COLDSPRING VS. CROCKETT BROADCAST/Coldspring wins!

WOSgrad

I agree. Keeping within 30 points of coldsprings is just not something anyone in their district will be able to do. Liberty will likely make a playoff run this year, and they do look much better this year than in previous ones.. But that being said, they haven't played any strong teams yet. They're hanging 40 points every week on teams, but the same teams are being pushed all over the field by local 1A's and 2A's also. (talented small schools, but small schools nonetheless)
That being said, I don't know of many local 4A teams that could stay on the field with Coldspring this year.  (I'll probably get blasted for that but it's my opinion)
Good luck Trojans. Bring that title back to setx this year! 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=blue]Liberty is looking good. A effective offense and a stingy defense.  I have a few Libery county folks filling me in on the Liberty games and couple with the box scores I seriously believe that Liberty is a serious option to win district. Wouldn't that be something that Liberty AND Dayton win their respective districts.[/color][/quote]

I hope your boss doesn't know your screen name or you might get tested for cause on Monday. ;D

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1053875" timestamp="1315641322"]
I agree. Keeping within 30 points of coldsprings is just not something anyone in their district will be able to do. Liberty will likely make a playoff run this year, and they do look much better this year than in previous ones.. But that being said, they haven't played any strong teams yet. They're hanging 40 points every week on teams, but the same teams are being pushed all over the field by local 1A's and 2A's also. (talented small schools, but small schools nonetheless)
That being said, I don't know of many local 4A teams that could stay on the field with
Coldspring this year.  (I'll probably get blasted for that but it's my opinion)

I think your absolutely right about that.  Livingston is ranked number 2 in that Setx poll and I think we could beat them in a head to head match up.  I'm very excited about our chances this year. If Liberty thinks they can get us they will get their shot.
[/quote]

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1054409" timestamp="1315701474"]
I don't think they would.  They do have a bigger squad, but I think we could take them down
[/quote]

I just wish Kirbyville would get their act together and play u guys again. I give Kirbyville 2 more years and they will be extremly loaded. Our 7th and 8th grade kids are pure RAW talent!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1055146" timestamp="1315809537"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=87935.msg1054409#msg1054409 date=1315701474]
I don't think they would.  They do have a bigger squad, but I think we could take them down
[/quote]

I just wish Kirbyville would get their act together and play u guys again. I give Kirbyville 2 more years and they will be extremly loaded. Our 7th and 8th grade kids are pure RAW talent!
[/quote]I wished Kville had something to put there act together with, they will be hard pressed to win a game all year, get over the whipping you took and move on, if you can't, you might need to seek therapy, there's a really good Dr. in Coldspring named Dr. Barbay, he might be able to squeeze you in right after he's done seeing the coach from Crockett this morning!

[quote name="The_Hatch" post="1053875" timestamp="1315641322"]
That being said, I don't know of many local 4A teams that could stay on the field with Coldspring this year.  (I'll probably get blasted for that but it's my opinion)
[/quote]
Dayton would destroy Coldspring and they are in the area and they are 4A so yes there are local 4A teams that can compete.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1054088" timestamp="1315672745"]
Being from the Liberty/Dayton area and have predicted correct on every game that Ive made predictions on,I predict that Liberty wont win their district and Dayton wont win theirs either. Coldspring and Barbers Hill will win their districts
[/quote]
Coldspring/Liberty and then Dayton, BH won't compete again.

[quote name="Swag" post="1055298" timestamp="1315842585"]
Dayton would destroy Coldspring and they are in the area and they are 4A so yes there are local 4A teams that can compete.
[/quote]

Destroy? How so? Pure speculation at best....BTW, there is alot of difference between competing, winning a close game, and destroying a team...

[quote name="MEM" post="1055552" timestamp="1315864810"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=87935.msg1055298#msg1055298 date=1315842585]
[/quote]

Destroy? How so? Pure speculation at best....BTW, there is alot of difference between competing, winning a close game, and destroying a team...
[/quote]
I say that because I've watched Coldspring play 6 years in a row, and I have made at least 2 Dayton games a year for a good 10 years, and yes CS is a VERY good team, but Dayton is on a different level, for instance CS beat WOS 41-36 in 09 and Dayton beat them 28-0 in 2010, Chad Alled DB for Lamar was CS star QB for a few years, well Dayton's star QB was Cody Green QB, Tulsa. A.J Dugat WR Dayton, state record for receptions in a season played at UH, those are the past teams that would have beat them, now if you're referring to this season only, Dayton beat a 5A team in Elkins, so not only are they a local 4A team they are a local 4A powerhouse. They have a Senior QB who took over his Sophomore year and took them deep into the playoffs, along with very many other players, lots of depth, and yes CS is good but being a small 3A they just don't have the depth to play with Dayton.

[quote name="Swag" post="1055299" timestamp="1315842659"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87935.msg1054088#msg1054088 date=1315672745]
Being from the Liberty/Dayton area and have predicted correct on every game that Ive made predictions on,I predict that Liberty wont win their district and Dayton wont win theirs either. Coldspring and Barbers Hill will win their districts
[/quote]
[/quote]
  We will see about BH and Dayton later on in the season.As far as Liberty is concerned there is no way they could compete with any of these three schools.Dayton would have nothing but problems with Coldspring.Dayton is not as good as some would speculate.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1056125" timestamp="1315942170"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=87935.msg1055299#msg1055299 date=1315842659]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87935.msg1054088#msg1054088 date=1315672745]
[/quote]
[/quote]
  We will see about BH and Dayton later on in the season.As far as Liberty is concerned there is no way they could compete with any of these three schools.Dayton would have nothing but problems with Coldspring.Dayton is not as good as some would speculate.
[/quote]
I didn't say Liberty could guy, and I have seen Dayton and Coldspring I'm not assuming anything it is very clear that Dayton would win this match up do you seriously think a 4A team that goes deep in the playoffs consistently can't beat CS a very small 3A team who went to state last year but never got past 3 rounds previously in recent years? It wasn't long ago when Dayton did the same but in 4A.

It is a different mentality in Trojan land these days.  The year before the state finals we should have went much deeper.  The kids have really bought into what Coach Barbay is preaching.  I don't know if we could beat Dayton because of depth.  You can believe one thing we would give them all they want and then some.  In 96 we went down and played LaMarque after they had won State and yeah they beat us because they had like 100 guys to our 30.  We gave them all they wanted though and they knew it.  I don't think Dayton is as tough as they were.  So your just way off to say they would crush us. 

[quote name="SetX6" post="1056499" timestamp="1315965455"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87935.msg1056125#msg1056125 date=1315942170]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I didn't say Liberty could guy, and I have seen Dayton and Coldspring I'm not assuming anything it is very clear that Dayton would win this match up do you seriously think a 4A team that goes deep in the playoffs consistently can't beat CS a very small 3A team who went to state last year but never got past 3 rounds previously in recent years? It wasn't long ago when Dayton did the same but in 4A.
[/quote]  I didnt say Coldspring would win for sure,nothing is for sure in high school football. What I said was that Dayton would have problems against Coldspring.This team of Dayton's is not a team that will go far in the playoffs this year and Coldspring will probably go at least to the quarter finals.I would love to see this match up. 8)

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1056621" timestamp="1316004835"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=87935.msg1056499#msg1056499 date=1315965455]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87935.msg1056125#msg1056125 date=1315942170]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]  I didnt say Coldspring would win for sure,nothing is for sure in high school football. What I said was that Dayton would have problems against Coldspring.This team of Dayton's is not a team that will go far in the playoffs this year and Coldspring will probably go at least to the quarter finals.I would love to see this match up. 8)
[/quote]
Dayton AND Livingston would both have their way with Coldspring, Barbay is a good coach so he will understand he can't hang and hopefully manage the clock if they were to play, that way they don't get beat as bad. Dayton has beated 2 5A teams and barely lost to a good 5A team, CS has 503 kids and these 5A teams that Dayton beat has that many kids in their football programs lol.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1060366" timestamp="1316402924"]
[quote author=TexasMinuteman link=topic=87935.msg1056621#msg1056621 date=1316004835]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=87935.msg1056499#msg1056499 date=1315965455]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Dayton AND Livingston would both have their way with Coldspring, Barbay is a good coach so he will understand he can't hang and hopefully manage the clock if they were to play, that way they don't get beat as bad. Dayton has beated 2 5A teams and barely lost to a good 5A team, CS has 503 kids and these 5A teams that Dayton beat has that many kids in their football programs lol.
[/quote]

Dayton lost to angelton (sp) and they are 4a not 5a.

[quote name="LP0175" post="1053843" timestamp="1315635447"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=87935.msg1053749#msg1053749 date=1315628772]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=87935.msg1053565#msg1053565 date=1315623689]
I don't know if Coldspring has heard but Liberty 42 New Caney Porter 7 Final. District Champs???
[/quote]

You honestly think Liberty is in the same league as Coldspring this year?
[/quote]

Liberty is looking good. A effective offense and a stingy defense.  I have a few Libery county folks filling me in on the Liberty games and couple with the box scores I seriously believe that Liberty is a serious option to win district. Wouldn't that be something that Liberty AND Dayton win their respective districts.
Okay Liberty is no where close to Coldspring, they will never win against us. We are strong fast and accurate, defense cant hold us and your offense cant score on us.
[/quote]

I never said Liberty would beat CS these ignorant people said that no 4a teams in the area could beat Coldspring when Dayton and Livingston both would. Now I understand that like most people on this site you want to change the subject and attack another team when you have been proven wrong, and I believe whoever said no 4a teams in the area can beat CS is wrong so ofcourse now we find out where everyone is from and bash there teams lol, CS doesn't go back to state in 2011 and can't beat Dayton period.

[quote name="AOO7" post="1061190" timestamp="1316529263"]
I never said Liberty would beat CS these ignorant people said that no 4a teams in the area could beat Coldspring when Dayton and Livingston both would. Now I understand that like most people on this site you want to change the subject and attack another team when you have been proven wrong, and I believe whoever said no 4a teams in the area can beat CS is wrong so ofcourse now we find out where everyone is from and bash there teams lol, CS doesn't go back to state in 2011 and can't beat Dayton period.
[/quote] Okay Coldspring is certainly going back to State and we will win. Dayton aint got nothing on Coldspring, look on max preps whos ranked higher? i believe Coldspring. Thanks ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami