Ricky Tullos joins Liberty Panthers Staff

Guest incognito123
He will be a junior and, from what I hear, he is getting looks from rather large schools.  He definately has all of the tools.  6'5, great arm, super smart kid.  The only thing he lacks is killer instinct.  He is sometimes timid, but that was as a sophomore.  If he develops some fire, that sucker could be great.

Guest beechnut
[quote name="incognito123" post="1017390" timestamp="1307636615"]
He will be a junior and, from what I hear, he is getting looks from rather large schools.  He definately has all of the tools.  6'5, great arm, super smart kid.  The only thing he lacks is killer instinct.  He is sometimes timid, but that was as a sophomore.  If he develops some fire, that sucker could be great.
[/quote]

Ya I saw him last year and has a good arm and poise.

may have to check out my old panthers...i haven't been to a liberty game in a couple years, but looking at schedules i may be able to make a few...hope they get back to their ways of the 90s til about 2005 when they would win district or be in the race most years....they got to be too bad to make the drive to watch, but what do i know i was going to baytown sterling games instead  ??? ....to be fair Stallworth is a 5 min drive from my apt and i did graduate from sterling...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="insidetrap" post="1019682" timestamp="1308583163"]
DC job at Liberty was posted Friday... Did Tullos get a HC job?
[/quote]

I've seen rumor that may have landed the HC position over at George Ranch in the Lamar Consol ISD.

Guest trigger21
[quote name="insidetrap" post="1019682" timestamp="1308583163"]
DC job at Liberty was posted Friday... Did Tullos get a HC job?
[/quote]

Will be a HC again soon.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1017385" timestamp="1307635534"]
[quote author=Swag link=topic=84533.msg1017120#msg1017120 date=1307493406]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=84533.msg1014624#msg1014624 date=1306516950]
As long as Sherman Gilbert is breathing Coldspring will run away with that district
[/quote]
The same Sherman Gilbert who sat out the first part of the season, returned to be the SECOND best running back on his team and lose his team the state championship by fumbling? I promise you no one in district 22-3A is scared of this one player.
[/quote]

Really?  You are going to discredit him because he fumbled in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME???!!???  I was at Liberty's first round embarassment.  You should check yourself.  Gilbert will carry Coldspring, he is the most electrifying player in 22-3A. 
[/quote]
He said he was the 2nd best running back on his team, not that he sucked and you can't argue with that, Cummings received honors that Gilbert didn't. Coldspring is a power house, they reload every year, to say that as long as Gilbert is breathing Coldspring will run away with the district, is a little much considering the fact that he is not the type of every down back who can control a game, if Coldspring fills in those spots on the O line and has a good D they should be fine, but Gilbert will not be the deciding factor that one player can be stopped.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1014041" timestamp="1306337530"]
[quote author=UHCoog14 link=topic=84533.msg1013828#msg1013828 date=1306261885]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=84533.msg1013816#msg1013816 date=1306260191]
:o

you.....are.....kidding......
The same Ricky Tullos that was AD at Cleveland?

Wow.  Job market must be slim out there
[/quote]

Try finding a teaching position if you are NOT a coach. Now that's slim.
[/quote]

Yes that's true.  But I would imagine that with the success Tullos had at Cleveland he would be able to fine a HEAD coaching job somewhere.  Unless he just wants to stay in the area.  Or if he wants to be next in line for Deel's job...?....
[/quote]
isn't Tullos the one that got a head coaching job last year or so at New Waverly and Livingston would not release him?  if so, pox on Livingston as far as i am concerned....  when someone gets a promotion offer, the classy thing seems to be to let him go.  might have been a good short term decision for Livingston, but might be a terrible long term decision.  might be enough to make any up and coming young coach think twice before accepting an assistant job there.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1020758" timestamp="1309035186"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=84533.msg1014041#msg1014041 date=1306337530]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=84533.msg1013816#msg1013816 date=1306260191]

Wow.  Job market must be slim out there
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes that's true.  But I would imagine that with the success Tullos had at Cleveland he would be able to fine a HEAD coaching job somewhere.  Unless he just wants to stay in the area.  Or if he wants to be next in line for Deel's job...?....
[/quote]
isn't Tullos the one that got a head coaching job last year or so at New Waverly and Livingston would not release him?  if so, pox on Livingston as far as i am concerned....  when someone gets a promotion offer, the classy thing seems to be to let him go.  might have been a good short term decision for Livingston, but might be a terrible long term decision.  might be enough to make any up and coming young coach think twice before accepting an assistant job there.
[/quote]

The same.  But remember, Tullos accepted the New Waverly job, if I remember correctly, during the 2nd week of two a days last year.  Leaving that late would have left Randy Rowe hardly any time to replace him....completely different situation from this year when he accepted a position pretty early in the summer which leaves Coach Deel an opportunity to replace him if he wishes.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1020768" timestamp="1309039346"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=84533.msg1020758#msg1020758 date=1309035186]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=84533.msg1014041#msg1014041 date=1306337530]

Wow.  Job market must be slim out there
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes that's true.  But I would imagine that with the success Tullos had at Cleveland he would be able to fine a HEAD coaching job somewhere.  Unless he just wants to stay in the area.  Or if he wants to be next in line for Deel's job...?....
[/quote]
isn't Tullos the one that got a head coaching job last year or so at New Waverly and Livingston would not release him?  if so, pox on Livingston as far as i am concerned....  when someone gets a promotion offer, the classy thing seems to be to let him go.  might have been a good short term decision for Livingston, but might be a terrible long term decision.  might be enough to make any up and coming young coach think twice before accepting an assistant job there.
[/quote]

The same.  But remember, Tullos accepted the New Waverly job, if I remember correctly, during the 2nd week of two a days last year.  Leaving that late would have left Randy Rowe hardly any time to replace him....completely different situation from this year when he accepted a position pretty early in the summer which leaves Coach Deel an opportunity to replace him if he wishes.
[/quote]
true.  the "villian" if there was one probably was the NW coach that abruptly left NW in the lurch.  but still, the fact remains that when you hold someone in a place against their will to the detriment of their career .........  didn't smell good to me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder