**SILSBEE @ HAMSHIRE-FANNETT Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 64-57!!!

[quote name="True Blue" post="952931" timestamp="1295711465"]
When a team is picked to blow throw their dist. it is eazy for other teams to get up to play them. Its is harder for the better team to get up to play weeker teams, I think that they will be ready to play come playoff time.
[/quote]

I also agree with this statement. ;)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="ST413" post="952820" timestamp="1295674303"]
Before I say anything,  let me say I was impressed by HF tonight.  They played hard and played good.  To answer  some of your questions Lazeek,  the Tigers are definitely missing Coach T.  I have faith in both Collins and Brooks but right now something is missing.  Not blaming either of these 2.  And yes the Tigers missed Lane as.  His length could have made a difference on the defensive end and he would have helped on the boards and offensive end as well. We also didn't have the depth we are used to.  Only played 9 players tonight  suited 10 counting Lane.   HF could very well be a playoff contender if they keep plyaing like this.  Their height was tough for the Tigers to deal with and they handled the pressure fairly well most of the time.  And just like the predictions on here maybe the Tigers did overlook the Horns a little bit.  I bet that part won't happen in Silsbee. The Tigers are definately not playing their best ball right now.  Offense looked sluggish and too much complaining about the game instead of playing it.  I really thought the Tigers would have a fairly easy night but HF didn't let that happen.  Great effort by them.  And way to hang in there and get the win Tigers.
[/quote]
Silsbee is not playing like the same team that I saw nearly beat Galveston Ball and the team that beat Westbrook.  Yeah, you're dealing with 15-16 year old boys, but that's where coaching comes into play.  Collins and Brooks ARE doing their best in place Coach T, but being in the hot seat(s) is not as easy once you're the one responsible for the decision [and not just a recommendation].  

Here's a question to that point ... why didn't we spread it out with a 7-9 point lead with less than a minute left? Instead, we continued to push it up tempo with missed shots and turnovers, giving H-F at least 2-3 extra possessions in that last minute; fortunate for us they did not capitalize.  I hope there is enough time to rectify these mistakes once T gets back.  

Perhaps best case scenario for the Tigers is a tie for district with H-J.  Why? That gives us an extra game with then with top seed on the line.  If we win, great then we can schedule a a tough warm up game against a solid 4A squad with a buy.  If we loose and end up 2nd seed, well then we don't have to worry about a bye, get right into playoff action, with a probable match up against Cleveland for the right to go to SHSU.

Finally, Prentice IS important to this team; but as a team. They play best when they get good, crisp ball movement, movement without the ball and unselfish play.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="952934" timestamp="1295712036"]
Aggie is Lane back next week? What's up with Busby?
[/quote]

I am trying to find out what's up with Busby.  He does give quality minutes ... he is one of the biggest surprises to me this year.  He's really stepped up his game in a big, big way. 

Harris is playing well, especially when he keeps his cool ... he has a knack on getting that offensive board in position for the put back.  On more than one occasion, both have had key rebounds. 

Other than the Big 2 of DC and PT, this team goes deeper than some in the past ... the Barretts, Elam, Barclay, Wilson, Rhone, Holmes, etc.

PS:  Busby could be back in 3 weeks ...

Lack of focus on Silsbee team last night but I do understand why. Actually you're mental toughness/focus is just as important against weaker teams. Thanks Silsbee, HF got the most out of this game. But HF needs to be mindful that it was a still a loss, even though the HF staff played to lose and notb make it a blowout.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="953100" timestamp="1295735191"]
When is Travis coming back? Tuesday? I know they have Orangefield and Bridge City the next 2 games, but they need to get into rhythem before the next HJ game. Could be trouble!
[/quote]

Travis has his stress test on Feb. 1st. He will not know of his return status until after that day.

[quote name="tigerpride81" post="952950" timestamp="1295713911"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=79025.msg952820#msg952820 date=1295674303]
Before I say anything,  let me say I was impressed by HF tonight.  They played hard and played good.  To answer  some of your questions Lazeek,  the Tigers are definitely missing Coach T.  I have faith in both Collins and Brooks but right now something is missing.  Not blaming either of these 2.  And yes the Tigers missed Lane as.  His length could have made a difference on the defensive end and he would have helped on the boards and offensive end as well. We also didn't have the depth we are used to.  Only played 9 players tonight  suited 10 counting Lane.   HF could very well be a playoff contender if they keep plyaing like this.  Their height was tough for the Tigers to deal with and they handled the pressure fairly well most of the time.  And just like the predictions on here maybe the Tigers did overlook the Horns a little bit.  I bet that part won't happen in Silsbee. The Tigers are definately not playing their best ball right now.  Offense looked sluggish and too much complaining about the game instead of playing it.  I really thought the Tigers would have a fairly easy night but HF didn't let that happen.  Great effort by them.  And way to hang in there and get the win Tigers.
[/quote]
Silsbee is not playing like the same team that I saw nearly beat Galveston Ball and the team that beat Westbrook.  Yeah, you're dealing with 15-16 year old boys, but that's where coaching comes into play.  Collins and Brooks ARE doing their best in place Coach T, but being in the hot seat(s) is not as easy once you're the one responsible for the decision [and not just a recommendation].  

Here's a question to that point ... why didn't we spread it out with a 7-9 point lead with less than a minute left? Instead, we continued to push it up tempo with missed shots and turnovers, giving H-F at least 2-3 extra possessions in that last minute; fortunate for us they did not capitalize.  I hope there is enough time to rectify these mistakes once T gets back.  

Perhaps best case scenario for the Tigers is a tie for district with H-J.  Why? That gives us an extra game with then with top seed on the line.  If we win, great then we can schedule a a tough warm up game against a solid 4A squad with a buy.  If we loose and end up 2nd seed, well then we don't have to worry about a bye, get right into playoff action, with a probable match up against Cleveland for the right to go to SHSU.

Finally, Prentice IS important to this team; but as a team. They play best when they get good, crisp ball movement, movement without the ball and unselfish play.
[/quote]Yep, kinda like Galveston Ball didn't take Silsbee seriously ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476