Sub-Varsity Games

UTfanatic

geez, really...the way I look at it, Nederland won the game, everyone got a chance to play some significant time and it's over...no big deal.

The other outcome would have been this...leave all of the starters in, win 12 or 13 to zip with nobody else playing and getting some experience and your record is still the same...I agree with the assessment that the game has no playoff implications or anything like that.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....and scapegoat accused me of having agenda......... ??? ??? ??? ???

BTW his name is Nevala, but you know that.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="trueblue75" post="990242" timestamp="1301454677"]
Nederland JV 13
Lumberton JV 10
Nevula winning pitcher. Kid had a shut out and coach removed him?!?!?!

This was the most pathetically coached game I've ever witnessed.

I think I've heard it all now that I've witnessed JV players having to tell their coach when a substitiion has to happen?!?! The Nederland coach removed Nevula after gaining a 12-0 lead (?), put in sam smith (4th inning) who allowed 3 runs, reentered nevula to shut down inning.   Took nevula out again after the 4th innin and entered sampere who allowed 4-6 runs. He then motioned to the coach that he was done and then the catcher had to tell the coach sampere was done. Coach put in sanderson (called in by catcher) and Nederland barely squeaked by with the win.
[/quote]

well said razor, a win is a win. Too much emphasis being put on individuals. A baseball team will never win a game with 2 players.

[quote name="Razor" post="990670" timestamp="1301508832"]
geez, really...the way I look at it, Nederland won the game, everyone got a chance to play some significant time and it's over...no big deal.

The other outcome would have been this...leave all of the starters in, win 12 or 13 to zip with nobody else playing and getting some experience and your record is still the same...I agree with the assessment that the game has no playoff implications or anything like that.
[/quote]

I'll tell you what's a great attitude to have, finishing second. At this household we live by the motto if your not first, your last. You may be fine with your son being on jv but we're not losers here at nederland. Do you remember dayton's jv record last year? Nope, didn't think so. No one cares about jv.

I think it's a false ASSumption to think that no one cares about jv..any of us with jv players would beg to differ and I would most certainly hope the coaches would care. If your attitude is any indication as to how the varsity "mentality" is being groomed...then yes our programs are screwed!! JV is the future for any program and people should care!! Some aren't "fine with their son being on jv" but again its not the parents call now is it? If you're not interested in any JV team than might I suggest staying off any sub varsity thread!?!?  ???

[quote name="DaddyBulldawg69" post="991084" timestamp="1301596333"]
I'll tell you what's a great attitude to have, finishing second. At this household we live by the motto if your not first, your last. You may be fine with your son being on jv but we're not losers here at nederland. Do you remember dayton's jv record last year? Nope, didn't think so. No one cares about jv.
[/quote]yall dont get sucked in... he has 3 posts. either he is a kid just trying to start something, which they do in that area... or just a uneducated man.... If it is a real post he just sets the bar for Nederland athletic parents....... by the way when is the last time Nederland won state??  I guess every Ned team is "finishing second"

[quote name="hitman009" post="991104" timestamp="1301599221"]
[quote author=DaddyBulldawg69 link=topic=80665.msg991084#msg991084 date=1301596333]
[/quote][b][size=14pt]yall dont get sucked in[/size][/b]... he has 3 posts. either he is a kid just trying to start something, which they do in that area... or just a uneducated man.... If it is a real post he just sets the bar for Nederland athletic parents....... by the way when is the last time Nederland won state??  I guess every Ned team is "finishing second"
[/quote]

Did you even consider that just maybe he/she is NOT a Nederland fan? maybe trying to stir?
My first impression is he/she or it is just stirring from afar. Thanks for the heads up though.

[quote name="DaddyBulldawg69" post="991252" timestamp="1301622898"]
Your right, I don't have many posts but I just created this because I see some of the crap people put on here so i figured I would voice my opinion.
[/quote]

Good try, but nobody would have opinions that stupid.    You are no Nederland dad.      :D

[quote name="DaddyBulldawg69" post="991252" timestamp="1301622898"]
Your right, I don't have many posts but I just created this because I see some of the crap people put on here so i figured I would voice my opinion.
[/quote]This guy was trying to stir on another post ...If his son is on VARSITY (baseball)ITS NOT NEDERLANDS VARSITY >:(...Dont get sucked in...Surely a grown man(lady) would not talk this non-sence...

I cannot take this DaddyBull crap serious. There is no way anyone from Nederland baseball program would think like him. I have seen Nederland Varsity and JV. They are first class. I know here in Dayton, we are trying to build our program and it starts at the JV level and our NEW coach is doing just that. Our JV is mostly freshman and have a 12-2 record so far and have a lot of talent for the future. My son is enjoying baseball and I could care less which level he plays. He is my son (JV or Varsity) and nothing changes that.  WAKE UP.

Great game Dayton JV vs Crosby JV. They both played good. Some errors but to be expected. Looks like they both have a good group of kids to contribute next year.  Dayton 7  Crosby 5 in 9 innings.
Great game by both schools. Both starting pitchers were very good. Dayton's is Freshman, not sure about Crosby boy but both did great.

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="992058" timestamp="1301758350"]
Great game Dayton JV vs Crosby JV. They both played good. Some errors but to be expected. Looks like they both have a good group of kids to contribute next year.  Dayton 7  Crosby 5 in 9 innings.
Great game by both schools. Both starting pitchers were very good. Dayton's is Freshman, not sure about Crosby boy but both did great.
[/quote]yes it was a great game... Crosby missed their 4 hole last night... he DH for the varsity... I rarly say a ump occounts to any loss but I still cannot get over the call in the 7th... 4-3 ball game, bases loaded, 2 outs, 3-2 count, fast ball right down the gut....batter does not swing and  catcher never moves his glove... NO CALL.... WOW!!! big no call in a game to walk in the tieing run!!  the catcher toss the ball towards the mound and started to celabrate... he thoungt the game was over...
I take nothing away from Dayton...
They have  a great squad... They will contend in the years to come...

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="992092" timestamp="1301765643"]
Both teams have great futures in front of them. We will be having this conversation for several years to come. Great job Crosby.  Now go get BH.   Do you know standings for JV teams? I don't know if anyone else cares except us.
[/quote]IDK. that was the first loss in distirct for crosby.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hulmeyolmu
    Newest Member
    hulmeyolmu