2011 Liberty Panthers?

SetX6

Chron.com has the Panthers as the 5th best 3a team in the Houston area, Coldspring is 1st of course but no other team from 22-3a made the list, the website also has Liberty's Daniel Fitzwater as the best 3a player in the area behind Sherman Gilbert.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the same team, we had no seniors? And we have no returning starters and no experience coming back and no QB and WR who are predicted to lead the district by every magazine/website you can think of, yeah its the EXACT SAME TEAM THAT LOST TO HUNTINGTON GOOD QUESTION HAHAHA

[quote name="SetX6" post="1032281" timestamp="1312746650"]
Yeah the same team, we had no seniors? And we have no returning starters and no experience coming back and no QB and WR who are predicted to lead the district by every magazine/website you can think of, yeah its the EXACT SAME TEAM THAT LOST TO HUNTINGTON GOOD QUESTION HAHAHA
[/quote]

Well not exactly. You have to take what you get from the chronicle with a grain of salt, there is even a comment at the bottom of that article that talks about all the mistakes they made in the 2a preview. Now if you go look at the maxpreps preview they have liberty listed with a power ranking of -2.3, Huffman at 15.1, and Coldspring at 50.1. That's just one site I'm sure there are more.

BTW huntinton returns almost as many starters as you do including 8 on an offence that dropped 54 on libery, and that 1500 yard rusher who would of been the difference for you as you stated in another thread well he graduated. So how will you beat them this year?

[quote name="SetX6" post="1032281" timestamp="1312746650"]
[/quote]
You need to do your research. Huntington is returning 2 more starters and experience than Liberty. Based on YOUR logic you guys will get beat similarly this year. All of those Huntington beasts that ran through you last year are back and more experienced.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1032292" timestamp="1312749129"]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=86384.msg1032281#msg1032281 date=1312746650]
[/quote]
You need to do your research. Huntington is returning 2 more starters and experience than Liberty. Based on YOUR logic you guys will get beat similarly this year. All of those Huntington beasts that ran through you last year are back and more experienced.
[/quote]
If you want to go by how many starters each team is returning then Liberty returns more total than any other team in the district? Ya we don't have our 1500 yard rusher but we don't have an offense built for him either? Last year we did and it's fine having an offense built around one player as long as he is there, and he was the leader on defense, I understand people get hurt in football and you have to adjust, but we didn't, this year we return more players and have a lot more depth.

[quote name="SetX6" post="1032729" timestamp="1312850928"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=86384.msg1032292#msg1032292 date=1312749129]
[quote author=SetX6 link=topic=86384.msg1032281#msg1032281 date=1312746650]
[/quote]
[/quote]
If you want to go by how many starters each team is returning then Liberty returns more total than any other team in the district? Ya we don't have our 1500 yard rusher but we don't have an offense built for him either? Last year we did and it's fine having an offense built around one player as long as he is there, and he was the leader on defense, I understand people get hurt in football and you have to adjust, but we didn't, this year we return more players and have a lot more depth.
[/quote]

You can return 22 starters from a crappy team and it is still going to be the same crappy team the next year. Oh and shepherd returns more starters than liberty bud.

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1032797" timestamp="1312867366"]
Making the playoffs last year for the first time since 2006 gives Liberty alot of confidence. I see the Panthers giving Coldspring a run for there money. Maybe even a district title ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
I definitely see Liberty beating Tarkington and battling Cleveland, Splendora, and Shepherd for the 3rd spot. It is going to be tough with Huntington on the schedule again. Dont forget that Porter will have a Varsity this year. They retrun 22 starters.

I would not get to excited bout what the Chron.puts out there.For Liberty to ever get past round 1, if they could do that ,you gotta play some great defense.Granted they earned a spot last year but gave up a whopping 412 points over 11 games.You better get ready for roundball giving 37.5 points per game.Hype has been about a cpl.offensive players,this is team sport ::) 8) :o ::) ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1032814" timestamp="1312889028"]
I would not get to excited bout what the Chron.puts out there.For Liberty to ever get past round 1, if they could do that ,you gotta play some great defense.Granted they earned a spot last year but gave up a whopping 412 points over 11 games.You better get ready for roundball giving 37.5 points per game.Hype has been about a cpl.offensive players,this is team sport ::) 8) :o ::) ;)
[/quote]Many of there players last year were young and inexperience. I think Coach Deel and the Defense will tighten up alot, and The panthers will also live up to all the Hype

[quote name="Ex-Panther" post="1033095" timestamp="1312936120"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=86384.msg1032814#msg1032814 date=1312889028]
[/quote]Many of there players last year were young and inexperience. I think Coach Deel and the Defense will tighten up alot, and The panthers will also live up to all the Hype
[/quote]

The only "hype" ::) Liberty has is coming from guess who, thats right Liberty fans. I don't think that counts. :D :D :D

huffman lost everybody.. so i'm not understanding why ya'll are saying they'll be so good  ??? so deberry and all them are that easily replaceable right? yeah, make up your mind. ya'll have no receivers, no o-line, and no qb.. unless that "transfer" that obviously couldn't get on the field on a average bh team can save ya'll. why don't ya'll go ahead and move up to 4a.. ya'll do have the numbers.. since ya'll are so great? foh.. do you even know who your starters will be? bunch of inexperienced players who haven't proved anything! lets not compare last year and who did what.. lets compare the talent and experience on both teams.. WHO DO YA'LL HAVE... GRAY AND LARSEN?

rushing
Klayton Larsen 78 493 6.32 5
receiving
Klayton Larsen 5 27 5 0
receiving
Darion Gray 29 320 11 4
rushing
Darion Gray 35 338 9.66 10
passing
Daniel Fitzwater 137 236 58.05 1761 15 16
rushing
Jordan Jones 38 280 7.37 4
receiving
Jordan Jones 52 829 16 7

where's the comparison???

fitzwater= 1761 15 td's

jones= 1109 11 td's

huffman duo= 1178 19 td's

should i mention the rest of liberty's team.. jones damn near has em beat alone.. and fitzwater does.. get a life

[quote name="dreski" post="1033478" timestamp="1313021327"]
huffman lost everybody.. so i'm not understanding why ya'll are saying they'll be so good  ??? so deberry and all them are that easily replaceable right? yeah, make up your mind. ya'll have no receivers, no o-line, and no qb.. unless that "transfer" that obviously couldn't get on the field on a average bh team can save ya'll. why don't ya'll go ahead and move up to 4a.. ya'll do have the numbers.. since ya'll are so great? foh.. do you even know who your starters will be? bunch of inexperienced players who haven't proved anything! lets not compare last year and who did what.. lets compare the talent and experience on both teams.. WHO DO YA'LL HAVE... GRAY AND LARSEN?

rushing
receiving
Klayton Larsen 5 27 5 0
receiving
Darion Gray 29 320 11 4
rushing
passing
rushing
receiving
Jordan Jones 52 829 16 7

fitzwater= 1761 15 td's

jones= 1109 11 td's

should i mention the rest of liberty's team.. jones dang near has em beat alone.. and fitzwater does.. get a life

[/quote]

Why don't you compare the stats of the liberty and Huffman players when they played each other. Fitzwater 4pics Jones maybe 50 yards receiving. Score 56 to 7. Nuff said

The BH QB from what I heard is pretty good he won the UT passing camp. Now do understand that BH brought in a new coach who ran that old style flex bone offense. Do you know what that is? They don't throw very much in that offense so why would they play a pocket type QB. Learn your facts before you come on here and sound stupid.

Liberty gave up 37.5 points a game. It don't matter how many average players that don't do good vs winning teams you return until you fix that D.

[quote name="dreski" post="1033478" timestamp="1313021327"]

rushing
receiving
Klayton Larsen 5 27 5 0
receiving
Darion Gray 29 320 11 4
rushing
passing
rushing
receiving
Jordan Jones 52 829 16 7

fitzwater= 1761 15 td's

jones= 1109 11 td's

should i mention the rest of liberty's team.. jones dang near has em beat alone.. and fitzwater does.. get a life

[/quote]
You keep talking about returning players but you never talk about Huntington returning 15. Porter returning 22 starters. Shepherd with 14. Cleveland with 13. Gray is a better talent than any of  your backs. We have players on JV that would have started for Liberty.

Huffman returns Gray, Larsen and Mccloskey who accounted for 10 total touchdowns vs. playoff teams last season.

Liberty......well they did score three [b]TOTAL[/b] touchdowns vs. playoff teams last season. I'm sure no one cares whether or not they return.

Dreski, I'd let this thread go for a while. At least until we see if Liberty makes it over the Huntington hump this season. Until then good luck to all teams this weekend and may all stay healthy.

[quote name="dreski" post="1033473" timestamp="1313020403"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86384.msg1032293#msg1032293 date=1312750113]
Liberty could finish 3rd in district, best case scenario.
[/quote]

h-d would finish 53rd..
[/quote]LOL! Liberty would get crushed by H-D !! LMAO ! Huntington and Tarkington give yall more than yall can handle. lol. Panthers ain't ready for them Bobcats !

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1033493" timestamp="1313023297"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=86384.msg1033478#msg1033478 date=1313021327]

rushing
receiving
Klayton Larsen 5 27 5 0
receiving
Darion Gray 29 320 11 4
rushing
passing
rushing
receiving
Jordan Jones 52 829 16 7

fitzwater= 1761 15 td's

jones= 1109 11 td's

[/quote]

Why don't you compare the stats of the liberty and Huffman players when they played each other. Fitzwater 4pics Jones maybe 50 yards receiving. Score 56 to 7. Nuff said

The BH QB from what I heard is pretty good he won the UT passing camp. Now do understand that BH brought in a new coach who ran that old style flex bone offense. Do you know what that is? They don't throw very much in that offense so why would they play a pocket type QB. Learn your facts before you come on here and sound stupid.

Liberty gave up 37.5 points a game. It don't matter how many average players that don't do good vs winning teams you return until you fix that D.
[/quote]
Here we go again referring to other teams and what you guys did against other team and how we gave up points to other teams, Larsen was nowhere against Liberty and they let Gray run the ball in the 4th, ok jones and fitz didnt do much against you guys either but quit bringing in other teams and other players when it comes down to it statistically and experience wise liberty is better than huffman set aside last year, you do not have DeBerry or whitwer or martin or any of your o-line quit living in last season and let's talk about this one

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1033580" timestamp="1313033199"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=86384.msg1033473#msg1033473 date=1313020403]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=86384.msg1032293#msg1032293 date=1312750113]
[/quote]

h-d would finish 53rd..
[/quote]LOL! Liberty would get crushed by H-D !! LMAO ! Huntington and Tarkington give yall more than yall can handle. lol. Panthers ain't ready for them Bobcats !
[/quote]
No disrespect to HD because you guys play hard and never really have many problems with Liberty but the transition from 1-A to 3 is huge now I can see a very good 1-A competing with an average 3-A but in recent years Daisetta barely gets in the playoffs and goes home soon, HD would come no where close to Liberty, you have 1 player who would even play if they moved to liberty and that chisholm, no one else can even compete

[quote name="SetX6" post="1033604" timestamp="1313035273"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=86384.msg1033493#msg1033493 date=1313023297]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=86384.msg1033478#msg1033478 date13021327]

rushing
receiving
Klayton Larsen 5 27 5 0
receiving
Darion Gray 29 320 11 4
rushing
passing
rushing
receiving
Jordan Jones 52 829 16 7

fitzwater= 1761 15 td's

jones= 1109 11 td's

[/quote]

[/quote]
Here we go again referring to other teams and what you guys did against other team and how we gave up points to other teams, Larsen was nowhere against Liberty and they let Gray run the ball in the 4th, ok jones and fitz didnt do much against you guys either but quit bringing in other teams and other players when it comes down to it statistically and experience wise liberty is better than huffman set aside last year, you do not have DeBerry or whitwer or martin or any of your o-line quit living in last season and let's talk about this one
[/quote]

Why is bringing other teams bad? It's not my fault you couldn't beat a winning team. It's not my fault your average players padded stats aginst weak teams. It's not my fault that when you played a decent team or huntington (psst you were there only win :D) you got embarrassed. These starters you got coming back are not gonna make you 49 points better. I have said it before that if you were anywhere close to us then I yeah I could see moving up, but you weren't. You got creamed by every winning team you played. Dosent that tell you something?

I am talking about this season by analyzing last year. I see why that irritates you tho, cause if I was a liberty fan and looked last season I would have no hope. :D :D :D

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1033101" timestamp="1312937311"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=86384.msg1033095#msg1033095 date=1312936120]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=86384.msg1032814#msg1032814 date=1312889028]
[/quote]

The only "hype" ::) Liberty has is coming from guess who, thats right Liberty fans. I don't think that counts. :D :D :D
[/quote]WOW!!! yall only beat us twice in school History 2008 and 2010, We usually mark Huffman as a W on the schedule already in the offseason so please ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1033580" timestamp="1313033199"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=86384.msg1033473#msg1033473 date=1313020403]
[/quote]

h-d would finish 53rd..
[/quote]lol.. Hulled out Dasietta could never beat us

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder