Sub-Varsity Games

UTfanatic

I have both watched and coached many kids from Nederland over the past 12 years or so and have to say they are very talented. I watched many games for PNG and they have a great group coming through. I myself even though my kid is not on any team for Nederland do look forward to the next few years of ball coming through Mid-County no matter what level the kids are on. To all the PNG kids keep playing hard and make sure when WE as in NED/PNG go to the play-offs that we support each other until the end. Though rivals on the field the friendships are what the sport brings together.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance LeDoux was the opening pitcher, and left in the middle of the 4th when Dylan Hebert took the mound. I can't remember if the score was 2-0 or 4-0 at that point, but the bases were loaded with no outs.

Dylan Hebert then pitched from the middle of the 3rd to the middle of the 5th, then left with 2 outs and 2 on base with a score of 7-1 when Collin Walker came in to close. Final score, 8-1. Please feel free to correct me if any of my information is incorrect, I wasn't taking notes.  :)

We may not have brought our "A" game last night, but we're not hanging our heads. I hear the Bulldogs brought down 3 players from varsity for this match-up, and there were a couple of sweet strikeouts involving 1 of those guys. ;)

Good game, Bulldogs.

Guest Brubaker
I don't keep a book, but that sounds about right Faithful.  And Rake, I haven't been around baseball as much as you obviously have, but I believe you are responsible for the men you leave on base, if you're going to state how many runs were allowed by a pitcher, do so properly.  Bottom line is that Ned put up 5 runs on 8 hits on a very good lefty.  To say Ned "couldn't get to the lefty" is incorrect information.  To say they didn't hit the ball hard and often off a very good pitcher to put up those runs, VERY MUCH DIMINISHES what happened, just my opinion.  PNG has a solid team, as Faithful said, they just didn't bring their A game. I heard that every player but Raines has been on the roster since district started.  Raines came down a couple of games ago.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="997112" timestamp="1302747121"]
And every player but Raines has been on the roster since district started.  Raines came down two games ago.
[/quote]

I stand corrected.

Some of my sons best friends play baseball for the Bulldogs and I've been privy to [i]plenty[/i] of smack talk over the past couple of weeks.  ;D

Okay Bru,
1 more time, real slow, and if need be in crayon. Ledoux left with 2 outs in the 4th, 1 unearned run on a passed ball, and 3 earned runs which came from the 3 guys he left on base when he was pulled from the game. That did come from a scorebook and is being "used properly" so where you get 7 or 8 runs is beyond me. He also gave up 4 walks and had 4 K's to go along with them. Now in no way did I say that Nederland "didn't hit the ball hard, or often", that's just you interpreting information or opinion that is contrary to your own. Show me where I said any of that......you can't and you know it. Even if a guy gives up a few hits but doesn't allow any runs that in my opinion is "not getting to the guy" which is exactly where PNG was until nearly the 5th inning. If you bang crooked numbers every inning and make the guy look like Charlie Brown tumbling on his backside that's a different story.  All I have stated in this spirited bunch of banter is that there are 2 sides to the story, period. Now with all that being said I will continue to say I wish I had gotten to see the game and the quality baseball that was on display.

Guest Brubaker
Speaking of real slow, it's hard to keep up with your story.  First it was 1-0 late in the game, Nederland didn't get to the lefty.  Now it's 1 unearned and 3 earned after leaving in the fourth and you have the official book.  For a guy who has no affiliation with either school, you sure got good information in a hurry.  PNG is a very good team, not taking anything away from them.  But this game was only close for 3 1/2 innings.

Not real hard to keep up with my friend. 1-0 late, left with a final pitching line of 1 unearned and 3 earned along with 4 BB's and 4 K's. No I don't have the official book. No I don't have a direct affiliation. As far as getting information goes it's like the commercial says "I got people". ;D Good luck to both squads the rest of the season.

Are they giving out J.V. E.R.A. awards this year?The P.N.G. team, pitcher and coach did a good job against Ned.J.V.It was just Ned's night.It was P.N.G.'s night in the first outing.I wish these two teams could play more than twice this season.They are fun to watch!       

[quote name="texasfan" post="997455" timestamp="1302815304"]
I am proud of PNG JV.....Great Team!! They have only lost 1 game!!  :) Why all the negative remarks??
[/quote]

Must not be very good if they have lost a game.  ::)

;D

Negative remarks drive forums. If everyone agreed with everyone else, there would be no need to post anything. Welcome to the frying pan. And yes, they are a very good team.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="997351" timestamp="1302802519"]
Are they giving out J.V. E.R.A. awards this year?The P.N.G. team, pitcher and coach did a good job against Ned.J.V.It was just Ned's night.It was P.N.G.'s night in the first outing.I wish these two teams could play more than twice this season.They are fun to watch!         
[/quote]

Why haven't they played more.  Don't they each host tourneys?  Plus, a couple of district games.

BC sophs end season at 11-3.

Only losses were to
Nederland (2)
PNG

Wins 11
LCM(4)
PNG(3)
Lumberton
Westbrook
WOS Jv
Silsbee

Also, 11 of the 15 Freshman pitched and pitched well against mainly the 4a and 5a teams.  A big congrats goes out to the BC coaching staff for getting the underclassmen plenty of quality opponents.  Lastly, great job Coach Landry for placing a lot of focus on getting these young men ready for the Varsity level.  Go Cardinals!!!!!!!! 

[quote name="Critter" post="998584" timestamp="1303004012"]
BC sophs end season at 11-3.

Only losses were to
Nederland (2)
PNG

Wins 11
LCM(4)
PNG(3)
Lumberton
Westbrook
WOS Jv
Silsbee

Also, 11 of the 15 Freshman pitched and pitched well against mainly the 4a and 5a teams.  A big congrats goes out to the BC coaching staff for getting the underclassmen plenty of quality opponents.  Lastly, great job Coach Landry for placing a lot of focus on getting these young men ready for the Varsity level.  Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!   
[/quote]

Silsbee never played BC soph.....

[quote name="Gladtobehere" post="999102" timestamp="1303149313"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=80665.msg999033#msg999033 date=1303138850]
BC won 9-1 on March 22.
[/quote]

My bad......thought that game got cancelled....it showed on Silsbee schedule for 03/21
[/quote]

No Problem....

in Nederland Junior Varsity

lumberton  0
Nederland  1

Great game to watch. Both teams played errorless ball.

Sanderson complete game. only 2 hit allowed
lumberton pithcher complete game, only 3 hits allowed

Weisbrod drove in the winning run in the bottom of the seventh. ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="QB01" post="1000110" timestamp="1303303194"]
anyone know how any 19-4a sub varsity did last night
[/quote]Crosby beat GP 11-1 in 6.  Crosby is 9-2 with loss to Dayton in 9 inn and a 1 run loss to BH. If Crosby wins out they will atleast be co-district champs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83