ATTENTION PREZ SIMMONS AND AD TIDWELL.......

Lazeek

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this as being a very sticky situation for Dr. Simmons.  I am a big fan of his and he has done a superman's job as President of LU.  I think he wants to give Roc as much time as possible to succeed.  I'm just not sure Roc can accomodate Dr. Simmons confidence in him.  I see interest in LU basketball right now to be about as low as it's been since Billy Tubbs first took the job back in 1976.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="952374" timestamp="1295643015"]
I see this as being a very sticky situation for Dr. Simmons.  I am a big fan of his and he has done a superman's job as President of LU.  I think he wants to give Roc as much time as possible to succeed.  I'm just not sure Roc can accomodate Dr. Simmons confidence in him.  I see interest in LU basketball right now to be about as low as it's been since Billy Tubbs first took the job back in 1976.
[/quote]

Dr. Simmons replaced Tubbs as AD with Tidwell sooner than anyone was expecting.  With Roc's contract up (I believe) after this season I don't think Dr. Simmons will have any problem not renewing his contract. 

[quote name="becktobigs" post="952419" timestamp="1295649167"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=78663.msg949666#msg949666 date=1295270770]
Pat Foster was at Lamar for 6 years and made either the NCAA or NIT Tournament every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Foster
[/quote] Everybody loves Billy but Pat Foster was the best coach we ever had.
[/quote]
I agree and I met him a few years ago at a church in Sugar Land. He lives there now and was a super great guy to talk to.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="952431" timestamp="1295650811"]
[quote author=becktobigs link=topic=78663.msg952419#msg952419 date=1295649167]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=78663.msg949666#msg949666 date=1295270770]
Pat Foster was at Lamar for 6 years and made either the NCAA or NIT Tournament every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Foster
[/quote] Everybody loves Billy but Pat Foster was the best coach we ever had.
[/quote]
I agree and I met him a few years ago at a church in Sugar Land. He lives there now and was a super great guy to talk to.
[/quote]

Pat Foster could really spit out those profanities during games!  :D

From my perspective I agree that Foster was the best x & o coach Lamar has had since I became aware of the program moving here in 83 but having watched Tubss both at Oklahoma and here the 2nd time.  Tubbs probably was a better overall recruiter as is evidenced by his success at Oklahoma as compared to Foster at UH and Utah.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami