Sub-Varsity Games

UTfanatic

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tappedout
Has Weisbrod been playing since he injured his shoulder while trying to run that Mack truck over in PNG? Next time he'll try sliding in home instead of trying to run over Foster. Tuesday will be the rematch.

BH JV playing strong all year. Only 3 losses on the season with one of those in district against GP. We look forward to the rematch. Just beat Dayton for the second time, it was a good game BH came from behind to win it in the last inning. Great future for BH Baseball.

in Nederland

JV

png    1
Ned    8

Strong pitching, complete game, 5 hits allowed by Sanderson.... Defensive POY by Woods crashing into deep right field fence to make a catch. Ned avenges their only loss of the year. Stong hitting all around as Ned pounded png for 14 hits.  :D :D :D :D

Mitchell had 12 strikeouts in 6 innings!! That is AWESOME!! I agree that it was the POY by Jordan Woods in right field with that catch that PNG thought was out :) hee hee....Proud of all the boys for pulling this one out!! I have to believe though that PNG knew it was coming  ;) Keep it up Dogs!!

Sanderson pitched great and Shaw led a impressive hitting performance by the Dogs.Michael's three bullets were beautiful and came at clutch times.I was at my younger sons district track meet and missed Jordan's catch in the first inning.Great job by Stampley behind the plate mentally and physically.Sure is nice to hear so many praise Jordan's catch.Hearing about it is the next best thing to being there!Sure is fun watching the J.V. Dogs mature together.

The wheels must have come off late for PNG because the Bulldogs couldn't get to PNG's lefty (again) was the report I got. It was 1-0 late and that Bulldog run came on a passed ball. Must have been a pitching change in there some where or the starter finally ran out of gas? Game sounded closer than the score ended up if that makes any sense. Either way I sure wish I could have seen it because both squads have some quality players. Should make for a great district rivalry for the next few years and beyond.

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="Rake1" post="996955" timestamp="1302720381"]
The wheels must have come off late for PNG because the Bulldogs couldn't get to PNG's lefty (again) was the report I got. It was 1-0 late and that Bulldog run came on a passed ball. Must have been a pitching change in there some where or the starter finally ran out of gas? Game sounded closer than the score ended up if that makes any sense. Either way I sure wish I could have seen it because both squads have some quality players. Should make for a great district rivalry for the next few years and beyond.
[/quote]

Your information is bad.  He left giving up 7 hits and 4 or 5 runs.  Good pitcher, but he got roughed up last night.  It was close til the 4th, then got outta hand.

Like I said in the earlier post it must have been later in the game when Nederland finally got to "whoever" was pitching. It's no secret the lefty from PNG has had their number in the past. By no means does this diminish the win for Nederland or the effort from PNG, this was never implied. Just giving another view from an impartial outsider. Goodness knows we have to read all the "blatant Homer" reports on this thread. IMHO it's always nice to give credit where it's due, even if that involves "actually saying something good" about your opponent. I know for many on here that's difficult. Remember this, there is always 2 sides to every story and more than 1 view of a ballgame. Again, I wish could have been there to see it because I know there was really good baseball on display.

I was told this was a good game. The freshman pitcher from PNG just got gassed is what I heard. Heard PNG should have subbed a little sooner? This Nederland JV is solid though and heard Sanderson did a great job of pitching! If that previous post is correct and he had 12 strikeouts in 6 innings?! That is a beautiful average. Seems that PNG just couldn't seem to get it going. No doubt these teams will be interesting to watch in the next several years.

Guest Brubaker
The 4th inning is not late in the game?  It's the middle.  "Whoever" was in there in the 4th had given up 5 runs and 8 hits when it was said and done.  Whoever threw was lefthanded?  Not sure where the homer report is coming from?  And I'm going to take two of your suggestions, I'm going to give credit where it's due and give a compliment to the the opponent.

Last night, Nederland roughed up a good pitcher for 8 runs and 5 hits and ran him in the middle of the game.

Please forgive me all knowing and wonderful Brubaker for daring to dispute or offer up another opinion. TrueBlue75 had a great post giving a nice re-cap. As far as "homer reports" go all you have to do is scroll back through this thread and start marking down each comment from each school and see who shows up the most ;), especially in coaching criticism and or general un-happiness ;). I don't have a runner in the race, no affiliation with either school other than I have coached players from each of these teams, and I am just a guy who sees a ton of baseball and appreciates the effort these young men make. Good luck to all, even if you are a "homer". ;D ;D

P.S.
1 unearned and 3 earned is a long way from giving up 8. If you use stats please be sure to do so properly. 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Binding Psychics
    Newest Member
    Love Binding Psychics