REGION 3 GIRLS BRACKET......TOP TEAMS

The UIL Region 3 Bracket is now on line:  There is an upper and bottom portion to the bracket.  Here is how I see the top teams in each portion:

TOP HALF OF BRACKET:   Waco Midway
                                  Stratford
                                  PNG
                                  Brenham
                                  Santa Fe
                                  Foster

BOTTOM HALF OF BRACKET:   Friendswood
                                       Goose Creek Memorial
                                        Magnolia
                                       Kingwood Park
                                       Montgomery
                                       Lumberton
                                       Nederland

Top half is VERY STRONG....Waco Midway is undeafeated and played in the State Semi-Finals last year!  Stratford dropped down from 5A this year and is 19-2;  PNG has had a tough early schedule and should be battle tested AND HEALTHY!  Brenham is Brenham! Not enough info on Santa Fe and Foster...but both seem very very competitive!

Bottom Half:  Friendswood is the class and the pick to advance;  Goose Creek has a viable record and seems to be in going in the right direction;  Magnolia beat Brenham in first outing 1-0; then loss 5-0 to the Cubettes in the next game; Kingwood Park finished second to Stratford...and could be #2 on this list very easily... Montgomery won their District...and seem to be battle tested! Lumberton is my pick to make it to the 5th round and battle Friendswood ....

Just my opinion....

PS:  Watch out for those PNG LADY INDIANS...

Santa Fe has lots of talent, but has been a bit of a disappointment this year -- I was expecting more from them.  Foster is about the same as always -- some very good players but also some glaring weaknesses. 

Sorry to say it Sharkie, but, I think the top half is all about Midway with Stratford being the only team capable of challenging them.  But, good luck to PNG!!

Lumberton is about as good a pick as any to make it to the Regional seminfinal to play FHS, but I do not see them hanging within 5 goals of the Lady Mustangs. 

The Midway vs. Friendswood final should be a really good game.  I think the teams are closer in talent than any previous years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder