Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Nederland Girls Match Thread/LC-M wins/Comments

WOSgrad

LCM beat Nederland 1-0. Way to go!
Nederland's new head coach seems like a very nice guy, but the Nederland team still seems to be the same obnoxious girls. LCM played classy and deserved the win.
I noticed at the end #10 on Nederland refused to shake the LCM coaches hand. Typical Nederland bratty behavior.

No you are definitely right. I'm sure not all the Nederland girls are like that. However, number 10 had numerous rude comments on the field, the goalie was very vocal in her distaste of LCM, and I heard one girl (I'm not sure what number) say that a girl on the LCM team was stupid while on the field.  But you are right, my comment was very general and probably should not have been. It's hard to not generalize when your school has never had any positive experience playing against this team. My apologies to the Nederland girls who are there to play soccer and keep a cool head. 

[quote name="SoccerFan22" post="962619" timestamp="1297138353"]
No you are definitely right. I'm sure not all the Nederland girls are like that. However, number 10 had numerous rude comments on the field, the goalie was very vocal in her distaste of LCM, and I heard one girl (I'm not sure what number) say that a girl on the LCM team was stupid while on the field.  But you are right, my comment was very general and probably should not have been. It's hard to not generalize when your school has never had any positive experience playing against this team. My apologies to the Nederland girls who are there to play soccer and keep a cool head. 
[/quote] 

Are you saying Nederland's Goalie was rude?  Just curious that seems very out of character for Bianca... if this  was in fact her... she is usually a very soft spoken and well behaved young lady... At least that has been my experience with her... but soccer has a strange way of taken some of the nices girls and bring out the beast.

I honestly have no idea what the goalie's name is. I did not hear her be rude to any of the girls, but she made a couple of comments about LCM being slow to the refs. And you are definitely right about sports having a way of changing kids' attitudes. I have also seen nice girls become monsters on the field or court. I mean nothing against any of the girls. I thought the game was well played. 

I have met the Nederland goalie on several occasions and she has always been pleasant. She is actually a very humble goalie and I enjoy watching her play. She had a fantastic high school season last year and I wonder if some of the frustration is the young team she is working with this year not to mention the loss of an excellent player (L.R.)... if she is still benched due to injury. This team, however, will likely grow into excellent competition for the district in the next couple of years.

Now that I think about it, Nederland is using two goalies this year. Comments may not be directed to Bianca afterall...hmmm.

Soccerfan, had an opportunity to see your girls at a tournament. They are a spunky bunch and know how to keep team cohesiveness on the sidelines. They made me smile seeing how they worked to keep the sidelines positive. Didn't hear any negative statements from them. Their coach should be proud to have a group of fun and determined girls.

Although I was not at this game, I also have heard that Nederland is using two keepers this year....Bianca is a valuable field player for them when she plays on the field. I believe they graduated some good talent last year....this in addition to injuries and adjustment to a new coach. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83