Have we been full strength all year? No. No team ever is. You play with what you have available. This is not tennis or golf, it's a team sport.
[/quote] Have not heard much about Carr.......My point is everyone on here knows that Bull was the playmaker for Livingston, and that is without someone telling me about him.

[quote name="surfer73" post="1077383" timestamp="1318106118"]
[quote author=EZDawg link=topic=89387.msg1077372#msg1077372 date=1318105120]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89387.msg1077364#msg1077364 date=1318104629]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] Have not heard much about Carr.......My point is everyone on here knows that Bull was the playmaker for Livingston, and that is without someone telling me about him.
[/quote]
You havent heard about Corbin Carr? lol youre living under a rock. But it wasnt Carr who was out, it was Koby Couron. And he wouldve made a huge difference. Carr was playing injured last night too.. Mays would not have made much of a difference. Nederland kept forcing 3rd and longs and forcing Livingston to try to throw.. Try being the operative word. Thats a big problem with one dimensional offenses..

[quote name="surfer73" post="1077383" timestamp="1318106118"]
[quote author=EZDawg link=topic=89387.msg1077372#msg1077372 date=1318105120]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Take a few moments and talk to the PNG QB, he can tell you a lot about Carr and Couron they stayed in his face all night ;D

imo bull would have made a difference last night but cannot say liv would have won. liv coach was out coached and this is what will hurt us in the playoffs. good thing about the net i was able to see ned play 3 games .each game i could see significant improvements and if they continue this nobody will want to see them in the playoffs

Mayes and our best reciever were out, that was the surprise that I was talking about Livingston having for Nederland. But we have no excues, Nederland played a perfect game and deserve the win.  Who knows they might meet again in playoffs with both teams healthy and again it will be a great game. CONGRATS to Nederland great game. 

[quote name="baddog" post="1077363" timestamp="1318104307"]
[/quote]and the thing is it isnt even livingston ppl making the excuses

[quote name="liltex" post="1077957" timestamp="1318162654"]
Re-match won't happen Trocket-Ned is big school while Liv is sm.school 8)
[/quote]Ok, thanks, guess I'll be pulling for them the rest of the way except for winning the district title as long as we have a shot at that, but will pull for them in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder