Jeff Matthews....best Athletic Director in 20-4A

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1052613" timestamp="1315583179"]
Ok, guys.  Settle down a little with the talk about these coaches.  They are both good coaches and will have their respective teams ready for district. 
[/quote]

Amen, lets give these coaches and teams the respect they deserve they work hard and I know that both coach Neumann and coach Mathews have been coaching in their respective communities along time and they wouldn't be there if they didn't love those kids. I don't know about other posters sentiments, but i feel they have both earned the right to be called[b] coach[/b]

Ok guys relax and dont get so defensive. 75% of my posts were just to get you riled up a bit. I am really not as 'childish' as it may seem other than trying to get a spark going. I know what kind of positive influence Matthews has had on Vidor, and I sincerely believe he is doing a lot to get that program turned around and heading in the right direction. Again, I do not like him on the field. There is a fine line between passionate and over the top, but he sounds like a helluva coach, AD, and person in general.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1052666" timestamp="1315586991"]
Ok guys relax and dont get so defensive. 75% of my posts were just to get you riled up a bit. I am really not as 'childish' as it may seem other than trying to get a spark going. I know what kind of positive influence Matthews has had on Vidor, and I sincerely believe he is doing a lot to get that program turned around and heading in the right direction. Again, I do not like him on the field. There is a fine line between passionate and over the top, but he sounds like a helluva coach, AD, and person in general.
[/quote]

I am not from Vidor but I have known Jeff Mathews for 30+ years and he is one heck of a man, father, son, community leader, athletic director and football coach. The world would be a lot better place if there were more people like him. I have watched Vidor from afar and what he has done to that athletic program is incredible.

As for as Jeff's actions on the field I promise you he isn't attempting to be anyone else but himself and he will fight tooth and nail for his kids.

It is typical of someone from Nederland to hijack a thread meant for a positive comment from Vidor supporter praising their AD and having to add their two cents in about Nederland.

Larry Neumann is a great man too but can't you guys start another thread if you want to talk about him?

I started the thread solely to talk about Jeff. There would be a river of tears if we lost him; when Bridge City came courting a few years back you could see the true Pirate fans sweating bullets. And Jeff hires solid coaches who share his philosophy of kids first, everything else is second. He'll get his victories on the field and [b]ONE OF THEM WILL BE NEDERVILLE THIS YEAR![/b]!! By the way, Brian English is a friend of mine and I cried a river of tears when we lost him..... Neumann is a great football coach but this thread is about being an Athletic Director. I will make that comparison anytime and twice on Sunday.....Jeff wins easily.

[quote name="robanadana" post="1053639" timestamp="1315625081"]
I started the thread solely to talk about Jeff. There would be a river of tears if we lost him; when Bridge City came courting a few years back you could see the true Pirate fans sweating bullets. And Jeff hires solid coaches who share his philosophy of kids first, everything else is second. He'll get his victories on the field and [b]ONE OF THEM WILL BE NEDERVILLE THIS YEAR![/b]!! By the way, Brian English is a friend of mine and I cried a river of tears when we lost him..... Neumann is a great football coach but this thread is about being an Athletic Director. I will make that comparison anytime and twice on Sunday.....Jeff wins easily.
[/quote]

If Jeff ever wants to come to Nederland, he will be welcomed with open arms. We could use an AD.

Get over yourself bigred.. We've all said positive thingsabout jeff. What else would you like? A cake? Balloons? Nobody 'hijacked' this thread but the vidor people who started the bantering back and forth. I don't need to start a thread about Neumann. His resume speaks for itself. Nobody is saying Jeff is a bad person, so get them untwisted..

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1051775" timestamp="1315464955"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=87856.msg1051771#msg1051771 date=1315464234]
As for that fighting racist stigma thing, again i apologize for crosby a couple years ago the school board handled that situation horribly.
[/quote]
Lol and we thought yall were just scared  ::)  :o  ;D jk jk
[/quote]

I mean its not like we scheduled a cupcake instead of you... we scheduled Dawson. ... their realistically good i'd say.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1054497" timestamp="1315707623"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=87856.msg1051775#msg1051775 date=1315464955]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=87856.msg1051771#msg1051771 date=1315464234]
As for that fighting racist stigma thing, again i apologize for crosby a couple years ago the school board handled that situation horribly.
[/quote]
Lol and we thought yall were just scared  ::)  :o  ;D jk jk
[/quote]

I mean its not like we scheduled a cupcake instead of you... we scheduled Dawson. ... their realistically good i'd say.
[/quote]
Yeah that is true lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder