any news on LeFredrick Ford?/FORD SIGNS WITH SFA

epg2793

[quote name="LU1991" post="958107" timestamp="1296505128"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79396.msg958094#msg958094 date=1296504473]
Ford will still be wearing red next year. ;D
[/quote]

As long as it's [font=Verdana][b]LU[/b][/font]red!!!
[/quote]

Considering he has narrowed it down to 3 schools (A&M, SFA and LU). ;)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="958113" timestamp="1296505336"]
[quote author=LU1991 link=topic=79396.msg958107#msg958107 date=1296505128]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79396.msg958094#msg958094 date=1296504473]
Ford will still be wearing red next year. ;D
[/quote]

As long as it's [font=Verdana][b]LU[/b][/font]red!!!
[/quote]

Considering he has narrowed it down to 3 schools (A&M, SFA and LU). ;)
[/quote]

Red and black is the best color combination out there, especailly when its Lamars red and black!

[quote name="bigred360" post="958173" timestamp="1296511138"]
As soon as L. Ford and J. Johnsons authentic jersey's go on sell I'm buying a couple of each. It's great to get juco talent but you can't beat star athletes with four years of eligibility remaining.

Two great players to build an offense around.
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone else is thinking this but if LU signs Ford to go along with Jeremy Johnson, it seems that this would necessitate a change in offensive philosphy from an all pass offense to a much more balances offense that runs the ball more, probably some type of option run/pass scheme.  Just thinking.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="958178" timestamp="1296511820"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=79396.msg958173#msg958173 date=1296511138]
As soon as L. Ford and J. Johnsons authentic jersey's go on sell I'm buying a couple of each. It's great to get juco talent but you can't beat star athletes with four years of eligibility remaining.

Two great players to build an offense around.
[/quote]

I don't know if anyone else is thinking this but if LU signs Ford to go along with Jeremy Johnson, it seems that this would necessitate a change in offensive philosphy from an all pass offense to a much more balances offense that runs the ball more, probably some type of option run/pass scheme.  Just thinking.
[/quote]

I'm thinking he has to beat out prewitt and smith before we change the whole program to suit him

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="958197" timestamp="1296513113"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=79396.msg958186#msg958186 date=1296512470]
Oregon, Auburn, WVU, and the Pistol at Nevada. There is plenty to be excited about.  8)
[/quote]
Is the offensive coordinator here to run these offenses?
[/quote]

The NFL and college football is a copy cat league so the OC can get plenty of tape on what offense he decides to run. Heck, he may have a few more running plays up his sleeve than he ran last year and will continue with his current offensive schemes.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="958251" timestamp="1296519745"]
I'm sure he wanted to run more. He just didn't have the backs or line to do it.
[/quote]When I first looked last year's roster my reaction was 'but they don't have any running backs.'  OC knew that too.  Let's see how he fares when he does.  Ford, hopefully, and don't forget Garrett.

bigred360, I might just have to say negative comments again next year if it turns out this good for recruiting ;D I'll take all of the credit :D I have two former teammates and friends that coach at LU and do recruiting as well. I'll just make it annual bashing if they will get mad and continue this kind of recruiting.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="958771" timestamp="1296586214"]
bigred360, I might just have to say negative comments again next year if it turns out this good for recruiting ;D I'll take all of the credit :D I have two former teammates and friends that coach at LU and do recruiting as well. I'll just make it annual bashing if they will get mad and continue this kind of recruiting.
[/quote]

Scalp'em, that isn't a term known for West Brook?? If Lamar continues this kind of recruiting and you feel it helps the team with an annual bashing go for it.  8) I'm sure James Brown being a legend at UT for the play versus Nebraska in the Big XII championship game and former West Brook star and Will Richard, who has a little more experience coaching at the college level is also a West Brook alumnus which helps to connect with local players.

I'll give you all the credit.  :D

[quote name="bigred360" post="958935" timestamp="1296594327"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=79396.msg958771#msg958771 date=1296586214]
[/quote]

Scalp'em, that isn't a term known for West Brook?? If Lamar continues this kind of recruiting and you feel it helps the team with an annual bashing go for it.  8) I'm sure James Brown being a legend at UT for the play versus Nebraska in the Big XII championship game and former West Brook star and Will Richard, who has a little more experience coaching at the college level is also a West Brook alumnus which helps to connect with local players.

I'll give you all the credit.  :D
[/quote]

I was converted when we moved to mid county in the late 90's. I'm still a Bruin at heart 8)

[quote name="LU1991" post="959052" timestamp="1296606237"]
I guess we will know sometime tomorrow what Ford will do. Hopefully he will be wearing red and the ticket office had better be open.
[/quote]

Too bad the ticket office won't be open cause I need 4 of those cushioned seats if they have any available...

[i]2011 Lamar Football Ticket Information

If you had season tickets and/or season parking for last year’s football season your renewal package will be mailed out in early March.  When you receive this package you will be able to renew the same seats and parking you had last year as well as specify if you would like to add parking and/or seats or upgrade your current parking and seats.  Upgrades will be based on when we receive your renewal pack back at the Lamar Ticket Office.  If you did not have season tickets last year and would like to purchase season tickets we will open season ticket sales to the public in early May.  The exact dates for these events will be released at a later date.[/i]

i wonder what happens if you are a season ticket holder and want to move a row?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124