SFA vs HBU

rip2506

Hard fought defensive battle.. this game for the first half was a chess match. Looked like a well played game if you like possession patient soccer. ( my favorite Barcelona Style) Move the ball close to the net then strike.. both teams were doing a very nice job. Half ended at 0-0 with Shots on goal favoring SFA 4-3.

Second half I think SFA depth made the difference it was a hot day and both teams began to tire. SFA scored early making it 1-0. Then piled on two goals late making it look lopsided at 3-0... but it really never was... Natalie Hagar had me nervous until the whistle blew because you knew she could strike at any time and swing the momentum. She narrowly missed a shot in the first half that would have gave HBU a 1-0 lead.

Well played game by both teams.

Zuri started for the first time and played the entire first half.. she confessed later that she was looking toward the sideline for a sub... she said she was spent. Box score said she played a career high 90 minutes.. but I know that was not accurate because she was getting treatment on her foot (Blisters) for at least 20 plus minutes of the second half. I would give her 70 minutes generously. She is getting better each week and playing more and that is a good thing for POPS!

HBU has a good team and could easily make a good showing in the SLC.

Good luck on the rest of the season Natalie and DoctorDave.

Dave how was the video from home?

[quote name="DoctorDave" post="1055408" timestamp="1315851547"]
"Dave how was the video from home?"

We lost on the video, too/  ;)

It was a very good way to watch without having to travel.
[/quote]

That's good to hear.. someone I spoke to said they were trying to watch a game online and it was not very good.. it may have had something to do with the speed of their computer. We have a game in San Antonio on a Friday then in San Marcos on that Sunday.. I think I will try watching the UTSA game from home to save the mileage and catch the San Marcos game in person.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="stori" post="1067869" timestamp="1317161032"]
I don't know if you want to miss that UTSA game...read the rundown on their game with Prairie View and I think it is a tough team!  Beat Prairie View 7-0 . I think! Bianca doing her best....maybe you can get a good view online.
[/quote]

Thanks Stori.. and I am a hugely committed soccer fan and parent.. but I do not want to drive ( re-translation... wife want let me) to San Antonio for a 7pm game that will last til 9 ish hang out til ten, then drive home get home between 2am and 3am.. get up at 6:30 to be at work for 7:30 and work til 6:30pm go home go to bed to  get up at 6:30 to drive back to San Marcos for a 1pm game.  The wife says NO DEAL!

I will go out on a limb here and say that SFA will win this game, no problem... Zuri is coming off the bench for 30 minutes a game.
She is a two time TAPPS Div 1 district 3 player of the year. The only player to be a two time first team all-state selection from a very talented Kelly soccer team... SFA is stacked ! and will dominate the SLC for years to come. If you do not believe me ask Neresa Taylor.. she will tell you.. she had to sit through a very agonizing loss of her alma mater UTEP to SFA for the first time she could remember in recent history as well as the taking down of TCU which  has never happened  either... this is not your Grand pa's SFA.... they are good.. very good.  based on there performance against Baylor which I did see in person.. I think they could hold their on in the Big 12 as well.

Goals against for like opponents SFA gave up 4 while UTSA gave up 10.

UTSA scored 4 goals on like opponents ( 3 on UTEP) while SFA only mustered 2

It appears that  UTSA has no problem scoring only a problem stopping their opponents from scoring... That spells a big night for Kylie Louw, Chelsea Raymond and Laura Sadler to name a few.

Against Baylor they gave up 5  SFA 2
Against UTEP they gave up 3  SFA 0
SMU was a wash both teams gave up 2 goals.

I pick SFA 4-2

And the more I talk about it I may just have to drive and watch it in person. ;D  Zuri will not start this game.. after starting in her last 3 of 4.. the girl she replaced is back from injury and ready to go

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder