**SILSBEE @ HAMSHIRE-FANNETT Broadcast**/SILSBEE WINS 64-57!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lazy passes, no movement without the ball ... when all you do is yell at the kids to work harder, then all they do is stand around waiting to get the ball and be the hero.  In the end, nobody plays to their full potential, because when the game is played right the sum is always better than the parts.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="952679" timestamp="1295666862"]
Yea, I don't want him back until he is 100% ready and able. Collins and Brooks have got to get these guys playing better. There seems to be a strong let up to some degree.
[/quote]

Look for him to be back in the gym by Feb 2nd if all goes well!

Sounds like HF has improved from what I'd seen of them over the last seven years, when their teams never beat us on the scoreboard, but always beat us up pretty well with their dreaded "tackle the man with the ball" defense and odious "throw it up at the bucket and then go tackle the man with the ball" offense.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="952711" timestamp="1295667826"]
I willing to say HF WILL be a playoff team
[/quote]Although Silsbee was not at full capacity and was missing a key player...and I again did not agree with all of the subbing....our big men showed up to play tonight and showed up big despite all of the above! HF boys did a wonderful job...you played your heart out! Lets keep the momentum guys! Great effort!

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="952745" timestamp="1295669697"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79025.msg952711#msg952711 date=1295667826]
[/quote]Although Silsbee was not at full capacity and was missing a key player...and I again did not agree with all of the subbing....our big men showed up to play tonight and showed up big despite all of the above! HF boys did a wonderful job...you played your heart out! Lets keep the momentum guys! Great effort!
[/quote]

Making the Dove 2012 prediction look pretty credible.

[quote name="stevenash" post="952762" timestamp="1295671384"]
[quote author=mammagotjuice link=topic=79025.msg952745#msg952745 date=1295669697]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=79025.msg952711#msg952711 date=1295667826]
[/quote]

Making the Dove 2012 prediction look pretty credible.
[/quote]He's been trying to tell you guys.....lol

Was shocked as I kept up with this score during my broadcast of the HJ/WOS game..............

What was the deal???

Did Silsbee struggle without Lane?
Is Silsbee struggling without Coach T?
Is HF really a playoff contender?
Did Silsbee overlook the Longhorns?
Is Silsbee not as good as they say and think they are??  Not being a jerk, just asking!!!  But sure I will be raked over the coals for this one?

Nonetheless a WIN is a WIN!!!  Great job Horns and great job Tigers for the W!!!!

Before I say anything,  let me say I was impressed by HF tonight.  They played hard and played good.  To answer  some of your questions Lazeek,  the Tigers are definitely missing Coach T.  I have faith in both Collins and Brooks but right now something is missing.  Not blaming either of these 2.  And yes the Tigers missed Lane as.  His length could have made a difference on the defensive end and he would have helped on the boards and offensive end as well. We also didn't have the depth we are used to.  Only played 9 players tonight  suited 10 counting Lane.  HF could very well be a playoff contender if they keep plyaing like this.  Their height was tough for the Tigers to deal with and they handled the pressure fairly well most of the time.  And just like the predictions on here maybe the Tigers did overlook the Horns a little bit.  I bet that part won't happen in Silsbee. The Tigers are definately not playing their best ball right now.  Offense looked sluggish and too much complaining about the game instead of playing it.  I really thought the Tigers would have a fairly easy night but HF didn't let that happen.  Great effort by them.  And way to hang in there and get the win Tigers.

Answers to your questions, LAZEEK:

Did Silsbee struggle without Lane?    YES
Is Silsbee struggling without Coach T?  YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
Is HF really a playoff contender? Could be, with a little work
Did Silsbee overlook the Longhorns?  Maybe ;)
Is Silsbee not as good as they say and think they are??  Good enought to beat HJ ;)

:D :D :D

Still trying to figure things out in the district........lots of odd scores and teams winning and playing games closer than they should!!!!!

Silsbee beats HJ by 8 and beats WO-S by 8 and then HJ pounded WO-S in Orange.

HJ struggles to beat OF and then BC beats OF.

OF beats HF by 8 and then Silsbee only beats HF by 8.

Gotta love the competition of this district.

Still got HJ, Silsbee and WO-S in the playoffs!!!!

Folks the sky isn't falling, you're dealing with 15-16 and 17 year old kids coming off a HUGE game last week.Both HJ and Silsbee will get back to normal.It's impossible for any coaching staff to keep these kids focused 24/7.Look on the bright side, the Tigers played a sub par game and still WON by 7.

I honestly believe the team misses their head coach. Not having Travis on the sidelines is having an affect on the team. They need things to get back to the norm.

Also, IMO, I think it has shown in the last 1 1/2 games, how important Prentice Lane is to this team. Not having him in the second half of the WOS game and him missing last night's game entirely, show's how much he brings to the floor for the Tigers. He is a scorer for the Tigers, both on the drive and shooting the 3. He also is an excellant rebounder for Silsbee, which we definitely missed last night not having Willie Busby.

Silsbee will miss Busby as well these next 6 games. Busby had been playing very well of late. He comes off the bench replacing either Harris or Stallworth. He has given the Tigers quality minutes, rebounding, defending, and scoring inside when needed. He helped Silsbee defeat WOS when Stallworth had to sit for 10 of the 16 minutes in the 2nd half. His play in those minutes were very important in keeping Silsbee in the game and allowing for Stallworth to sit with the 4 fouls and not have to be inserted too soon.

Silsbee is definitely going the a bit of a lull right now. This happens all the time with teams. Seems to happen every year at sometime for Silsbee. I told a friend last night that I thought Silsbee is ripe for the picking right now. They are doing just enough to win games right now but really need to pick it up soon or they will be looking on the wrong side of a game result.

I agree with whsalum, it just shows how good a team Silsbee really is by continuing to win despite that they are not playing well at this time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476