ATTENTION PREZ SIMMONS AND AD TIDWELL.......

Lazeek

The time has come to really consider replacing your Men's Basketball coach.  The players don't trust him, the fans don't trust him, he continues to blow opportunities and is being out coached by each and every team that they play.  How many games this year have they blown leads at half or big leads in the 2nd half????  Too many to count..........7-8 is UNACCEPTABLE at this point of his career!!!!

Very disgruntled Lamar Season Ticket Holder for almost 10 years now!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not unthinkable that if this team new how to hold a lead and make good decisions at the end they could be sitting right now with only one or two losses.  The only teams that they have played that they didn't have the oppurtunity to win was SMU an Texas.  And if they were on a roll they might have had a shot at one of those.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="947282" timestamp="1294893490"]
Why did Adams only play like 2 minutes in the 2nd half???  He was hot in the 1st half!!!!

Not sure of his rotation strategies..........don't think he knows either!!!
[/quote]

I questioned the rotation myself.

BTW, I think Lamar is the only college team in the country that has a 52 point player coming off the bench. ;)

Roc simply got out coached in those last two minutes.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="947287" timestamp="1294893768"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78663.msg947282#msg947282 date=1294893490]
Why did Adams only play like 2 minutes in the 2nd half???  He was hot in the 1st half!!!!

[/quote]

BTW, I think Lamar is the only college team in the country that has a 52 point player coming off the bench. ;)

[/quote]

From what I have read it is that way every game...........

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="947290" timestamp="1294893989"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78663.msg947287#msg947287 date=1294893768]
Why did Adams only play like 2 minutes in the 2nd half???  He was hot in the 1st half!!!!

[/quote]

[b]Besides Adams and James I wondered about Lamb, I don't think he got in enough the second half.
Harper on facebook said he may have sprained MCL or maybe a fracture. I hope it is not serious.[/b]

[/quote]

From what I have read it is that way every game...........
[/quote]

My bad my comments were put in with AggiesAreWe.
The only thing I want to add right now is the Roc is making it harder to be a Lamar fan and wear the red and white promoting Lamar. 

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="947302" timestamp="1294897804"]
Roc is a hometown guy and the people in power love him. He is not going anywhere.
Can't coach is way out of a paper bag but is good at kissing the right butts.
We can lose the rest of the games and Roc will come back next year.
[/quote]

So the powers that be are saying "Screw you fans, we like having a butts kissed by this guy!" so we're keeping him?  That would be so insulting and pathetic if true.

Sleepy, I hope you aren't referring to Alvin Brooks. I liked him as a player and he appears to be a good assistant but when given the Head Coaching duties at UH he left that team in terrible condition.

As I stated a few weeks ago, there needs to be a change. I like Roc as a person but he isn't getting the job done. Just don't think AB would be the answer.

Hoop_Insider what is your opinion of Alvin Brooks as a Head Coach?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="947287" timestamp="1294893768"]

[/quote]

[b]BTW, I think Lamar is the only college team in the country that has a 52 point player coming off the bench.[/b] ;)

[/quote]

James dropped 52 on a horrible DIII team. Look at what he did last night against a fairly good Low Major DI team. 1-6 from the floor with 3 turnovers (one of them very costly) and no assists in 17 minutes.
The bigger question is why have Harper and Miles regressesd in the past few weeks??

I agree, the Roc experiment is done!

[quote name="bigred360" post="947330" timestamp="1294926152"]
Sleepy, I hope you aren't referring to Alvin Brooks. I liked him as a player and he appears to be a good assistant but when given the Head Coaching duties at UH he left that team in terrible condition.

As I stated a few weeks ago, there needs to be a change. I like Roc as a person but he isn't getting the job done. Just don't think AB would be the answer.

Hoop_Insider what is your opinion of Alvin Brooks as a Head Coach?
[/quote]

Not who I would pick either.  Just what I think will happen and is already in the works.

Coach Roc's coaching abilities have been in question since day one.  You would think after 5 years he'd at least improve a little in that category but appears that this old saying is true:  You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Here's another reason to join the WAC:  I doubt BCG would ever agree to coach in the SLC, but if Lamar joins the WAC then maybe he wouldn't mind that so much.  I think somebody would have to open up their wallets to get him here but who knows.

From an outsider, FWIW-

Not sure who BCG is, but the ROC experiment has failed.  Time to move on for Lamar.  There are way too many good assistant coaches out there with shingles on the wall that would make a fine head coach at Lamar.  For that matter, there are probably many head coaches, albeit at a lower division, that could come in and get Lamar back to where they should be in college basketball.

Remove the ROC.

Been Caught Grinkin'

IF LU forked out big bucks, and IF BCG got drunk one night and accepted the LU job (Beer Goggles), and IF he turned LU into a winner in a few years, he'd be gone ASAP!!!
Skelton would be affordable, has prooven himself as both a recruiter and an X' & O's man, and would have to win over a longer period of time at LU to get a better gig. Just a thought.

[quote name="badndn" post="947467" timestamp="1294936856"]
Been Caught Grinkin'

IF LU forked out big bucks, and IF BCG got drunk one night and accepted the LU job (Beer Goggles), and IF he turned LU into a winner in a few years, he'd be gone ASAP!!!
Skelton would be affordable, has prooven himself as both a recruiter and an X' & O's man, and would have to win over a longer period of time at LU to get a better gig. Just a thought.
[/quote]

Man, I was just telling Green Menace who BCG was.  :D

[quote name="bigred360" post="947473" timestamp="1294937389"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=78663.msg947467#msg947467 date=1294936856]
Been Caught Grinkin'

[/quote]

Man, I was just telling Green Menace who BCG was.  :D
[/quote]
Thanks.  I remember his name but can't recall where he coached.  But, Lamar don't need a drinker.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami