Congrats Kyle Markum - Wharton College Signee

Wanting to make the Baseball Community aware,

Hamshire-Fannet catcher Kyle Markum makes his commitment to Wharton Junior College yesterday.
An all around quality young man who progressed really quick the past 6-8months.
Congrats to his mom Tammy his dad Mike and obviously to Wharton Head Coach Javier Solis for taking time to drive down to evaluate Kyle this summer, the GTB Fall Prospect League, as well as the Hitters Inc Junior College Camp in December.

Congrats again Kyle!

Chris Fackler

Coach Fackler is all about the boys. He has proved this many times. He is responsible for keeping alot of kids playing year round. And when he says, I will have this college or that college there watching your son.....they are there watching your kid! He stays in constant contact w/college scouts and keeps the boys names fresh in their minds. He not only coaches from the 3rd base lines in games but will think nothing of turning around and asking the kids in the dugout, "is that what really should have happened? Should he have done something different? Let's go guys and think and stay in the game!" I know from personal experience he asked my son what colleges had he even thought of attending and when he got the answers then he worked behind the scenes to help make it happen.

Ego killer idk who you are or where you are from but if you knew the amount of work that really goes into all of this then you never would have made that awful statement. Or I sure hope you wouldn't have anyway.

Coach Fackler we owe you a lot of thanks and gratitude for all you have done. A lot of other parents, I am sure feel the same way. I know ultimately it is the boys that have physically done the work but they have done it w/your knowledge and guidance!

The Markum family thanks everyone for all the nice comments about Kyle. We would also like to thank Chris Fackler for his support, both on and off the field, and for providing Kyle the opportunity to play in front of college scouts. Thanks to Sam Moore, Morgan Walker and all the other quality coaches that are with the Gladiator organization. Special thanks to HF's Wayne Mahaffy and staff for helping Kyle to learn that whether you win or loose, do both with character. Thanks to Chad Landry for giving a Freshman a chance.Thank you to Dave Morrow and the entire Gladiator family for providing teams and support for local players like Kyle that just need a chance to live the dream. A very special thank you to Jed McBride that eight years ago took a group of 10 yr. olds and laid the foundation for them on how the game was to be played.So far, three of those Scrappers will be playing the next level with several more to join them soon.

Most importantly, thanks to Wharton's Coach Solis and Coach Haney for giving Kyle an opportunity.

Mike Markum

Actually, Kyle was recruited based his performance at a Texas State University Baseball prospect camp, in January.  I spoke with Coach Haynie prior to Kyle committing.  He said Texas State was interested in Kyle, but they have 3 catchers already.  Coach Haynie previously coached at TSU and Kyle was given a solid recommendation from Texas State coaches.  Coaches Solis and Haynie are committed to making their program a championship caliber program.  Just wait, you will see more elite players from this area headed that way.

Bottom line..even though it costs money, it pays to go to these college prospect camps.  I used to think these were money makers for the coach.  But I am now sold.  In addition to Kyle, we have two juniors in our organization who went to a Stephen F Austin prospect camp and have garnered solid interest from the coaches at that school (one got a scholarship offer immediately following the camp).  We have a sophomore who went to a prospect camp on the West coast and has a major (top 10) college interested in him.  Again, these prospect camps work.

I have had the pleasure of watching Kyle the past two summers.  He is an incredible young man and a very good baseball player.  Kyle earned this opportunity all on his own.  While Kyle is the 8th to commit from last summer's Gladiator teams, we didn't get him the scholarship.  No one gets the scholarship but the player.  Ego, I don't think Chris was taking credit for getting Kyle a scholarship either.  While the organization or a coach may provide an opportunity to be seen, ultimately it is the hours of training, the gallons of sweat, and the time spent in the cages that earns the scholarship.  Kyle lived at the SETX Baseball Academy and left his gallons of sweat at Sam Moore's academy.  Hats off to you Kyle.  You are a model to be looked up to.

Ego - Let me address your slamming of Fackler.  Chris coached with us last summer.  I know what kind of a man he is.  And believe me, he is all about the kids.  Yes, he uses this board to advertise his services and camps, but his business is baseball.  He is being an astute business man by advertising his services.  No different than a guy opening a new facility or sporting goods store does on here.  He prepares kids for the next level, both on the field and off the field.  Is he the only one in town that does that?  No. There are many local people and organizations that prepare kids for the next level.  But Chris is among the best in the business of baseball.

Dave Morrow
SE Texas Gladiators

[quote name="VP" post="962156" timestamp="1297045355"]
Coach Fackler is all about the boys. He has proved this many times. He is responsible for keeping alot of kids playing year round. And when he says, I will have this college or that college there watching your son.....they are there watching your kid! He stays in constant contact w/college scouts and keeps the boys names fresh in their minds. He not only coaches from the 3rd base lines in games but will think nothing of turning around and asking the kids in the dugout, "is that what really should have happened? Should he have done something different? Let's go guys and think and stay in the game!" I know from personal experience he asked my son what colleges had he even thought of attending and when he got the answers then he worked behind the scenes to help make it happen.

Ego killer idk who you are or where you are from but if you knew the amount of work that really goes into all of this then you never would have made that awful statement. Or I sure hope you wouldn't have anyway.

Coach Fackler we owe you a lot of thanks and gratitude for all you have done. A lot of other parents, I am sure feel the same way. I know ultimately it is the boys that have physically done the work but they have done it w/your knowledge and guidance!
[/quote]

I must apologize...when I have gone back and reread my post, Kyle I am truly sorry for not congratulating you.
It takes a lot of hard work, blood sweat and tears for the amount of work you have put into this sport. And to be able to have the opportunity to play at the next level is tremendous. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you Kyle and to your family! I know you will succeed. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn