LIVINGSTON VS. NEDERLAND BROADCAST/Nederland wins!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some things that I noticed, note that I only saw the second half:

Excellent pursuit to the sidelines by the Dog D- something that has been missing for several years.

Very good open field tackles.  Also the corners are shedding thier blocks and making plays.

The offense started clicking, although not a whole lot of passing.  The 4th and 8 pass for a TD was huge.

Sorry I had a long drive home lol but I am eating my crow and Nederlands defense is awesome lol feel/know their defense made our coach call the calls they did and yall shut them down I'll tip my hat to the bull dogs and wouldnt be surprised if yall are out right district champs and make a strong push into the playoffs

[b]"No one is putting up any point totals in the 30's or 40's out of 20-4A OR 19-4A against that Nederland D.  Those kids are salty and play HARD.  I think I'm going to take Nederland in a close one. 

Nederland 23
Livingston 21"
[/b]

This was my prediction....tried to warn you guys about that Dog Defense.  ;D  Sounds like they put the brakes on an impressive offense tonight. Congrats to Big Ned on a quality win.

Keep grinding it out and stay in the "Who's Next for an @$$ Whippin'" frame of mind. If you slip up for even one week it can cost you.  BH played the flattest I've seen them play all year tonight because they got complacent.  Good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Nederland 28, Livingston 14 - Final

Nederland Overall: 5-1  District: 3-0
Livingston Overall: 5-1  District: 2-1
Boxscore
Friday October 7, 2011 7:30pm

1 2 3 4 Total
Nederland 7 0 7 14 28
Livingston 7 0 0 7 14

Scoring summary
NED -- Kendrick Hopkins 1-yard run (Jordan Wood kick), 6:52, 1st.
LIV -- Jaime Aguilar 80-yard run (Jaime Aguilar kick), 11:43, 1st.
NED -- Troy Benjamin 5-yard run (Jordan Wood kick), 4:20, 3rd.
LIV -- Antonio White 5-yard run (Jaime Aguilar kick), :54, 4th.
NED -- Michael Shaw 28-yard pass from Carson Raines (Jordan Wood kick), 7:41, 4th.
NED -- Troy Benjamin 9-yard run (Jordan Wood kick), 4:58, 4th.

Team Stats
                    Nederland    Livingston
Total yards      262                293
First downs        13                12
Rushes/Yds      38/171          46/254
Average rush    4.5              5.52
Comp/Atts      7/11/0            1/5/1
Pass yards        91                39
Comp pct        63.64              20
Punts              3                  3
Punting Yards  109                98
Punting Average 36.33          32.67
Fumbles/Lost    1/1              1/1
Penalties-yards 4-25            5-55

Way to go Bulldogs....what an awesome win! Those linebackers Wood, Stampley, and Brown did an excellent job. Wood did great coming in as the backup kicker. Offense played good, they are coming along and getting better each game. Thanks bulldogs for a great game and winning the game!

Was I the only one who saw about 4 Livingston defenders jump across the line without Nederland flinching on that play before Shaw scored in the 4th? Not sure what that was all about but anyways.. How many yards per game was Livingston averaging before tonight? I think a big turning point was Livingstons failed fake punt. Shouldve lined up under center. Also the two quick kicks by Raines were huge. Its HUGE when you win the field position battle. It was the difference in MCM and was a huge factor tonight. Congrats to the whole team tonight on a hard nosed effort. Jordan Wood stepped up both on defense and kicking. May have not been the prettiest kicks but he made all 4 and I doubt he spends much time practicing kicking. O line opened up some big holes tonight also so hats off to them. Livingston will be fine. Collins is one heckuva athlete. Good luck with the rest of district.

Great win against a really good team. Now we have i think 10 more games to win for a State Title, but I told my son the only won that matters is the next one. I think the best thing is Ned is improving each week. Just bring it to the Jags next week with that same intensity. DIDBA in the house.

Just my opinion, and it might not be worth much, but Corbin Carr should be considered the frontrunner for district MVP. The way he (and the rest of the D-line) is playing right now fundamentally alters how the opposing teams run their offense and even call plays. Livingston's OC was shellshocked last night. 

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1077045" timestamp="1318081228"]
Just my opinion, and it might not be worth much, but Corbin Carr should be considered the frontrunner for district MVP. The way he (and the rest of the D-line) is playing right now fundamentally alters how the opposing teams run their offense and even call plays. Livingston's OC was shellshocked last night.
[/quote]You also have Brett Brown 16 TACKLES IN mcm..Carr had 2 maybe 3 sacks in the same game..But last night all about team tackling ...Woods is all over the field ..You can not say enough about this D..Trevin spoke with the team yesterday and he said they were focused ..

That was a great game last night Bulldogs. Once again, the bulldog defense played a heck of a game. The linebacker Wood had a lot of tackles and a sack at a big time in the game and he came in and kicked for Ogydziak and did a great job. Offensive is looking better and better each week, what a catch by Shaw. The bulldogs really pulled off a big win!

Surfer73-

Ned played without all district defensive end Koby Couron - I am sure you remember him from last week... Also Ned was without their starting kicker as well. Injuries have not been kind to the Dogs the last several years, so not much sympathy from me. Mays would have made a difference, but so would those two guys. Injuries are part of the game and depth is important. Glad we have it this year. Livingstons major yardage came on 81 yard run first play of game and 70 yard drive in garbage time down 21 with 5 mins left. The Dogs defense dominated this game and that's no "bull".

Great WIN Dogs!!  And a big huge thank you for playing all FOUR quarters-- ;).  YOUR track record on 4th quarters and or last seconds of the game, have been more than this ole heart can take!!!!  This was one of the BEST team efforts I have seen in a long time on BOTH sides of the ball!!  Take it one game at a time BULLDOGS, you GUYS are truly awesome to watch!!!!!

[quote name="plaball89" post="1077106" timestamp="1318085337"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=89387.msg1076679#msg1076679 date=1318043677]
where are those Lions fans now.... saying they were scoring 35 or more on big Ned...lol
[/quote]
They would have if Devonte played. He had the 28 points on PNG. Could have made the score identical.
[/quote]

Don't think so. It's a team game. Good teams find a way to win when they have injuries, and Ned has their fair share of injuries and missing players too. Let's not take anything away from what these kids have accomplished. Ned was missing two starting defensive players against PNG last week. PNG was averaging 34 ppg, and Ned held them to 21. Same with B. Hill, Vidor, and WOS. Held all of them well under their ppg for the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa