Dayton Needs Band

SETEXFan

OMG get off the band's back, the band directors back, etc. etc. etc. The football team can play without the band, half the people from dayton leave the stands when the band's are performing anyway, so why now is it a big freaking deal,,, just trying to stir the pot

dayton is still going to kick some booty without thier band. heck i know when my parents go to games they hate listening to the band. they play the same crap over and over again. i guess since all bands just practice thier competitions during the games really shows how much they support the team. Anyways hope the band has fun in chicago!

Guest Uncle Rico

To Whom it may Concern

Please move this topic out of the HS Football Talk forum. i would not want visitor to this site to get the wrong idea. I mean what's next? Are we going to start breaking down the match ups between the Fightin Wildcat band of Kirbyville vs the Rambin Wreck Woodwinds of Sweeny?

Please

For anybody that has a child in the band, or helps the band in various ways, or is a band director, I promise you that the football games would not be anywhere as much fun if you guys werent there. Its probably a thankless job but we all enjoy the bands even if we dont say so.

I think it's a bad idea to bad mouth the bands. I know ours works hard even with the small numbers and other students constantly mouthing at them. I can't read music, so I don't try to be in the band. Just because a kid is not an athlete doesn't mean their bad or anything. I know our three girls on flags have done like four or five different routines this year just to try to change the routine up a bit. The band spends hours doing the one routine only to hear all this griping. It's not fair. Those who are talking should play in the band or shut up. JUST MY OPINION as a student in the stands, but the game would be a lot more boring without the band playing in the stands and pep rallies would be TOTALLY lacking w/o the band. I say lay off the bands, they put up with enough as is. It's easy to be in a "cool" program like football not so easy to be a teenage in a "not cool" program.

Guest PurplePride
:D Go WHcrew! Maybe I have too much rythm in me.......but I jam the entire game! I have seen them practicing while the poor football guys are out there working their tails off too! Nothing like the Star Spangled Banner, the School Song and then the Football Theme Song being blared out! I know, had a child on the football team that worked his butt off etc. but you can still put the "Horse" on and he will do the "Pony dance" it is hilarious! He can still flat get it! No one in football likes to admit that they acknowledge the band....the players will though......but yes, the band is important to the players and until a NOW player will come on and admit that they do not enjoy the band.........I am quiet. But if they do come on here and say the band gets on their nerves........I like my crow cooked with onions, green peppers and mushrooms over white rice! :wink:

I tell you what' date=' pick a Saturday night and just have a band contest. Charge 5 dollars a ticket and see how many people show up for the contest. It would be interesting we could actually see how many people go to the football game for the band. I think the band director should have never done what he did. I dont blame the kids for wanting to go but the band director should be alot smarter on scheduling. How about a christmas parade in chicago or new york. That would be fun for the kids but missing the game. Shows how much the so called band director really cares about the school. Well atleast the band director gets a paid vacation.[/quote']

Your post shows how little you know about the band programs. Trips for the band takes months of planning and fundraising by the booster clubs. Playoff games are not certain until the week before. I say GOOD LUCK DAYTON BAND and have fun. It will be something to cherish for a life :D time.

I thought about you guys and this thread at the Kingwood game on Saturday. As far as a band the Kingwood High School bunch is awesome. They covered the entire field at halftime and even showed a tremendous spirit throughout the game. They mentioned that they would be attending the Parade of Roses coming up and I see why. I am sure that Dayton has a fine band but wanted to drop a note after watching them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86