Proof! President Obama Will Win 2012

BLUEDOVE3

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1068326" timestamp="1317229723"]
Trust me when I say Mobil was not failing when it merged with Exxon, Texaco was not failing when it merged with Cheveron, Cingular was not failing when it merged with AT&T, Nextel was not failing when it was merged with Sprint!  Some companies get brought out or hostile taken over because they have a lot of liquid money and lok very attractive.  Yes mergers happen the other way too, nut most mergers are not to save or obtain the customers from a failing position.

Gates and Jobs were both from upper middle class families so yes the money was there for both private grade schools and college tuition.  I agree that some have-nots get grant money but most don't (plenty of white have nots out there with no grant money & Pell Grants are not pulled from a bottomless pit)!  Like I said I assumed NO government assistance out side of grade school education. 

By the way high risk is high reward if you have the capital to take the risk go for it!
[/quote]

You are right.  Taking a big risk ( the possibility of losing all that you have) is deserving of a high reward and should not be looked upon or scorned by those who choose not to take the risk or are unable to raise the capital.  If you over tax or over regulate, there will be no risk takers- gotta have risk takers from the private sector (as opposed to Solyndra and Lightsquared) in order to make things go/grow.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1068380" timestamp="1317235305"]
It has been stated that most can adjust there income enough through tax cuts to only pay roughly 15%, right?  When Regan cut taxes they fell from 70% to 28%.  I think they are recieving a fair shke right now in comparison, you?
[/quote]

What does "it has been stated" mean? ( It also has been stated that Bill Ayers is one of Obamas mentors) Also, I am referring to the corporate tax rate which  is, I believe, the second highest in the world.  As long as you have high corporate taxes, try to tell corporations where they can have plants (aka Boeing), mandate new health care costs (that still can't be quantified) and give priority to the spotted owl and sea turtle, businesses simply arent going to hire or expand but rather look for more business friendly environments.  28% is NOT the prevailing rate for many taxpayers.  I can personally attest to that.

It has been stated that most can adjust there income enough through tax cuts to only pay roughly 15%, right?  When Regan cut taxes they fell from 70% to 28%.  I think they are recieving a fair shke right now in comparison, you?
[/quote]

Here is what we did.  We identified the problems.  We proposed specific means to fix them.  We educated the public on the dire consequences of inaction.  And we compromised, on a bi-partisan basis, to get results.  We took action.

How so you ask?  Leadership and compromise.

Leadership and compromise is the only way you can[b] balance two budgets with over $13 billion in deficits without raising taxes while protecting core services.[/b]

Leadership and compromise is the only way you reform New Jersey’s pension and health benefits system that was collectively $121 billion underfunded.

Chris Christie!

[/quote]

http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

I see nothing wrong with cutting the grass cutting job or a job that is doing nothing , But when you do this who in the hell is going to buy that 30,000.00 preis?? Or the $4.00 a gallon milk?? Or the $4.oo gas. I have no prob making 15. hr as long as I dont have to pay 100.00 for a tank of gas. I say send all of them out the gate and hire them back in at 10.00 hr, but that F150 truck cant cost over $ 8000.00. Because there wont be anyone able to buy it if it still going to cost $20,000.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1068422" timestamp="1317238404"]
I see nothing wrong with cutting the grass cutting job or a job that is doing nothing , But when you do this who in the heck is going to buy that 30,000.00 preis?? Or the $4.00 a gallon milk?? Or the $4.oo gas. I have no prob making 15. hr as long as I dont have to pay 100.00 for a tank of gas. I say send all of them out the gate and hire them back in at 10.00 hr, but that F150 truck cant cost over $ 8000.00. Because there wont be anyone able to buy it if it still going to cost $20,000.
[/quote]

I think an earlier post identified the average hourly cost of the worker to be around $68 per hour.  If you cut it to $10 and another $10 for benefits, you would reduce labor costs by 70%.  I suspect that would make the cost of the trucks quite a bit less.  It's not going to happen but I think the $68 average hourly cost is a good example of why the middle class doesnt have it as bad as it is often portrayed.

• 4 weeks later...
Economic growth increased at its fastest in a year in the third quarter as consumers and businesses set aside fears about the recovery and stepped up spending, creating momentum that could carry into the final three months of the year.

Though part of the increase came from the reversal of temporary factors that had restrained growth, the expansion was a welcome relief for an economy that looked on the brink of recession just weeks ago......
    Lets wait and see how the Rep. spin this one......

[quote name="True Blue" post="1095908" timestamp="1319738494"]
Economic growth increased at its fastest in a year in the third quarter as consumers and businesses set aside fears about the recovery and stepped up spending, creating momentum that could carry into the final three months of the year.

Though part of the increase came from the reversal of temporary factors that had restrained growth, the expansion was a welcome relief for an economy that looked on the brink of recession just weeks ago......
[/quote]  Liberal media.  It's all lies.

[quote name="westend1" post="1095913" timestamp="1319738879"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=87540.msg1095908#msg1095908 date=1319738494]

[/quote]  Liberal media.  It's all lies.
[/quote]

Forget the media.  Siimply consult the index of leading/lagging economic indicators and come to your own conclusion.  Everyone in office would not be in panic mode if things were as heavenly as some would like to have you believe.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1095908" timestamp="1319738494"]

[/quote]

That Republican house may wind up saving obama after all by blocking his bad ideas...how's that!  ;)

Having a decent gain in some indicator has little effect. People are not  mad at Obama because the business pages are not good. Who many of his supporters even read such news?

People are out of work and hurting. Even the ones that do work are paying more for essentials like food. Gas prices remain high after promises to get them down.

A few days of good stocks or other gains won't help unless there is a corresponding large drop in unemployment and communities not being on the verge of bankruptcy.

The American economy will always turn around no matter who is in office as long as we keep the free enterprise system. The only difference is the policies that dictate how long a recession or depression will last and how big the recovery will be. Americans like to spend money and will hold off when times look bad but eventually some will say to heck with it and start spending that money again when they think things have bottomed out.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1096035" timestamp="1319745429"]
People are out of work and hurting. Even the ones that do work are paying more for essentials like food. [b]Gas prices remain high after promises to get them down. [/b] A few days of good stocks or other gains won't help unless there is a corresponding large drop in unemployment and communities not being on the verge of bankruptcy.

The [b]American economy will always turn around no matter who is in office[/b] as long as we keep the free enterprise system. [/quote]

Double Speak, anyone?

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1096078" timestamp="1319748074"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=87540.msg1096035#msg1096035 date=1319745429]
People are out of work and hurting. Even the ones that do work are paying more for essentials like food. [b]Gas prices remain high after promises to get them down. [/b] A few days of good stocks or other gains won't help unless there is a corresponding large drop in unemployment and communities not being on the verge of bankruptcy.

The [b]American economy will always turn around no matter who is in office[/b] as long as we keep the free enterprise system. [/quote]

Double Speak, anyone?
[/quote]

WHy doublespeak inference?  Gasoline prices are lower than recently but substantially higher than when Pres took office.  I also agree with his comment on the economy.  The economy is, always has been, and always will be cyclical.  History documents this.  Some theorize that more government intervention in the economy lessens the extremes of the cycle while others feel that more government intervention exacerbates the extremes.  I personally feel that someone or something as incompetent at running businesses as the federal government can do more good by staying out of the economy and permit it to function with as little interference as possible.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1096078" timestamp="1319748074"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=87540.msg1096035#msg1096035 date=1319745429]

Double Speak, anyone?
[/quote]

It is historical and cultural . Americans like to buy things and always will. It doesn't matter if Ronald Reagan or Barry Obama is the president. What sets Americans apart from the rest of the world is our standard of living and our desire for more.

There is no double speak.

[quote name="tvc184" post="1096139" timestamp="1319751137"]
... and if you are talking about gasoline prices, the Democrats repeatedly (and still in this forum) blame Bush for high gas prices but 3 years into Obama's term seem to think that it is just the market that controls it.
[/quote]

Surely you are not surprised at that. 

[quote name="tvc184" post="1096139" timestamp="1319751137"]
... and if you are talking about gasoline prices, [b]the Democrats repeatedly (and still in this forum) blame Bush for high gas prices but 3 years into Obama's term seem to think that it is just the market that controls it.[/b][/quote]

Now that is double speak!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1096282" timestamp="1319761445"]
Fox poll says Fox News is failin . Most Americans not scared o Obama's reelection http://www.dailykos.com
[/quote]

The article states "The tea party never generated the level of organic interest online that Occupy Wall Street has generated. Ever."

"Organic interest"...as in going #2 on a police car...that's organic!  :o ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1096282" timestamp="1319761445"]
Fox poll says Fox News is failin . Most Americans not scared o Obama's reelection http://www.dailykos.com
[/quote]

So you go to a progressive Democratic website to try and convince yourself how good Obama is doing from their viewpoint?

If you want a Fox poll, their poll in January 2009 just before Bush left office showed 79% of the people dissatisfied with the direction of the country. That pretty much led to the Obama win. You would have a hard time saying that Fox was slanted in their poll when almost 80% of the country was not happy.

That same poll today showed that 73% of the public is not satisfied with the direction of the country. It also shows that only 32% of independents approve of Obama's handling of his job and the direction of the nation. Those are the same independents that got Obama his job.

If you want to hang what you believe is reality in a KOS poll, be my guest. The ostriches need some company.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder