BUNA VS. NEWTON BROADCAST/Newton wins!

WOSgrad

[quote name="Backwoods" post="1065107" timestamp="1316885755"]
[quote author=GATA link=topic=88666.msg1065049#msg1065049 date=1316883239]
like i said on another thread, buna would come out swinging and they did, also said they would get shutdown, and they did, i look for buna to take 2nd in district no problem
[/quote]

Anahuac may not agree. ;D
[/quote]
And EC either.  8)

That game was a tale of 2 halfs. First half the Cougars went toe for toe with the Eagles and did a great job holding their own. Second Half was a totally different story! The Cougar players continued to play hard, but i and many others believe that their Coaches had just as much fault, if not more in their loss.  It seemed that the Eagles knew the plays that the Cougars were going to play before they came out of the huddle. To keep running L. Williams up the middle NUMEROUS times when trying to play catch up, just baffles the S--t out of me. Newton did a great job of containing and stopping Williams, but no or very little adjustments were made to try something else. Running to the outside was thrown out of the play book, it was tried only a few times, and each time the Cougars gained decent yards, but then they would go back to running Williams again. Now don't get me wrong, Williams is a very strong runner and he is the work horse, but the teams in district know that and will game plan to stop him.  The Cougars do have the speed to get around the outside in Burch and Lopez. It is time for the Cougars to open up the playbook or maybe borrow one from another team and have some different plays. So that when Williams is being stopped , then maybe they will have something else to throw at them.

[quote name="BCoogs" post="1065151" timestamp="1316888703"]
That game was a tale of 2 halfs. First half the Cougars went toe for toe with the Eagles and did a great job holding their own. Second Half was a totally different story! The Cougar players continued to play hard, but i and many others believe that their Coaches had just as much fault, if not more in their loss.  It seemed that the Eagles knew the plays that the Cougars were going to play before they came out of the huddle. To keep running L. Williams up the middle NUMEROUS times when trying to play catch up, just baffles the S--t out of me. Newton did a great job of containing and stopping Williams, but no or very little adjustments were made to try something else. Running to the outside was thrown out of the play book, it was tried only a few times, and each time the Cougars gained decent yards, but then they would go back to running Williams again. Now don't get me wrong, Williams is a very strong runner and he is the work horse, but the teams in district know that and will game plan to stop him.  The Cougars do have the speed to get around the outside in Burch and Lopez. It is time for the Cougars to open up the playbook or maybe borrow one from another team and have some different plays. So that when Williams is being stopped , then maybe they will have something else to throw at them.
[/quote]

So we lose a game and blame it on the coaches. Newton's Offense and defense deserve most of the blame.  You met a better, more talented team.Your team played hard and is well coached. You lost. It happens to one team every game. Face up to it and use it as a learning tool. Good luck. We're pulling for you the rest of the way.

What i will face up to is knowing that it is time for new coaches in Buna. The kids that are on the team are as talented as Newton, but one thing u said that was correct was that the Cougars were OUTCOACHED. Newton is a good team, heck i predicted that yall would win by 14 before the game even started, but i did not make that prediction because of the players on the team but because of the Coaches. Sure there were mistakes by players during the game, that will happen, but it is the Coaches job to make adjustments, to make changes if what they are trying to run isn't not working, TO COACH.  which i am sure Newton did the week prior to the game, at halftime and during the game. The Buna players played hard, they ran what they were told to run. Newton played well also, hope them the best the rest of the season.

[quote name="BCoogs" post="1065402" timestamp="1316906188"]
What i will face up to is knowing that it is time for new coaches in Buna. The kids that are on the team are as talented as Newton, but one thing u said that was correct was that the Cougars were OUTCOACHED. Newton is a good team, heck i predicted that yall would win by 14 before the game even started, but i did not make that prediction because of the players on the team but because of the Coaches. Sure there were mistakes by players during the game, that will happen, but it is the Coaches job to make adjustments, to make changes if what they are trying to run isn't not working, TO COACH.  which i am sure Newton did the week prior to the game, at halftime and during the game. The Buna players played hard, they ran what they were told to run. Newton played well also, hope them the best the rest of the season.
[/quote]
WoW Are as talented.... O ok..

I think we stuck with what has worked for us all year long, smashmouth football, run it right at you and Newton, well coached, shut it down for the most part.  Williams still got his yards, not as many as he has, but this was the best team we will face all year long.  That being said, Lopez and Burch both were able to get to the ends a few times and pick up good yardage.  I was hoping we would go back to that more often than the pass.  Newtons secondary was just too fast and closed in on every pass that was thrown almost picking off a couple balls.  As far as coaches, I am fully behind them as everyone else should be.  But if you are going to blame someone, I am sure the coaches would rather you blame them long before the players.  The truth of the matter is that after last weeks miracle finish, anything less than a W, was going to be a let down.  Starting district play with Newton is a terrible draw anyway, they are a contender if not champion every season.  Coogs, you played hard and never gave up.  Keep up the good work and the playoffs will be yours again!  GO COUGARS!!!

What I saw was a better offense than our defense.  Had we played defense like we did the week before, it would have been a very painful game.  Buna made some very obvious changes during the week(good job coaches and players.)  It's about trying to get better, and Buna did.  I am sure Newton thinks they didn't do as well as they could either, it  was clear in the second half they were confident they were in control and really tried to blow Buna out but failed.  It seems Buna has begun to open the play book up more this year, passing when we would normally run.  First half our offense held up to the pressure from newton defense, it just was too much in second half to sustain(good job Newton).  I thought the boys did well considering  this is essentially the first real defense they have faced.  I am excited to see what adjustments get made this week and am hopeful we build on all the good things we are doing now.  Clearly Twine #5 is a step ahead of most the talent out there @2A level but it seems like we have a handful (4-6) of hardworking young men clipping at his heals. We have playmakers out there this year, and it sure if fun to watch.  Good luck boys, it will be no surprise if you guys go beyond district this year.

[quote name="bruno994" post="1066548" timestamp="1317046499"]
I think we stuck with what has worked for us all year long, smashmouth football, run it right at you and Newton, well coached, shut it down for the most part.  Williams still got his yards, not as many as he has, but this was the best team we will face all year long.  That being said, Lopez and Burch both were able to get to the ends a few times and pick up good yardage.  I was hoping we would go back to that more often than the pass.  Newtons secondary was just too fast and closed in on every pass that was thrown almost picking off a couple balls.  As far as coaches, I am fully behind them as everyone else should be.  But if you are going to blame someone, I am sure the coaches would rather you blame them long before the players.  The truth of the matter is that after last weeks miracle finish, anything less than a W, was going to be a let down.  Starting district play with Newton is a terrible draw anyway, they are a contender if not champion every season.  Coogs, you played hard and never gave up.  Keep up the good work and the playoffs will be yours again!  GO COUGARS!!!
[/quote]

Good post to some extent. Wrong about Newton and "blow outs." Newton coaches have always been against that. Some teams are bad enough that any thing crosses the goal line.  8)

Softball2011-------- If the Eagles Coaches had tried to " Blow Buna Out " in the second half of Friday Nights Game it would have happened. You really think that Buna's "D" gave up 60 points to Hemphill one week and then bowed up to hold back Newton's "O" the next, not likely. Once Newton's Coaches sensed that the game was in hand, the substitutions began and the playbook changed, no blowout was attempted or You would have known it.

'

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder