Galena Park vs. Dayton Game Thread/Dayton wins!

WOSgrad

1&10 at Dayton 1 - Dayton ball - Jumbo qb sneak for 2 to the 3
2&8 - qb sneak will end the game.....

Final Dayton 37 - GP 13

Ugly game but got the job done!  Defense played much better but still need to work on tackling.  Offensive line really needs some work to get the running game going.  O/W good game boys.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1070505" timestamp="1317437865"]
Watching this game was like drinking flat diet coke.  [b]Broncos need to get the fire back.[/b]
[/quote]

YOU SURE RIGHT P4E. OVERALL DID A NICE JOB BUT EVEN THE START OF THE GAME YOU START MCBRIDE IN DA SLOT ??? DA BRONX NOT MIXING IT UP ON O AND NOT TACKLING ON D. STILL GOT ALONG WAYS TO GO. ONE THING I DID NOTICE TONIGHT WAS HOW YOUNG THE TEAM REALLY IS. I KNOW THE JV DRESSED OUT DUE TO THE RAIN OUT BUT MOST OF THE NIGHT I COUNTED ABOUT 4 SENIORS ON THA FIELD AT A TIME. THATS GOOD FOR NEXT YEAR BUT THIS YEAR  :-X. GP WAS A GOOD TEAM AND THEIR DE IS A BEAST. DA BRONX DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO TO GET A W AND GET SOME CONFIDENCE BACK.  ;D 

Good game but still to many missed tackles and never getting pressure on the qb.Secondary outside the long td pass played lights out w/4 pics.#2 with 2 int. and 1 a pic 6.Got to convert more 3rd dwn plays on drives.Screen to Mc Bride was available every play as another posted GP was bringing da pressure every dwn.

Overall  good performance by the Bronxo's ! Glalena Park had some some athletes their front line was pushing us around like teddy bears. With our QB & reciever core we would be State bound with their linemen. Intensity was up with some young players on defense breaking out the wood. Got to give the game ball to our QB for fending off pressure all night and making some great passes , not to mention great catches by our recievers .

Sure glad their running back was out hope its nothing serious for his sake I think it might have been a little closer with him in there. Man to start the game on offense I only saw 2 senoirs I think and saw some freshman get some playing time future looks bright for bronx. Defense still needs some work gave up over 300yds offense luckily gp kept turning it over but a win is a win. Oh yeah #33 is the best defensive player I have seen this year

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1070818" timestamp="1317465257"]
Overall  good performance by the Bronxo's ! Glalena Park had some some athletes their front line was pushing us around like teddy bears. With our QB & reciever core we would be State bound with their linemen. Intensity was up with some young players on defense breaking out the wood. [b]Got to give the game ball to our QB[/b] for fending off pressure all night and making some great passes , not to mention great catches by our recievers .
[/quote]
I would have to give it to Sullivan (#2) 2 picks - 1 for a TD and a fumble recovery - and for layin the wood all night! Great game son!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1070843" timestamp="1317470615"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=89111.msg1070818#msg1070818 date=1317465257]
Overall  good performance by the Bronxo's ! Glalena Park had some some athletes their front line was pushing us around like teddy bears. With our QB & reciever core we would be State bound with their linemen. Intensity was up with some young players on defense breaking out the wood. [b]Got to give the game ball to our QB[/b] for fending off pressure all night and making some great passes , not to mention great catches by our recievers .
[/quote]
I would have to give it to Sullivan (#2) 2 picks - 1 for a TD and a fumble recovery - and for layin the wood all night! Great game son!
[/quote]I am with you Hawkeye--Sullivan had a game that he will remember the rest of his life---great job!

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1070843" timestamp="1317470615"]
[quote author=jayhawk link=topic=89111.msg1070818#msg1070818 date=1317465257]
[/quote]
[/quote] Ok, Herrera  "O" game ball & Sullivan "D" game ball !  And #33 for GP for being the baddest beast on the field !

Dont forget #30 SOPH Brandon McBride (BEAST) MY LITTL PONYs little brother. Kid flyin around making "open field tackles" on special teams and a couple good runs / catches and DBL D (soph) making about 7 solo takles from the ILB spot. The team is young but gettin some good experience  ;)

Guest octfeb
[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="1071088" timestamp="1317492368"]
Dont forget #30 SOPH Brandon McBride (BEAST) MY LITTL PONYs little brother. Kid flyin around making "open field tackles" on special teams and a couple good runs / catches and DBL D (soph) making about 7 solo takles from the ILB spot. The team is young but gettin some good experience  ;)
[/quote] Yeah couple of us were looking at each other when they said Brandon McBride.. We were, hmm that must be the lil ponies younger brother...

Guest octfeb
[quote name="bronco pride" post="1071152" timestamp="1317496384"]
Thought he was a freshman
[/quote]I don't know what grade he is in. Must be some them changes in personnel that was being mentioned on here.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1071152" timestamp="1317496384"]
Thought he was a freshman
[/quote]

Thats the "BABY" McBride......... Think of this  ??? Next year Varsity could look like this.....Starting RB Ryan McBride "MY LITTL PONY" / starting OLB/DB/WR Brandon McBride "BEAST" / starting QB/DB/WR Kyle McBride "BABY MAC".........Told mamma McBride the other day keep em comin cause dem boys can play  ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder