Sub-Varsity Games

UTfanatic

Guest horns.baseball
hamshire fannetts sophmore pitcher jeffcoat pitched against kirbyvilles jv and had 13 strike outs allowed 2 people on base and no runs he was sitting about 79 81 mph the hole game

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cornhusker" post="987389" timestamp="1300896699"]
Yes they have against Sam Houston a school in the Lake Charles area. It was in a tournament. The sophomore Dogs is a very solid club.
[/quote]
Thats right, forgot about that one........and yes, they are VERY solid!!!

I have no agenda. Where is the unimpressive you're talking about? ??? ??? ???

Only post scores here, sometimes pitcher.

[quote name="scapegoat" post="987424" timestamp="1300900532"]
Bulldogbacker,Funny when a player has a sub-par game you refer to him as "Unimpressive".When he has a good and great game you say nothing.Makes me wonder what your agenda is!
[/quote]

Bulldogbacker,in the freshman and soph. thread.I am sure you would not make that kind of statement about BaseBows kid.My point is if you are going to talk about a kid when he has a sub-par game.The least you can do is report about his good games also.  "did not contribute impressively"

Bulldogbacker, When 1696dogs post about games she states the "facts "of every player during the game.I appreciate what she does for us.When people post things about individual players it is usually positive.When you make a "vague "statement about two players ,that implies that they did not contribute well to the team,I do not appreciate it! I do not think it is fair to single them out.I hope you will be more considerate with your posts in the future. ll  l

[quote name="scapegoat" post="988105" timestamp="1301072210"]
Bulldogbacker, When 1696dogs post about games she states the "facts "of every player during the game.I appreciate what she does for us.When people post things about individual players it is usually positive.When you make a "vague "statement about two players ,that implies that they did not contribute well to the team,I do not appreciate it! I do not think it is fair to single them out.I hope you will be more considerate with your posts in the future. ll  l
[/quote]

Scapegoat,

sorry I affended you. I mentioned no names, but maybe you're right......when they do someting impressive I'll mention it.

Now how's that for an agenda ;D ;D ;D ;D

aloha and adios

Nederland JV 13
Lumberton JV 10
Nevula winning pitcher. Kid had a shut out and coach removed him?!?!?!

This was the most pathetically coached game I've ever witnessed.

I think I've heard it all now that I've witnessed JV players having to tell their coach when a substitiion has to happen?!?! The Nederland coach removed Nevula after gaining a 12-0 lead (?), put in sam smith (4th inning) who allowed 3 runs, reentered nevula to shut down inning.  Took nevula out again after the 4th innin and entered sampere who allowed 4-6 runs. He then motioned to the coach that he was done and then the catcher had to tell the coach sampere was done. Coach put in sanderson (called in by catcher) and Nederland barely squeaked by with the win.

I saw the Nederland vs Lumberton JV game also.  It was hard watching a very good team fall apart before your very eyes.  I thought Nevala pitched a very good game inspite of not feeling well.  He showed mental strength and confidence in his teams defense to help him out.  For example, a LONG fly ball to center field caught by the CF over his shoulder to end the inning.  Great play!

My question is what was the coach thinking taking out a pitcher who had a shut-out for four innings only to have to put him back into the game to shut down Lumberton's rally.  If Nevala would have pitched the 5th inning, the way he was going, game would have end 12-0.  But instead, it ended up 13-10 with the game in doubt until Marshall shut Lumberton down in the 7th inning.

What was the coach thinking?

I'm sure he was thinking, "I'm up 12-0, maybe I can get another kid a little experience".  He might even have thought, "it's just a JV game and there is no real championship here, and no playoff implications".    He probably even thought," even if we give up a few, this high powered team will score plenty more".  The negativity over a jv game THAT YOU WON, is amazing.

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="990375" timestamp="1301487588"]
Dayton JV 17   North Forest 0  in 3.  Man I feel for the boys at north forest. It looked like they asked if anyone wanted to go on a field trip and play some baseball.  I honestly don't think they had ever played. To rub salt in, their bus left and they were stranded.
[/quote]I don't know what is going on over there about their transportation..... their Varsity was late to the game against Crosby because they did not show up!!!! the kids jumped in their own cars and drove over!!

I had heard it was an interesting game to say the least. Gabriel WAS sick and easily relied on his strong defense backing him up. I don't think these previous posts were negative but they certainly explain some of the frustrations being dealt with at NHS. I appreciate the support and confidence Gabriel does have from most people in his circle....his coach did compliment him on his game after the fact too. Could some things have ben done differently? of course but nothing you can change about the past! Luckily most of these boys know how to move on!!!

Crosby JV
GCM     3
Crosby 12

Looking to be a good game vs Dayton JV on friday!!

GCM cancelled their game soph game against Crosby the day of the game...
I have heard it was because they have a game against St. Thomas on thursday...
If this is true it is Bush!!!
Cancelling a DISTRICT game to play a non district game!!
Bad form by the coach on that one!!!

[quote name="westend1" post="990306" timestamp="1301458593"]
I'm sure he was thinking, "I'm up 12-0, maybe I can get another kid a little experience".  He might even have thought, "it's just a JV game and there is no real championship here, and no playoff implications".    He probably even thought," even if we give up a few, this high powered team will score plenty more".   The negativity over a jv game THAT YOU WON, is amazing.
[/quote]i'm not amazed at all....it IS nederland...hundreds and hundreds of all-star sideline coaches over there.

[quote name="westend1" post="990306" timestamp="1301458593"]
I'm sure he was thinking, "I'm up 12-0, maybe I can get another kid a little experience".  He might even have thought, "it's just a JV game and there is no real championship here, and no playoff implications".    He probably even thought," even if we give up a few, this high powered team will score plenty more".   The negativity over a jv game THAT YOU WON, is amazing.
[/quote]

agreed.... last I remember, JV is about the players getting better striving for a win. If you win, congrats, if you lose, fix your mistakes and do better; but no one really cares who wins JV or even sophomore games for that matter. I would be embarassd if a couple years down the road you bragged, "Man, we were unstoppable on JV!" Let the man coach all his players, not just the starters.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder