Channelview Falcons......

SFA85

Guest UHCoog14
Boys athlete of the week:

Channelview's Terrell Williams
By JENNY DIAL, Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle

Terrell Williams, Channelview

Notable: The running back/wide receiver had nine receptions for 122 yards and one touchdown. He also had 21 carries for 172 yards in the Falcons' win over Friendswood on Saturday.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1060435" timestamp="1316436996"]
Boys athlete of the week:

Channelview's Terrell Williams
By JENNY DIAL, Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle

Terrell Williams, Channelview

Notable: The running back/wide receiver had nine receptions for 122 yards and one touchdown. He also had 21 carries for 172 yards in the Falcons' win over Friendswood on Saturday.
[/quote]

I would have given it to Hurts, the QB.  38-48, 570-580 yds, 7tds...

Eagle07's alma mater.........Falcon pride !!!

[quote name="bambam33" post="1059731" timestamp="1316355827"]
IF you watched them play the first game of the season, they did not have Pounds at QB. He can throw the pill and most of the pass plays are on PA. K Park sets up the pass with the run. I loved watching them play and impressed. HUM you are absolutely correct, IFFFFFFFFF you eliminate mistakes. IMO thats discipline and covering up the dang football. If it's a problem now, not sure they wake up in the morning and fumble-itis fixes itself. Man you supposed to be on the 5A forum. Whatcha doing over here? lol
[/quote]

I watched the Channelview game and the Mag West game.  Pounds was in, and shows a great arm....with no accuracy.  KPARK isn't as fast as they were last year, and its one of the reasons that Optionesque spread won't work against teams with superior speed.  Mag West managed to score 40+ points on Kpark, after they wore down their d-line....which is slow and undersized.

In terms of Humble eliminating the mistakes, if you look at all the fumbles that have occurred thus far...is most due to inexperience of the RB spot.    Starting RB jerkalyn Holliday is 5'9 165lbs speed demon, but the truth of it all is that he is still a first year varsity RB.  He played WR last year, and mostly in a back up role.  He isn't exactly built to get hard yards, and having guys that are 6'2 230lbs attacking you is going to lead to some undesirable outcomes.  He hasn't had to face that.  His longest run last year was a 95 yard TD run, on a play he didn't even get touched on becomes he simply torched the defense with his speed.  He doesn't have the luxury of a tested O-Line at this point in the season.    I also believe its a coaching adjustment...Holliday has to split his carries with a bigger back, and DB/RB Zac Miles showed himself to be just that in the Sterling game...at 5'10 185lbs he posses the strength and speed to provide a much needed power running game.    We lost Holliday in week 2 to a shoulder injury, he returned for dobie and preformed very green. He got the majority of the carries, and showed that he simply isn't experienced enough and perhaps big enough to take the load on all by himself.  He will get better, and so will our mistakes.    Nothing i saw indicated that these mistakes were more then just young player mistakes, and some mental errors (attempted pitches).

Humble will win this district, and i don't think its really going to be close.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83