How does HJ compare to Silsbee this year?

BADSANTA

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is still a lot of ball to be played and HJ has not been up to full speed since the season started, They are gelling now but it should all come together for some interesting matchups later in the year. I cant wait until everyone is healthy. This team can be really special. As for apples and oranges....right now maybe, let everyone get healthy and it will get interesting.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="939706" timestamp="1293686668"]
[quote author=Scalabrine link=topic=78065.msg939660#msg939660 date=1293680989]
Prudohmme vs Stallworth, Gus vs Gained, Sutherland and Bosha vs Lane. I got my money on HJ...
[/quote]
???

By the match-ups you just stated, I got my money on Silsbee...
[/quote]
I agree

Things going good for HJ:

Coaching
Team
Execution

It's not matching up 1 on 1 with Silsbee

High school basketball is all about matchups and there are some interesting ones between these 2 clubs.The biggest thing everyone is overlooking is Silsbee scores a ton of their points this year off turnovers and HJ isn't going to turn it over much.The Hawks developed a lot of depth while they had their injuries,this series is gonna be closer than most folks think.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939828" timestamp="1293730437"]
HJ doesn't have a player on their team that can match up 1 on 1 to Stallworth. Silsbee has 9 players that can get double figures in any game. A team that deep is hard to beat. If you can go to your bench and not lose a beat, that's hard to beat.
[/quote]

Thats why they play the game.  You could have made the exact same argument when Silsbee played Jasper in the regional semis two years ago.  The Spurs and Bucks both recently beat the Lakers but neither team had someone to match up one on one with Kobe nor did they have the depth.  But somehow, it took place.  By the way, Silsbee may have 9 players who can get double figures but I doubt half that many will do so against HJ.

[quote name="whsalum" post="939856" timestamp="1293735166"]
High school basketball is all about matchups and there are some interesting ones between these 2 clubs.The biggest thing everyone is overlooking is Silsbee scores a ton of their points this year off turnovers and HJ isn't going to turn it over much.The Hawks developed a lot of depth while they had their injuries,this series is gonna be closer than most folks think.
[/quote]

I think ( and hope) you are correct in that statement.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939828" timestamp="1293730437"]
HJ doesn't have a player on their team that can match up 1 on 1 to Stallworth. Silsbee has 9 players that can get double figures in any game. A team that deep is hard to beat. If you can go to your bench and not lose a beat, that's hard to beat.
[/quote]

I cant comment on many matchups but will bet you a dollar to a donut right now, that the HJ point guard will be faster/quicker than his counterpart at Silsbee.  Not suggesting that it will make a big difference in the game, but it will make things easier for HJ to navigate the press.

[quote name="hjhawks" post="939862" timestamp="1293736176"]
looking at the brackets, the dist champ will have navasota in their 2nd game....
[/quote]

That is correct.  Although Navasota is "down" this year.  Silsbee plays Navasota in Silsbee next Saturday.  Should be interesting to see how the two teams compare.

Runner Up in 21-3A would face Cleveland in Regional Quarters if both teams make it that far.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939890" timestamp="1293740619"]
I'm willing to bet all of you Hawks fans a beer that Silsbee sweeps HJ this year. Average margin of victory will be 11 points. Any takers? Also, if HJ beats Silsbee I will wear a HJ shirt and sit right in the middle of the Tiger crowd. IMO HJ is overrated!
[/quote]

You still haven't made good on your previous bet with me. Why would anyone want to bet you on anything? You have proved to be a welcher.

I'm willing to bet all of you Hawks fans a beer that Silsbee sweeps HJ this year. Average margin of victory will be 11 points. Any takers? Also, if HJ beats Silsbee I will wear a HJ shirt and sit right in the middle of the Tiger crowd. IMO HJ is overrated!
[/quote]

I will accept the bet on one condition...........you come sit beside me for both Silsbee and HJ games!!!!!

I'm willing to bet all of you Hawks fans a beer that Silsbee sweeps HJ this year. Average margin of victory will be 11 points. Any takers? Also, if HJ beats Silsbee I will wear a HJ shirt and sit right in the middle of the Tiger crowd. IMO [b]HJ is overrated![/b][/quote]

I think somebody else just said it too!  ;D

I dont think anyone except a die-hard HJ fan or a parent of an HJ player will take that bet  ;)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="939906" timestamp="1293742786"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78065.msg939890#msg939890 date=1293740619]
[/quote]

I will accept the bet on one condition...........you come sit beside me for both Silsbee and HJ games!!!!!
[/quote]
Lazeek is die-hard.

[/quote]I'm not a drinking man but will bet a coke......I dont drink but gamble?

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939920" timestamp="1293745382"]
Lazeek I don't think you would want me to sit behind you. I'm usually the loudest in the gym. Aggie if I can get out of a 2pm meeting I will come down to the Navasota game.
[/quote]

Who has meetings on a Saturday at 2pm???  Sounds like a BS excuse to me!!!