Pearland vs Euless Trinity 5A D1 State Title Game Thread/OILERS UPSET TRINITY!!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Pearland came out slow and I thought...this is gunna be ugly, then the tables turned and we had a shootout till the end against ET.....any given night...right!
congrats to Pearland, that running back was great....looked like a JV kid, but very explosive...and tough..great job!!!!! ;D

Heart. Pearland had Heart!  IMO, Trinity outmanned Pearland, just rolled, but the Oilers's found strength & " want to" when they needed it. And yes, the trick play was phenomenal!  ET was out-coached IMHO. Great game, as was the 5A Div II game. I wasn't sure about the central site, but the TV coverage was nice. I just hope they move it around, not just keep it in Dallas. Nice end to a great season of FB. Heart!!!

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="936075" timestamp="1292763917"]
Man, Pearland came out slow and I thought...this is gunna be ugly, then the tables turned and we had a shootout till the end against ET.....any given night...right!
congrats to Pearland, that running back was great....looked like a JV kid, but very explosive...and tough..great job!!!!! ;D
[/quote]

Dustin Garrison really reminded me of of Leroy Dobbins, explosive stays low and always makes positive yardage. And did he ever deliver the wood to #26 on that pitch right at the goal line. The announcers kept saying how he took the lick, I got news for he, he DELIVERED the lick.....

Pearland was so so impressive against ET. Huge congratulations goes out to them, this was really big.

David vs.Goliath match-up-Congrads to Pearland and sorry we left @ halftime but my arse couldn't take another minute of any game.Cowboy stadium is nice but it's a maze to get around in and I wouldn't want to have to exit the building in a hurry.We listened to the game as far as the am station would carry it thru the airwaves driving home.

Congrats to the Oilers, outstanding game, really enjoyed all the games this weekend, great experience, my best friend and his son normally goes with us however this year they couldn't make it.  I had the honor of meeting some board members there, liltex, bh89-2 and ECBucFan a bunch of great guys and serious football fans, great atmosphere and there was a picture taken so maybe ECBucFan can post it for us.  8)

On the 17th, Friday, the crowd from the 4-7 game overlapped with the 8-11 game, causing confusion inside and outside resulting in lots of unhappy fans, including my 85 yr. old mother 'cause of nonexistant handicap parking and understaffed attendants, who kept saying," If this were a cowboy game...." as my pappy said, " if a frog had wings..."
Oh, what a wonderful and delightful Coach and Team from Pearland, (2 words not associated with football often).

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="belle-mere" post="936086" timestamp="1292766633"]
Heart. Pearland had Heart!  IMO, Trinity outmanned Pearland, just rolled, but the Oilers's found strength & " want to" when they needed it. And yes, the trick play was phenomenal!  ET was out-coached IMHO. Great game,... Heart!!!
[/quote]

Good description! I went to see great football, and WOW WHAT A GAME! I am very, very happy for Pearland! I also wanted to see those cocky HAKA's [u]lose[/u], as much as I wanted to see Pearland win!  8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder