any news on LeFredrick Ford?/FORD SIGNS WITH SFA

epg2793

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="LU4LIFE" post="960491" timestamp="1296744436"]
You shouldn't compare SFA or any team for that matter run game to LAMARS run game last season, we couldn't run the ball so we didn't run the ball.
[/quote]

I am not the one who said SFA "only throws", the others did so I am just responding to them. I did say the LU O-line was suspect, and SFA's line was talented. I feel both points are verified (above) now.

Well, thats all for me on this. I believe Ford made the best choice. I support SFA and I pull for Lamar, too. I wish the Cards well.  :)  

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mffl" post="960507" timestamp="1296744928"]
[quote author=ECBucFan link=topic=79396.msg960443#msg960443 date=1296734069]
Thats right, even last year, pass happy SFA had [i]more rushing attempts[/i] that Lamar did, and a ton more yards and 4 TD's. Kinda blows the theory their line can only pass protect, doesn't it!  :)  
[/quote]

Not that we ever ran the ball effectively last year, but normally when teams fall behind, you abandon the running game and pass the ball so you can catch up...
[/quote]

Makes sense to me...

[quote name="Sportsman5" post="960528" timestamp="1296746199"]
While getting Ford would have been a nice addition for Lamar.  I do not think it is as big of a let down as some are making it out to be. The Enterprise said Lamar is still searching for a break away runner?  Well obviously they have not seen Depauldrick Garrett Play. I promise you this, the first time Garrett plays next year for Lamar he will make everyone totally forget about Ford.  Garrett is a tremendous back with great hands and 4.5 speed.  I have seen both Garrett and Ford play up close and personal and Garrett is definitely the better back.  The only down side to Depauldrick is Lamar only has him for 2 seasons. I so wish the Enterprise would hire some sports writers who have a clue, because it's articles like the one in today's paper that make them look like complete morons.
[/quote]

Agree with your post but in college football you need at least two backs. I have seen DPG play and was disapponted Ford decided to go to SFA. But, if you look at the overall picture Lamar still did pretty good recruiting.

Ford was a 2 star athlete and Campbell was a 5 star athlete headed to USC. I think the coaching staff can work with what we've got and no what we don't have.

[quote name="coachacola" post="960606" timestamp="1296751631"]
I don't want to knock Ford, but if he's such a great back then why were the main suitors for his services between SFA and LU, a pass-oriented team and a second year program?  I'm disappointed because you can never have enough good players and Ford would definitely help this team, but Woodard should be able find other comparable backs.

One thing that concerns me is that if [b]Lamar joins the WAC [/b] ([b]I'm doubting that too since it seemed like Ford to LU was a done deal[/b]) then that will really cut down on the FBS transfers.  Can Woodard sign the 3-star HS and JUCO players every year?
[/quote]

Coach do you say that with sarcasm or do you have some info we don't know?

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="960757" timestamp="1296767227"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=79396.msg960606#msg960606 date=1296751631]
I don't want to knock Ford, but if he's such a great back then why were the main suitors for his services between SFA and LU, a pass-oriented team and a second year program?  I'm disappointed because you can never have enough good players and Ford would definitely help this team, but Woodard should be able find other comparable backs.

One thing that concerns me is that if [b]Lamar joins the WAC [/b] ([b]I'm doubting that too since it seemed like Ford to LU was a done deal[/b]) then that will really cut down on the FBS transfers.  Can Woodard sign the 3-star HS and JUCO players every year?
[/quote]

Coach do you say that with sarcasm or do you have some info we don't know?
[/quote]

Sarcasm.  I'm still hopeful Lamar joins the WAC but I have my doubts.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086